82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
Really, really tiring.

My phone just gave up when we got to the circuit and I had no access to text messages or the internet. I was absolutely dark. It didn't even start retrieving them again until we got back to Folkestone services. Twas mental.

Good fun though. The interview was a weird and great experience - and I bumped into Wolfie at the Alain Prost pits and had a quick chat-erview I'll probably write into something for the GTP blog.

Really, really tiring.

My phone just gave up when we got to the circuit and I had no access to text messages or the internet. I was absolutely dark. It didn't even start retrieving them again until we got back to Folkestone services. Twas mental.

Good fun though. The interview was a weird and great experience - and I bumped into Wolfie at the Alain Prost pits and had a quick chat-erview I'll probably write into something for the GTP blog.
Tried to get in touch with you but the same my signal spazed out and didn't get anything till 12:30am till about 6am then it went again on the sfr network.

Was fun texting people from a French number wondering who it was :lol:

http://jalopnik.com/the-24-hours-of-le-mans-in-12-stunning-photos-1591359461
really cool pictures from Jalopnik. Here are my favorites:
770555197890673579.jpg

770555198117897643.jpg

770555198296790699.jpg

h23acvpxom8venkde467.jpg

For #7 Toyota failure, got this onboard where you hear the electrics failing and then the camera cuts out(1:10:58)

Audi #1 onboard past it(1:12:52)

Thanks a lot for posting that! The sound on the TS040s onboard sounds definitely fatal! :lol:. One thing is winning a 6 hour or 1000Km race. Another completely different thing is building one that can go for 24 hours at hellish pace without going boom. Here's hoping they learnt a lot from this race and give us fans a heck of a show in LM2015!

Incoming video in about an hour and thirty minutes, I think you guys will love it. If people love it a lot, I'll do a similar one for the Nurburging race next week.

Edit: Well after the internet decided to stop and have some lunch, make that in Two hours.

Last edited:
This is taking abit longer then I expected so here's only a small sample of it:

Abit short I know. By far the hardest part of the video and that's only half of that part. Full one should be done fairly soon.

Last edited:
*cue Australian accent*

You're a bloody genius, RACECAR mate! Well done!

After thinking about this year's Le Mans, here is an excerpt I posted this in my Facebook profile and in my Facebook fan page:

"Audi wins Le Mans 2014 outright. Yep. Audi gets it done AGAIN. I almost sort of wonder if Audi feels like they've accomplished everything that has to be accomplished in sportscar racing and that they feel they can accomplish no more. It was the No. 2 Audi, the No. 1 Audi, and the No. 8 Toyota TS040 Hybrid that filled out the overall podium."

I posted this in the sense that Audi seems to have dominated for most of the 21st Century at Le Mans. It is not that I want Audi to stop or anything, but I almost tend to wonder if Audi ever feels like they've accomplished and established themselves as legends and feel like they can do no more at Le Mans and... pass the torch.

I want Toyota to win at Le Mans with their hybrid machine, but they disappointed AGAIN by not being able to win at Le Mans. I hate adding salt to wounds, but it is just sad that Toyota has lots of money and resources, but can't parlay that too much into championships and major wins. Toyota at Le Mans has about as many overall wins as their F1 team. An overall podium is still nothing to scoff at. Then too, Toyota placed higher with the GT-One back in 1999 compared to this 3rd Overall at Le Mans 2014. Toyota is still a contender. Their luck in a lot of international motorsport is mostly just horrid.

Congratulations to the #38 Jota in LMP2, the #51 AF Corse in GTE-Pro and the #95 Aston Martin in GTE-Am for their class victories.

I saw as much as I could on TV and followed as much as I could through Twitter. Either I haven't been as active following races anymore or things are just different from the dedicated coverage the former Speedvision and Speed Channel offered. I still love Le Mans. Always have, always will. I basically grew up as a racing fan following GT/Sportscar/Endurance racing.

Bring on Le Mans 2015! :D

Back