83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
  • 226,326 views
Interesting to note, considering they didn't have a suitable setup and weren't really able to run one even if they found it, the car improved in race trim by 4 seconds.
It was long known that Nissan was not going to use the hybrid system.

What I was wondering throughout the race is could Nissan have used the hybrid on 1 car? If so then surely it was worth a shot.
Not really, since its disagreement with the gearbox (which is the main issue) basically means that it wouldn't physically last for any meaningful amount of time - we'd be talking minutes over hours. I'd be surprised if it could even do a lap. As someone said, they knew the cars were broken and there was no quick fix, so they put the effort into the team rather than the car.
 
Great pictures all of them. The "Paul Dalla Lana" shot depicts with great realism a truly sad moment. Respect to the track officials for their supportive attitude.
 
Hey @Roo , any chance you let me use the Viper shot as my GTP avatar (and maybe my Twitter background banner) please?
 
Caption Competition

CHyO2xxWcAAHCZ_.jpg
 
You do have to wonder how much more Alonso now wants to go Sports car racing after the comments he was making about the Audi R18 E-Tron last year.
 
Hey @Roo , any chance you let me use the Viper shot as my GTP avatar (and maybe my Twitter background banner) please?

Sure, go ahead. There's another Viper shot in the 'Piccies' Flickr link.

One more, because I can:

DSC_1344 by GTP_Roo, on Flickr

So, so close to being a good photo, but just too out of focus to make it. That's just the way things go.
 
Last edited:
Roo
Sure, go ahead. There's another Viper shot in the 'Piccies' Flickr link.

One more, because I can:

DSC_1344 by GTP_Roo, on Flickr

So, so close to being a good photo, but just too out of focus to make it. That's just the way things go.

Personally I think it works great. The DMG Mori logo on the tail fin makes for a good focal point. 👍
 
A little video from there this year :)! I'm no director or anything but enjoy non the less! One of the best experiences ever, I'm definitely going to go again!

 
And they're still looking for footage of the Beechdean spin. :lol:
 
Turns out it's a programme about Paul Hollywood they were doing and not about the race.
 
Turns out it's a programme about Paul Hollywood they were doing and not about the race.

Yeah they mentioned that during the race with a RLM interview with him.
 
Yeah they mentioned that during the race with a RLM interview with him.
Must have missed that only found out when my mate texted me about it just now.

He thinks I should send him
Some footage but I'm still waiting to be paid for footage that I supplied to national geographic and discovery back in 2006/2007.....
 
"Mr. Matsuda, does the car run?"
"Hai."
"Do you need help starting it?"
"Hai."

"We're trying to help, but he just keeps greeting us!"
This is the best post of all 156 pages so far... the sequoia I posted was funny too... but this one had me laughing for 15 minutes. lol. :P
 
This is the best post of all 156 pages so far... the sequoia I posted was funny too... but this one had me laughing for 15 minutes. lol. :p
That's what the like system is for. There's no point bringing back a dead thread for that.
 
Back