83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
  • 226,361 views
H24

- Furthest distance since 2011.
- 2nd furthest of all time.

CHdorD3XAAAR0Zb.png:large
 
A great race. Record-breaking, exciting, it had everything. Congratulations to Porsche, KCMG, Corvette and SMP Racing:cheers: This is the end of my very first Le Mans in GTPlanet, thanks to everybody. Good morning (or night)!
 
Superb racing from both Porsche and Audi. I might root for Toyota, but there's no denying that Porsche deserved the win, and in any case, it's nice to see someone else than Audi win at Le Mans every now and again. here's to next year, where hopefully we'll have 4 equal LMP1's, and Toyota back in the front :D

Also quite happy for the Corvette team, even if I'd rather the Dane train in the Nr. 95 Aston had won.
 
It's hard to call the Audi the Tortoise when if you look at live timing all 3 Audis had fastest laps in the 3:17s and all three Porsches only managed 3:18s during the race.... :)
 
Kiwi 1-2, awesome. 👍
 
It's nice to see the Corvette survive the game of attrition that was the GTE Pro class after losing a car before the race even began. Winning the class on top of it is even nicer.
 
The best Le Mans race in history would happen, that's what. And I want to see that happen, and I believe that most people here would agree.
On that note, what was the most competitive Le Mans to date? Anyone?
 
H24 LM P1-H

- Very interesting that the #22 did 16 laps (it's best stint) in the final hour.

CHdq3t8XAAEDUGN.png:large
 
Congrats to Porsche in LMP1, KCMG in LMP2, Corvette in GTE-Pro, and to the SMP Ferrari in GTE-Am! It was one heck of a race, and now...I can relax. :lol:

Also, congrats to Dempsey finishing 2nd in GTE-Am, getting closer to that goal of a victory! :)
 
Le Mans is like all motorsport in that you have your favourites through the whole race and are hoping the others have little problems to knock them down, then you get to the checkered flag and whatever the result you somehow feel happy. There is only one word to describe it. Magic.

See you all in next years thread!
 
So the Old King has come back and taken its throne with a 1-2, Nissan survived its trial by Le Mans (Just) and Corvette fans are singing the 'Star Spangaled Banner' for their victory. :lol:

Not a bad result for this year. :p:tup:
 
Congrats to Porsche, enjoy your success while it last... Audi has a tendency to lose one year and win for the next five!

And congrats to the Incredible Hulkenberg, he's proven that despite his choice of manufacturers (damn Porsche), he's more than worthy of the victory he achieved. How many other F1 drivers will be able to say they got that piece of the Triple Crown on the grid now?

Besides the race, chatting with you guys is the highlight of any race really. That's why I like this community so much, although we sometimes have our differences :lol:

First Le Mans I follow with you guys, first Le Mans that I don't have to do a stint in the bed. Although now that pillow surely looks inviting.

Also, I enjoyed the Krohn/Ferrari/Ligier drinking game. Ended up drinking 4l of water... Now I really need to go to take a leak, least I explode like a Porsche engine. :lol:
 
I just missed the end sadly. I watched a solid 12 hours of the race though. Porsche had a very well deserved win, the 919 is an absolute monster of a Machine. It was great to see a gas burner win! All, nice job Corvette racing! 1 car and a rock-steady performance.
 
24 hours times 60 minutes equals 1440 minutes divided by 146 pages generated on the dedicated forum for the race equals about a new page every 9 minutes. I think I got that right..... Anyone is free to check to that.
 
Back