8th(?) gen Civic.

• Thread starter Layzie
  • 47 comments
hurcon1
Spy Shot: Honda Civic 2006
Here are the first shots of the 2006 Honda Civic: lower-slung, sportier and altogether less MPV-like than the current car. Expect three- , four- and five-door versions in Europe, and we may also get a Coupe - said to have an S2000-like long nose - this next time around. The European and American versions will share far more components in the new range, in a bid to cut production costs. Hot Type-R and fuel-saving hybrid versions are certain.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/g....html

Honda-Civic-001.jpg

Honda-Civic-004.jpg

Honda-Civic-002.jpg

It reminds me of the old Vauxhall Tigra in that top picture, and kinda Seat at the back in the bottom one. With the front end of a Pontiac Fiero (or was it the Grand Prix? Or the Firebird? I forget).

Appears that Honda has taken up cab-forward where Daimler-Chrysler left off. I dont care what it looks like; I just hope it is better dynamically than the current-gen.

What a lame looking car. There's nothing aggressive about it, or anything that makes it stand out. It just plain sucks. But, of course, maybe there are some surprises hidden under the tape.

Look's like a;

Toyota Prius
Pontiac GTO
Acura TL/TSX
SiR
Poop.

That's ugly as ****. That's more like a Peugot or some crap.

ND4SPD
For some reason, it reminds me of the Peugeot 206.
yup same here.

sUn
Look's like a;

Toyota Prius
Pontiac GTO
Acura TL/TSX
SiR
Poop.

That's ugly as ****. That's more like a Peugot or some crap.

Hmm why is it "Acura TL/TSX" They are too both DIFFERENT CARS! And are you saying Peugot's are bad? I actually like a few of them myself.

the peugeots are awesome... but this civic looks like a peugeot wannabe got slapped by the wrong end of an ugly stick

I'd never say that's a Honda.

I think it's too early to make judgements about it. That car is completely under wraps.

pimp racer
yup same here.

Hmm why is it "Acura TL/TSX" They are too both DIFFERENT CARS! And are you saying Peugot's are bad? I actually like a few of them myself.

That's what the car look's like. All of the cars I stated look like they were melt together in a bad way.

You people are ****ing idiots.

Before the Porsche Cayenne came out, everyone made fun of the way it looks. Now that people see them, it really isn't that bad. Of course, it wasn't helped by the fact that it had what was likely the single worst press picture ever taken. I hope they fired a whole team of people for that picture. Either way, nobody comments on how 'ugly' it is now.

Before the 996 Porsche 911 came out, people thought it was going to be the single ugliest thing ever. Ever. But guess what? It isn't really all that bad either.

Before the current BMW 5-series came out, everyone said it was uglier than the 7-series. But once again, once they started appearing ON THE STREET, everyone shut the hell up. Very few people criticize the new 5-series anymore.

Same story on the Z4. Ugly in magazines, good-looking on the street when we all started to see them. Though that one may have been helped by the fact that it drives like nothing else.

You people have seen THREE PICTURES of a vehicle wearing almost FULL black tape. YOU CANNOT SEE THE VEHICLE AT ALL. And yet, already you've all gone off on how ugly it is. SHUT THE **** UP.

M5Power
You people are ****ing idiots.

Before the Porsche Cayenne came out, everyone made fun of the way it looks. Now that people see them, it really isn't that bad. Of course, it wasn't helped by the fact that it had what was likely the single worst press picture ever taken. I hope they fired a whole team of people for that picture. Either way, nobody comments on how 'ugly' it is now.

Before the 996 Porsche 911 came out, people thought it was going to be the single ugliest thing ever. Ever. But guess what? It isn't really all that bad either.

Before the current BMW 5-series came out, everyone said it was uglier than the 7-series. But once again, once they started appearing ON THE STREET, everyone shut the hell up. Very few people criticize the new 5-series anymore.

Same story on the Z4. Ugly in magazines, good-looking on the street when we all started to see them. Though that one may have been helped by the fact that it drives like nothing else.

You people have seen THREE PICTURES of a vehicle wearing almost FULL black tape. YOU CANNOT SEE THE VEHICLE AT ALL. And yet, already you've all gone off on how ugly it is. SHUT THE **** UP.

Yeah I agree it will look way better and hopefully its gonna be a Peugot and not a Honda but even if it is a Honda its still good.

M5Power

Honestly, that is the first positive comment I have ever heard about the new 5 series' styling. I'm serious.

I wanted Chris Bangle to get slapped around for making such an ugly car when I first saw it, and I still feel the same, eventhough I see these ugly cars every day.

Although I have to agree with you on the Z4. It's not very photogenic (sp?), but it looks great in real life. The same goes for the Ferrari Enzo.

Now that I have seen the whole car I think it looks pretty cool. I hope they leave those exaust tips like that! I bet it just a prototype thing where they do it on everyone prototype.

///M-Spec
I kinda like it. Neat shape.

M
Yeah and hopefully its also aerodynamic too.

Back to that Z4 yeah I agree when you see pictures of it I think it looks ugly as hell. BUT when I see it in real life ( almost everyday at school) it looks just BEAUTIFUL!

It reminds me of the old Vauxhall Tigra in that top picture
Very much so...

First impressions can count for alot. But then again it isn't a 'complete' picture so it doesn't really count.

That 'spoiler' on the back will look really weird once a 'ricer' sticks his/her own one on top.

Back