8th(?) gen Civic.

• Thread starter Layzie
  • 47 comments
I actually don't mind those pictures, even if they aren't official ones. Lose the spoiler, or maybe even put it at the top of the window instead, and the back doesn't look too bad.

I like the fine print. "Rival forthcoming Ford Focus Cosworth". Hmmm, NA FF car on one side, turbo 4WD on another.

attachment.php

Take the styling as a grain of salt.

Attachments

• 32162gr.jpg
    32162gr.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 63
"This is so clearly a photoshop. Look at the red lines, they become farther apart in the distance; they should come closer together. Also, where is the rear door handle?"

The red lines? They have nothing to do with the car! They're added on to the pictures - of course that's done with Photoshop (or similar tool)! Door handle? Perhaps it's a rear swinging door with the handle inside much like the four-door trucks and the RX-8.

The thing that's messed up about that pictures is the angles are all wrong. Why can we see that much of the front of the car? It looks like it's bent around. And the parts all look fake - like the've been cut from other cars and assembled in this picture.

I thought it was pretty clear that the lines were to represent the distorted perspective of the cars nose.

Your second paragraph pretty much proved the point, it is obviously a photochop, not a great one at that.

That said, the world needs a new CRX. And not some Del-Sol Miata/MR2 knockoff.

DrogoGTO
I thought it was pretty clear that the lines were to represent the distorted perspective of the cars nose.

Your second paragraph pretty much proved the point, it is obviously a photochop, not a great one at that.

That said, the world needs a new CRX. And not some Del-Sol Miata/MR2 knockoff.

But the use of the red lines is just dumb. They're overlayed red lines - they don't even go straight across the car. At one corner it's on the headlight and the other corner it's not. What does that prove?

The car could use "hidden door handles" similar to what Alfa uses on the 156/147. Well, if it were real.

LoudMusic
But the use of the red lines is just dumb. They're overlayed red lines - they don't even go straight across the car. At one corner it's on the headlight and the other corner it's not. What does that prove?
The car isn't straight--not the lines. The one at the base of the hood is parallel to the top of the grille.

Am I the only person here remotely interested at the prospect of a tuned Accord engine going into the Civic Type R? I see plenty of performance potential here!

Although I could care less for it's styling.

ND4SPD
For some reason, it reminds me of the Peugeot 206.

Exactly what i was thinking.

Hideous overall. Incredibly french looking.
Also, does anyone know why i cant see how many posts someone has made anymore?

PublicSecrecy
Exactly what i was thinking.

Hideous overall. Incredibly french looking.
Now that you mention it, this car's styling screams Puegeot. The side profile, the rear lights, the front grille, they all bear a striking resemblance to the 206.

Ev0
Now that you mention it, this car's styling screams Puegeot. The side profile, the rear lights, the front grille, they all bear a striking resemblance to the 206.

But you dont know why the little post-meter and other stuff dissapeared from the page? :lol:

I think it looks nice. It is different looking, but I don't think it's anywhere near ugly.

P.S. I think I see a handle for the rear door, right in front of the c-pillar.

Back