979PP Red Bull Fan Car 1 Lap Time Trial: Circuito de la Sierra

  • Thread starter Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 177 comments
  • 28,950 views
Messages
2,517
United Kingdom
London
Messages
nowcontrol
New Year Holiday Challenge 2015-2016 (Season 1)

979PP Red Bull Fan Car 1 Lap Time Trial: Circuito de la Sierra


NYHC1516 - 979PP Red Bull Fan Car 1 Lap Time Trial @ Circuito de la Sierra.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[NYHC1516] - 979PP Red Bull Fan Car 1 Lap Time Trial @ Circuito de la Sierra.jpg


Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Red Bull X2014 Fan Car by DrAug / Modifications by RacingHardTV

Red Bull X2014 Fan Car by RacingHardTV

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:
 
Last edited:
IT RAINS ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?
Note: The RA menu helps alot
 
Last edited:
I've no chance in hell of doing this. i can't get around Sierra in a normal car with out going off.
 
Wow. I'd have to be pretty masochistic to actually attempt this thing.

The former highschooler part of my brain badly wants to run lap attempts on this thing all night long. But the responsible, rational adult part of my brain is just imagining the pain I'd feel in my arms from shredding my carpal tunnel nerves into oblivion on this monstrosity.

I guess I'll just have to experience this TT vicariously. Hopefully some of you psychos on here who put some serious attempts into this thing will do some followup writeups about the terrifying misadventures on various forgotten and ill-braked corners scattered across this enormous course.

Can't wait to read an enraged style of post from someone who was ahead of the #1 ghost and then flew off the track a few turns from the finish line. :lol: :mischievous:
 
Putting the game back in the box til the nonsense is over. Garbage car on a garbage track. Not even gonna be tempted to see next weeks stupidity
 
After driving the Tomahawk, the Red Bull's speed isn't that concerning for me. HOWEVER, the worst part about this event is: 1) the hairpins are too steep and makes the RB suspension twerk harder than Miley Cyrus, causing you to lose control :banghead: and 2) it rains at the most convenient moment (at the hairpins) making surface water go up to 44% and since you're on Racing Hards it makes it harder to put the power down coming out of those hairpins :banghead:. The first and last parts of the track is mostly high speed corners so it's easy. Just override your brain's natural desire to lift off and you can take most corners and jumps flat out. Oh, and KEEP AWAY from kerbs. They're great for normal cars to prevent understeer, but in this they're going to pull you straight into the barriers.

It took me 1 hour just to get past the halfway point. Once I do, I just drove the remaining of the lap conservatively and got 5.11. Don't think I'm gonna bother as hard with this as with the Tomahawk. Sierra is one of the worst PD track in terms of rhythm :yuck:
 
Love the track and car. Looking forward to this later tonight.
 
this is too much for me. @ # $% $ Red Bulls.
 
Yeeeeeeeees! I am waiting so long for this to happen. Thanks PD :D
 
cant cyber-BoB do this for me ... please.

I do not even own a RB Fancar by now ...

maybe i should try this event.
the track is awsome but the car is a pita to me
 
I tried .... But I think it's a week takes the time to get him all the way to ride it out. Is not going to happen.:crazy:
 
I got just past half way on my third attempt. I have no idea whether I would have completed the lap in less than the 5:25 for gold if I had not tagged the wrong curb.

I watched a video of the top time from last night (west coast USA) that was 4:52 and it looked like he was using a DS3. Either that or he was as erratic as I drive with a wheel :p

I tried La Sierra with the Tomahawk a few times. It's so hard not to want to punch it. I have yet to complete a lap with either car yet. I used the X2011 that I have which has 1,600 hp. I may try it with the X2014 that only has 1,100 hp in my current configuration.
 
I always wondered why we didn't get more fan car races, this one is super tricky and will have me retrying many times to get right.
 
I don't get it why the 2014 is less powerful than the others, which one is best for this challenge?
 
It seems like high downforce is the way to go. You get more drag, but the faster cornering speed is worth more.

Beware of turning too soon. I hit a lot of apex kerbs before I managed to get rid of that bad habit.
 
I think this is really a missed opportunity of PD. Had a 650 pp challenge of it and it had been much nicer.
 
Back