• Thread starter CAMikaze
  • 284 comments

CAMikaze

For Japan and Racing Miku. ^_~
Premium
Japan
@ Suzuka Circuit in GSR Spirit. ^_~
GTP_CAMikaze
I thought these would be a good way to kick off this thread... ;)

And here's a reminder of what happened last year...

As you may know, Ed Carpenter won Pole Position earlier today with a 4 lap average of 231.067 MPH and became the 11th person to win pole position in back-to-back years. Can he convert this into a win next Sunday afternoon?

Can Helio Castroneves become the 4th driver to win 4 Indy 500's in his career? Or can Tony Kannan become the first driver since Al Unser Sr. in 1970 and 1971 to get back-to-back Indy 500 victories? Can the Mayor of Hinchtown(James Hinchcliffe) become the mayor of the racetrack located in the appropriately named town of Speedway, Indiana? Can Simon Pagenaud pull off the feat of winning both the GP and the 500 in the same year? Can either JR Hildebrand or Takuma Sato turn their recent near misses into a trip to Victory Lane this year? Can Will Power reassert his early season dominance?
2014 Indy 500 Starting Grid: http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/indy500/eventinfo/52635/

Timing and Scoring with Audio Streaming: http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

Spotters Guide: http://digbza2f4g9qo.cloudfront.net...-spotterguide-race.pdf?vs=1&d=20140523T112500

Last year's race had a record number of lead changes. Will we see a similar race or one with more intense competition?​

Last edited:
I know for a fact from talking to him that @ranhammerR34 will be attending the race. :) IIRC, he plans to be on the Spectator Mound in the Turn 3 Infield to watch the race.

I just found out earlier today that I'm going. My mom works at the Indy Zoo and won two free tickets and me and a friend (whom I haven't seen in a while) are going to go. No idea where the seats are, but I heard they're pretty good ones.

I just found out earlier today that I'm going. My mom works at the Indy Zoo and won two free tickets and me and a friend (whom I haven't seen in a while) are going to go. No idea where the seats are, but I heard they're pretty good ones.

Glad that you got so lucky, have fun 👍

Chase Austin suffered a fractured left wrist from his crash in the Indy Lights race. Surprised, and relieved, it wasn't worse considering the car went into/through the tires and into the wall behind them.

From that onboard he was so focused on the saving it he forgot to take his hands off the wheel.Tires and safer wall 👍👍

I was at work while the race was on. Anyone have anything as to how many cars were involved in that wreck and how many were running at the finish? I remember hearing about a wreck at the start of a Indy 500 one year that involved 11 cars.:eek:

Well this sucks, my comp charger is dead and I may barely get to watch all of the 500 with it at 75% charge, I guess I'll be missing the Coke 600

Not on " network " tv here he means.
Which is poor because it HAD been shown live for the last 15 years or so.
First 500 i ever sat through was 1988 , was shown on replay late on a monday night here ( early monday us time )

I'm watching on " cable " tv here ( speed )

3 Australians in the field & no coverage on TV here :banghead:

F:censored:G tight ass tv networks :mad:
I imagine you'll be going to a few races soon holding a sign that says "Australian TV Networks: Unfair to Australian Indy 500/IndyCar Fans"?

Add-it to avoid Double Posting

FACT: Dario's 3 Indy 500 wins were all behind the Safety Car. Today, he'll be driving the Safety Car

Back