99 V8 Vantage PP/Weight Glitch

  • Thread starter Thread starter grog
  • 37 comments
  • 5,300 views
Messages
1,238
United States
Humboldt / CA
Messages
GT-R_HumboldtEF
So I just modded a 99 V8 Vantage and there's a bit of a glitch with weight reductions.

At the Stock weight I had 578 points, stage 1 weight reduction reduced it to 575 and by stage 3 is was down to 573. That cant be right no matter how bad a car may handle, reducing the cars weight should always increase the PP's. This is the only time I've seen a weight reduction lower the PP's.
Now just to confirm this I checked out what happens when you add balast, and sure enough as you add weight you gain PP. 200 KG balast raised the PP by 9 points


EDIT: it looks like all of the mods work this way for this car, all of the mods reduce the PP's as performance increases.

You can also play with the power limiter and as you lower it the power the PP raise peaking at 84.5%, below that the begins to fall. I should note that torque stays quite high as the HP fall at 84.5 % which could explain this a bit, but it doesnt explain the weight discrepency.

I also found a similar car to compare it too (modded viper) its around 610 PP while the Aston has 563.
A car with similar PP's to the aston is the Viper gtsr concept (it has 558), but it only has 522 HP instead of 970HP, both cars weigh around 1480 KG.
So it seems like a pretty big difference in performance for the same or similar amount of points.
 
Last edited:
I think they made it that way because without the weight with that car it won't accelerate... Excessive tire spin.

There was just a post about how the speed 12 and Toyota 7 both lose pp with upgraded turbos. For the same reason. Turbo lag and tire spin/uncontrollability.
 
Maybe the weight reduction changed the weight distribution to be less favorable?
 
I think they made it that way because without the weight with that car it won't accelerate... Excessive tire spin.

There was just a post about how the speed 12 and Toyota 7 both lose pp with upgraded turbos. For the same reason. Turbo lag and tire spin/uncontrollability.

this sounds like a factory full of high grade baloney to me :dopey:
 
I think they made it that way because without the weight with that car it won't accelerate... Excessive tire spin.

There was just a post about how the speed 12 and Toyota 7 both lose pp with upgraded turbos. For the same reason. Turbo lag and tire spin/uncontrollability.

Well I've seen the turbo discrepencies, Which comes down to having gobbs more torque with stage 2 turbos, not a loss of grip. Changing the PP to account for lack of grip is kind of far fetched, for me.

All of these mods for the Vantage increase torque and HP evenly so its not that.
 
Is it faster with or without the power limiter?
 
I think they made it that way because without the weight with that car it won't accelerate... Excessive tire spin.

Except for if TCS is on, the tires wont spin...
 
It is because they keep updating/changing pp #'s to be closer to each other and such.

The Speed 12 used to have 765 and one day I log on and its at 667.

Also, once it is updated in your garage and you put mods on it, the PP goes up not down.
 
It is because they keep updating/changing pp #'s to be closer to each other and such.

The Speed 12 used to have 765 and one day I log on and its at 667.

Also, once it is updated in your garage and you put mods on it, the PP goes up not down.

The updating that you are reffering to is to eliminate tyre composition from the PP equation. Thats why it would suddenly drop when you view it...
 
I bet you could put down better lap times in a slightly tuned vantage over a fully tuned fully lightened vantage. The car is a boat anchor. The pp is showing that. Let your bob run it both ways.
 
This is another thread

After not seeing this for the two months I have been playing the game I have now seen this 3 times in the same day with new cars I have got, can anyone who has a:

Toyota 7 Race Car 70
Cerbera Speed 12 00
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP 10

confirm that they do have more pp without the High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Thanks again
 
To address the post above, that has everything to do with Torque, go check how the torque changes. tiny cars work this way too, I fully understand why a stage 3 turbo can lower the PP but I have now idea why the aston's rating is determined, I fairly certain its a mistake.
As for the main topic Torque doesnt facter in here as it doesn't change in the aston.

Is it faster with or without the power limiter?

Alright I just did some testing at daytona to get consistent laps, same suspension and gearing setup for all runs. I ran a few laps for each to make sure I was consistent.

With the max PP added 200kg balast (1687 kg) and reduced power 91.7%(889 HP 922 ft-lbs) for a total of 581 PP, 212 MPH 43.223 lap.

No balast (1487 kg) and reduced power 91.7% (889 HP 922 ft-lbs), for a total of 576 PP, 213 MPH 42.988 lap.

Max power (970 HP 922 ft-lbs) no balast (1487 kg) for a total of 563 PP, 213 MPH 42.845.

So it is faster with max power.
 
Last edited:
The X2010 has the same thing when you descrease the power. You gain about 6 PP (I think) by putting the power to around 91%.
 
The updating that you are reffering to is to eliminate tyre composition from the PP equation. Thats why it would suddenly drop when you view it...
PD have updated the PP numbers for cars in addition to removing tires from the equation.
 
I can only speak about this in regard to the 908 fap

The mid range turbo yields the highest PP and it has to be because of the torque. There's like 200 or so more torque with that turbo on.
 
It is because they keep updating/changing pp #'s to be closer to each other and such.

The Speed 12 used to have 765 and one day I log on and its at 667.

Also, once it is updated in your garage and you put mods on it, the PP goes up not down.

Always check in the rotating camera menu, the list menu seems to display incorrect information for some reason some times :\
 
Am I the only one that thinks this Vantage looks a whole lot like the Newer Model Mustang GT?
 
Am I the only one that thinks this Vantage looks a whole lot like the Newer Model Mustang GT?

They do both appear to have 4 wheels.
2011-Mustang-GT.jpg

Aston_Martin-V8_Vantage_1999_1024x768.jpg
 
Even tho they are both made by Ford?

No.

The V12 may technically be two Duratec 6's, and maybe the keyfobs will say Ford or Volvo underneath if you scratch the paint off...but no. Majority ownership =/= manuctured by.
 
This is another thread

After not seeing this for the two months I have been playing the game I have now seen this 3 times in the same day with new cars I have got, can anyone who has a:

Toyota 7 Race Car 70
Cerbera Speed 12 00
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP 10

confirm that they do have more pp without the High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Thanks again

I have all three of these cars AND the vantage and none of their PP changes the wrong way for me.
 
No.

The V12 may technically be two Duratec 6's, and maybe the keyfobs will say Ford or Volvo underneath if you scratch the paint off...but no. Majority ownership =/= manuctured by.

What V12?
 
I believe this body style came out years before the Ford takeover.
^ What he said. The Virage was designed in the late 1980s. Ford didn't buy into Aston until 1991.

What V12?
I think he is referring the the V12 currently used in the Aston range. I don't know why he is, because the engine in the V8 Vantage is (obviously) a V8, but whatevs.
 
They do both appear to have 4 wheels.
2011-Mustang-GT.jpg

Aston_Martin-V8_Vantage_1999_1024x768.jpg

Lol I had no idea what a Jamel77 was talking about until I saw your pics.

Its funny that you posted those pics in the hops of demonstrating how nothing alike they are yet now that I've seen the two cars they are appear to me almost the same.
If the only place you can see a resemblance is the 4 wheels then you are either too close to the issue or just arent very observant.

Body style, shaping, doors, windows general stance curves etc are almost identical.

Maybe you just look at superifical stuff like grills and colours and badges.
 
xSNAKEx
Lol I had no idea what a Jamel77 was talking about until I saw your pics.

Its funny that you posted those pics in the hops of demonstrating how nothing alike they are yet now that I've seen the two cars they are appear to me almost the same.
If the only place you can see a resemblance is the 4 wheels then you are either too close to the issue or just arent very observant.

Body style, shaping, doors, windows general stance curves etc are almost identical.

Maybe you just look at superifical stuff like grills and colours and badges.

They do have a similar form factor, as in they're both sports coupes, but stylistically are quite different. The body lines, grilles, lights, etc. share few similarities.

For the record, percieving a dissimilarity between two objects does not make one less observant.
 
Lol I had no idea what a Jamel77 was talking about until I saw your pics.

Its funny that you posted those pics in the hops of demonstrating how nothing alike they are yet now that I've seen the two cars they are appear to me almost the same.
If the only place you can see a resemblance is the 4 wheels then you are either too close to the issue or just arent very observant.

Body style, shaping, doors, windows general stance curves etc are almost identical.

Maybe you just look at superifical stuff like grills and colours and badges.

They both have the same general "Sport Coupe" shape, but if that's all that is needed to make two cars look a like then by that measure everything on the road looks like something else and designers would be out of a job.

The headlights on the Mustang are quite distinctive, and the 2 round lights in the grill are very iconic "mustang" features. The hood on the GT has a bulge, unlike on the Vantage which has venting cut into it. The doors on the GT have sharp lines that look similar to the fake rear fender vents on the previous gen, while the Vantage as very smooth rounded doors.

Again, both have 2 doors, 4 wheels, and a coupe styling which gives the cars small rear quarter windows.

These are two more sport coupes with 4 wheels, 2 doors, and small, angular rear quarter windows. Do these also look similar?
2011+Cadillac+CTS-V+Coupe+is+angular,+unhinged+glory.jpg

BMW_Z4_M_Coupe-01.jpg


Perhaps we have very different views of "similar". If I see a glimpse of a 2011 mustang driving by I have little doubt that it's a 2011 mustang. I would never confuse a mustang of any vintage to be a Vantage unless the owner put on a Vantage body kit. At the extreme end of "similar" I could look at the current product line of Aston Martin, and at a quite drive-by glance it's quite difficult to tell if the car was a Vantage, V8 or V12, or a DB9 or a DBS, or a Virage.
 
Back