A car theme idea that could work.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smoke&Slide
  • 30 comments
  • 3,180 views
Messages
2,119
United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
Messages
FanofGT5
Or not, we will see.You know the photo of the yellow/black Camero Z/28, well what if we could decorate the background.We could apply car posters, signs, number plates/tags, classic rims, company names etc.These could be for each make/model.If not this could be applied to a garage, when storing/selling your car/s.Maybe PD could allow us to apply this, to an online garage.

S&S.
 
Last edited:
Like how you can transmogrify your Pod on LittleBigPlanet?



I think I sort of begin to understand what you're getting at, and it would add a certain level of personalisation to the game. I don't think I think it would drastically enhance the gameplay aspect, and as such I don't think I think it would be worth the bother for the developers.

Conversely, it would give me some degree of pleasure festooning my garage with a plethora of Toyota memorabilia while laughing as the cynics begin to laugh themselves at my bizarre creation. :crazy:
 
I guess so, never played LBP Accartoons.
 
Then you wouldn't know, would you?

In LittleBigPlanet, you are given a Pod that you access all the levels - and whatnot - from. You can customise your Pod however you feel, decorating it with stickers and... decorations.


Something like that, eh? :odd:
 
That would definately be interresting...

However I think we'll just get the garage with the few cars in it..

One moment while I find the video. :)

Edit: Here is the vid
[YOUTUBEHD]7KiSWJYltkw[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
Last edited:
Thats would be awesome,maybe you would get new items by winning races and championships.

Like a poster of the nürburgring after winning the 24h race or a trophy for each race you win, so you can have a trophy collection in your garage.
 
Yeah that idea would be cool, Opladener.Nice vid DrummingKing, thank you.
 
I love the idea of having the background as a display case of your cars and awards that you've won from events. I really prefer that over a calendar and some pretty scenery like in GT5:P
 
Could have illuminated manufacturers names, radiator grills, badges, car related statues, hub caps etc.In a run down garage, parts could be strewn everywhere.The scenery is great for taking piccies.
 
A nice detail to have a throphy cabinet or even car-related paraphernalia like old fuel pumps or vintage car brand dealer signs in your digital garage.
A bit like this ( or something a bit more vintage or more modern looking or at least a bit more modest ), would be nice to decide yourself how it could look.:)

9826438.jpg
 
^Jay Lenos garage?
 
That's what i'm talking about analog.Without the bling, just an old fashioned mechanic/engineers workshop/museum type place.
 
I'm imagining the PD team running around now saying "aaahhhh licence nightmares noooooo" in Japanese accent.
 
I'm imagining the PD team running around now saying "aaahhhh licence nightmares noooooo" in Japanese accent.

Well they ofcourse have to limit these signs for the manufacturers included in GT5.
 
They can i guess apart from using other names, could have old sponsorships, like Silk Cut, JPS, Goodyear, Michelin, Dunlop, Brembo, AP Racing & all that.
 
They could i guess apart from other names, can use old sponsorships, like Silk Cut, JPS, Goodyear, Michelin, Dunlop, Brembo, AP Racing & all that.

Yes anything they have permission to use which is a lot if you add all those names and maybe even the old logos these brands don´t use anymore for a more vintage look.
 
Bad place to put this, however i have an idea for the menu system.Not like GT5P, the same as GT3 with a drop down menu, to pick each variety of each model.This can include the race cars too.Also maybe with camera controls.Probably best used with photo mode/garage etc.
 
Yeah, it'd be sweet if your cars were stored in a virtual garage that you could customise with posters and stuff, like in Auto Modellista! :D

ps2automodellista_790screen005.jpg
 
Yeah, it'd be sweet if your cars were stored in a virtual garage that you could customise with posters and stuff, like in Auto Modellista! :D

ps2automodellista_790screen005.jpg

Yeah like that dude yeah.I should've opened a poll on this.
 
I love the idea of having the background as a display case of your cars and awards that you've won from events. I really prefer that over a calendar and some pretty scenery like in GT5:P

This would be a nice touch. It could work in a way similar to GT4, when your animated driver got more patches/badges on his suit as you gained A-Spec points.
 
Nice. My garage was crammed with stuff last time I looked in it, so i have no idea what I have in there.
Anyway, I would like to see it, but I'm adding it on the list of wanted GT5 stuff.
 
Instead of a track editor, what about a building editor.Build huge museums, garages etc in great style eh ?.
 
Yeah, it'd be sweet if your cars were stored in a virtual garage that you could customise with posters and stuff, like in Auto Modellista! :D

ps2automodellista_790screen005.jpg


OMG my eyes noooooo.... they burn ahhhh :scared:
 
I didn't mean with that style of graphics Killa Aaron :dopey::).
 
i loved the style of that game brings back some memories :)
 
Yeah, it'd be sweet if your cars were stored in a virtual garage that you could customise with posters and stuff, like in Auto Modellista! :D

ps2automodellista_790screen005.jpg

Awww I wanted to mention Auto Modellista. Either way I loved tinkering with my garage in that game. :)
 
Back