A different 908 787b question!

  • Thread starter Thread starter shoeface33
  • 35 comments
  • 2,040 views
Messages
523
Messages
shoeface33
Im interested in buying both new. However. I cant be bothered right now to grind up loooooads to buy both (9.2 mill i think) currently on 3.4 mill

My question is: i know both cars are very good but is the 787b worth the extra 1.2 mill?

I have a few other lm cars (minolta 908 v12 lmr) so im wondering if the 908 may be a better choice just coz its difernet to what i have. But the 787b is apparently better

HELP!!
 
Im interested in buying both new. However. I cant be bothered right now to grind up loooooads to buy both (9.2 mill i think) currently on 3.4 mill

My question is: i know both cars are very good but is the 787b worth the extra 1.2 mill?

I have a few other lm cars (minolta 908 v12 lmr) so im wondering if the 908 may be a better choice just coz its difernet to what i have. But the 787b is apparently better

HELP!!
In my opinion it is worth it but its hard to control :(
 
The other option is the sauber C9 in the OCD =/
 
Haven't driven the 787 but I can tell you the 908 is one of my favorites! Smooth as butter, just sails around the track!
 
I have both the 787b and the 908, and I give the edge to the 787b. Without aftermarket parts, it'll do 245 mph on SSR7 and 261 mph in the draft.

I've never tested my 908, but compared to the 787b, the handling is slightly better, but man do you not need trigger happiness syndrome out of corners. I didn't modify either car. The 787b naturally has 831 bhp. The 908 only has 710 hp.
 
I think i may spend the extra half an hour or so and get the 787b

Plus apparently the noise is ear porn :p
 
yes its the coolest sounding car i have.
 
but the 908 looks Sooo good, probably my favorite race car.
 
The Peugeot 908 is my favorite out of the two (tuned 922Hp. @ 930Kg.) The Juguar XJR-9LM is sweet too (tuned: 975 Hp. @ 894 Kg.) If you don't have a McLaren F1 yet, get one!! only 1Mil. NCD, (tuned: 856Hp. @ 970Kg.)
 
Sauber C9 is such a classic, i think that investing on him is cool.

But i spent my credits (5mil) in the FGT. =D
 
I assume you already have the FREE Minolta, which can beat them both if tuned. Yeah yeah yeah, the motor sounds great, but you're going to put the adjustable tranny on them anyway and they all sound pretty much the same then. If you are nostalgic and don't, please race me online--the extra $ are appreciated!

PS: win "like The Wind" in extreme with your ZR-1 RM Vette to get the Minolta. What? You don't have the Vette?
 
PS: win "like The Wind" in extreme with your ZR-1 RM Vette to get the Minolta. What? You don't have the Vette?

Is that why I like the ZR-1 RM so much! Didn't know it could do that!
 
the 787b is worth every penny - specially if you tune it and put racing softs on it
 
Alteady have the vette and the minolta. And a mclaren F1 :p
Im going after a 1988 bday ticket now so i can get the jag 👍 just got a level 24. Ticket of someone so i should be able to get one
 
Buy them both.
 
I've got a 787B and can share it if u want.
 
Im interested in buying both new. However. I cant be bothered right now to grind up loooooads to buy both (9.2 mill i think) currently on 3.4 mill

My question is: i know both cars are very good but is the 787b worth the extra 1.2 mill?

I have a few other lm cars (minolta 908 v12 lmr) so im wondering if the 908 may be a better choice just coz its difernet to what i have. But the 787b is apparently better

HELP!!

Whats different to this question as opposed to all the other 908 verses 787 questions ?. Just grind and buy both. 👍
 
Last edited:
Its different coz i wanted to know which was best value for money. Not just which is best
 
908 is better value for the money. The 908 has more power when adding stage 3 turbo to each.
 
Best value for the money is the Audi R8 Race Car '01. I hope you come across one. :)
 
regarding this: C9>908>787B. but i'm not sure what criteria you ranked these on... speed? handling? general love?

C9 is not an easy car to drive, but it's fast as hell.

in terms of driveability, would you rank them same as above? i have had to tune down my C9 just to get natural with it, but i'm on a DS3. holding out for both the 908 and 787B still.
 
I have the C9 and 787B if anyone would like to borrow them.
 
both cars are great, but you could save your money by completing the AMG driving school intermediate challenge. get gold in all events, and you get the 98' CLK-LM (GTR). that car is sick, and you have all your money for other stuff. just sayin...
 
You could try getting the 908 from a 1000 ticket so you can buy the 787B and have both :)
 
I don't have the 908 but I got the 787B and others in the LeMans class. The 787B is very good as are all the LM cars. I prefer the Toyota One myself. Get the 787B!
 
its worth that extra 1.2mil just to hear it
 
Just a tip to the OP: Save yourself the $$!! You can can Bday gift yourself all of the above mentioned cars.

1991 787b
2010 908
1989 C9

The 787b was the hardest for me to bday gift. Maybee 20 tries. I usually get the C9 and 908 with 10 tries.

Btw, the C9 sets the fastest lap times for me out of that group.

Happy Birthday!!!
 
Back