a e-mail to sony

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJ REX
  • 56 comments
  • 2,666 views
Messages
19
đź’ˇ this is a e-mail i want to send sony does this fly with you guys if so can we all do this ?,,,,,,,, if not tell me. thanks...............................

Dear Sony

have you guys looked and seen how mad you are making people on the Gran Turismo 4 Release Date deal... you might want to check out www.gtplanet.net. people are now talking about that Xbox game Forza and selling the ps2's for Xboxes.I mean hell its not like ps2's other titles are not out on pc. you know it ,I know it, hell we all know it, so we don't need the ps2 for the other games,there on pc! or crossed over to both consoles. if you haven't seen this web page YOU NEED TO... if you have then you are personally insulting us by sitting back and not responding like Microsoft does when Xboxers have problems. it IS a fact in marketing that when a company sees its self as being big enough that he or she assumes that he or she can string the customer around for lager profit not necessity, more times than not another company WILL step up and provide for the customer."as case here",,, we are! Gran Turismo fanatics but this is to much. no matter who's to blame, Kazunori Yamauchi, Polyphony,or just Sony Computer Entertainment. Sony/Playstation is the name WE ALL KNOW! this "push the date back" game has happened with GT 1,2,3 and now 4 all just around Christmas and we will soon have a new face in the mix...online vs. no online, years of push backs vs. a few push backs. the ball is! in your court and you do! hold the key for the success of Gran Turismo,,,, BUT this web site shows that multiple continents and countries are fed-up and begging for someone to step up......in closing I will be sending this to most contacts at Sony and forwarding to Microsoft so they see how we feel


Sincerely,
deleted my real name for here but i will send it to sony and microsoft đź’ˇ
 
What's the point? The email won't speed up the process at all... it isn't going to make the game come out any faster. The companies are already well aware of what the delays do in regards to PR, they don't need a reminder. In fact, I doubt the email would even be read.. one of the customer service reps would read about two lines and delete it. You'd be lucky to recieve a "Thanks for your input" response.

You could also learn a thing or two about grammar and tact.. if the letter were worded more professionally, it would greatly increase the chances of your getting a response. But the end result would be the same: Absolutely nothing. The letter will change NOTHING. Sony and PD aren't going to rush the game to market just because of couple of fanboys are pissing and moaning about the release date. The game's just over a month away, RELAX.
 
👎 Well Im certainly unimpressed and I doubt Sony or even MS will care all that much.
Steps are being taken to launch the game and unfortuantely some regions are going to take longer then others. Really sucks there isnt a standard language for the entire planet huh?
I also havent noticed this mass exodus of PS2 owners flocking to the Xbox simply becuase GT4 is coming out in December or later especially since Forza wont be out until well after GT4 releases in all regions. Really doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Also the comment about the PS2 titles being on the PC is just pure bull. Only a fraction of the PS2 library is available on PC let alone other consoles so that argument isnt going to hold anything to Sony.
Your letter really just comes across as unthought out and angry, nothing more and will serve nothing to make the game get here any sooner. Your better off just being patient and not sending it.
 
Wow, please fix that grammar first!
 
Sony/Microsoft don't care what some punk kid who can't spell has to say about a game that is going to make them millions regardless of when they release it.

Period.

Guess what? EVERY SINGLE VIDEO GAME EVER PRODUCED IN THE PAST 5 YEARS HAS HAD IT'S RELEASE DATE CHANGED AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER.
 
The359
Sony/Microsoft don't care what some punk kid who can't spell has to say about a game that is going to make them millions regardless of when they release it.

Period.

Guess what? EVERY SINGLE VIDEO GAME EVER PRODUCED IN THE PAST 5 YEARS HAS HAD IT'S RELEASE DATE CHANGED AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER.
aint dat da truth. :rolleyes:
 
I've sent a mail already.

If you don't speak out your opinion, they certainly will be unimpressed.

Make it a little shorter and send it. ;)
 
Fixing up the grammar, spelling and punctuation as well as being more to the point as opposed to a long ramble will certainly get you more attention.
 
I still don't get why you're al so uptight about it ... what if PD is sticking more tracks, cars, modes, etc in?

And Sony have no control whatsoever over PD and cannot make them release GT4 any faster. So you're e-mail will do, at best, nothing (and what on Earth will Microsoft have to do with it).

And I think a lot of users might be slightly annoyed (I am) that you dragged us into this, what with the gtplanet reference, which is untrue as there's only been a select few that have been whinging.

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again:
What would you prefer, an incomplete GT4 loaded with glitches now, or a finished version that's not loaded with bugs later?
I know for sure what I want ...
 
Do you race?
I still don't get why you're al so uptight about it ... what if PD is sticking more tracks, cars, modes, etc in?

And Sony have no control whatsoever over PD and cannot make them release GT4 any faster. So you're e-mail will do, at best, nothing (and what on Earth will Microsoft have to do with it).

And I think a lot of users might be slightly annoyed (I am) that you dragged us into this, what with the gtplanet reference, which is untrue as there's only been a select few that have been whinging.

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again:
What would you prefer, an incomplete GT4 loaded with glitches now, or a finished version that's not loaded with bugs later?
I know for sure what I want ...

Since when did the delay become about being incomplete or ironing out Glitches and bugs, and certainley dont expect to see to much in the way of extra cars tracks and modes in over our NTSC cousins.
 
is it possible that online mode will ship with our pal release do u think ?

just a thought guyz
 
Do you race?
And I think a lot of users might be slightly annoyed (I am) that you dragged us into this, what with the gtplanet reference, which is untrue as there's only been a select few that have been whinging.
QUOTE]

Very true, I may be unhappy that GT4 has been delayed; but not as unhappy as I am that as a regular user of GTP I am now associated with a grammatically inept and rambling letter.

A few words of advice from someone who has produced a lot of written material (I have authored over 50 training courses within the motor industry, including a courses on letter writing and complaint handling).

1. Word has both a spell checker and a grammar tool, use them. It takes a few seconds to copy and paste from a post or e-mail, but the improvement will be huge.

2. If you are p**sed off and wish to write a letter of complaint, then please do. But print it out and leave it a day before you send it. Read your letter (in print, not on screen), I promise you will want to make changes and will spot errors, inconsistencies and a lot more. Then change it and send a well-written, well-composed and coherent letter.

3. Be very careful about claiming to write on behalf of others, and get approval before you do.


A number of people on this forum have stated how unhappy they are at the delay (myself included). However a number have made comments about how Sony and/or PD are inept and lack the ability to project manage, saying how this should all have been taken care of and planned for.

Of these people I do wonder how many have in-depth experience of project managing the development, design, production, marketing and distribution of a global product. At a rough guess, I would say about zero; and if anyone does have this level of experience, don't sit in here whining, get your CV to PD and Sony.

It has been said (not in this thread) that the localisation to thirteen languages should not delay the release in PAL regions. Again I would ask how many people have experience in the translation of material for release, because on this one I do.

In a previous role I had to get French training manuals translated to English (two languages not thirteen), this could only ever be done once the manual had been fully written and proof read. Then I could get it translated; once done it almost always had to be proof-read, re-written and proof read again before being signed off for use. Now the time scale for thirteen languages and 500+ cars, manuals, menus, etc is going to be fairly large, particularly if cars are being added right up to the last minute.

I can understand why people are upset about this, but please do remember that most of the release dates that have appeared in the past have been speculation from web-sites, retail outlets, etc. Blaming Sony and PD for not meeting someone elseÂ’s best guess at a release date is unrealistic.
 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Yes, please send the email. I'm almost in tears.
 
GTXLR
Since when did the delay become about being incomplete or ironing out Glitches and bugs, and certainley dont expect to see to much in the way of extra cars tracks and modes in over our NTSC cousins.
It was just an example and a possible reason for the delay. And Scaff, I don't think anyone has a right to be upset over any delays.
 
Dear Sony,

I have a problem, and it's all your fault. I have no life. I should have a life, playing GT4, but since you haven't released it yet, I have no life. So, instead of doing something good or decent with my life, I'm sending this letter of my personal fellings to you. Fellings of how much I hate you, because you haven't yet released GT4. Don't you realize how much you've wronged me! Shame on you!

You are poop.

Sincerely,

Mr. Pathetic Loser.
 
LOL!

SL, somehow you put your finger on it far better than the last letter ...
 
Scrap this e-mail, and send one asking for a car list you'll get better results.
 
If I was sony, I'd have my spam filter set on GT4 ;)

The email was a waste of time, and after reading it, it's pretty crap.
 
If you realy want to get their attention title the e-mail 'there is a bomb in the building!'
Then apoligise and get on with your topic.
On the off side you could get the FBI/Interpol's attention aswell. :lol:

[EDIT] 2000 post! :cheers:
 
Well, solidarity never was a strong point in this forum ... 👎
 
But what you are doing is patriotic, but is not likely to make any difference at all.
 
Stupid email...
They wouldn't care about it.
 
God, this is annoying. What's next? Are you going to form a mob and protest the release date infront of the PD building or something? Screw the letter and wait. We've waited this long already, it's only just a little over a month away, for North America anyway...(lol)... :dunce:
 
As much as I'd like the US release to come out (as hopefully I'll get a copy of it) on time I'd also find it incredibly funny if it was delayed & some of the people preaching how it doesn't matter come on the forums & start crying :lol:
 
It's just a video game. If Sony completely cancels the project and the game is never released, I will live.
 
Look kids
I was just asking I did not know that was the wrong thing to do on a forum. Plus this attitude with children here is disgusting and its been a problem since the first day I started posting here. If you see a problem with something I write then why don't you help rather than be so damn negative. One of the moderators can just go ahead and delete this and my name and account you guys are so full of bull****,hate and so quick on the gun to talk down on people when you to have faults also, you seem to think you do not, but you do, god made us that way. I cant even tell my kids to come here for help cause I don't know how they will be treated.....thank you Der Alta and the few "that you can count on one hand" that have shown help, respect and an adults attitude....


please delete my account
:confused: Dj Rex
 
That was a pretty weak letter.

If you want to be taken seriously, take it seriously. Don't go pointing fingers and naming names, it makes you look like a whiner. Also, don't use the word "HELL" or other offensive words, they'll just laugh at you. You have to be constructive and not just "say things" like "They'll sell their PS2 for XBOX's!! You peanut eating monkey bags!!" They don't care, they had a PS2 to begin with so they already made their profit, they don't care WHAT you do with it next. So if your seriously gonna write a letter, do it in a more professional manner or they'll just trade your letter in for a microsoft funded one.

PS: don't take anything serious on the internet. The majority of people are going to be pricks, just learn to adjust.
 
Back