a e-mail to sony

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJ REX
  • 56 comments
  • 2,665 views
DJ REX
Look kids
I was just asking I did not know that was the wrong thing to do on a forum. Plus this attitude with children here is disgusting and its been a problem since the first day I started posting here. If you see a problem with something I write then why don't you help rather than be so damn negative. One of the moderators can just go ahead and delete this and my name and account you guys are so full of bull****,hate and so quick on the gun to talk down on people when you to have faults also, you seem to think you do not, but you do, god made us that way. I cant even tell my kids to come here for help cause I don't know how they will be treated.....thank you Der Alta and the few "that you can count on one hand" that have shown help, respect and an adults attitude....


please delete my account
:confused: Dj Rex

An adult wouldn't have shot off a letter like that without thinking. Thanks for the insults though, we all know that it was our fault that you made an attempt to whine to a video game company 👍
 
Post it over at GTNumbers and then come back and post what they say here, i could do with another laugh. Calling everyone here kids and children when you're obviously about 12 yourself is pathetic. Not nearly as pathetic as your letter though. Don't degrade yourself further by sending it. You'll only get an automated responce from them anyhoo...

Or in the words of Klos: Ah forget, just send it.
 
donbenni
Post it over at GTNumbers and then come back and post what they say here, i could do with another laugh. Calling everyone here kids and children when you're obviously about 12 yourself is pathetic. Not nearly as pathetic as your letter though. Don't degrade yourself further by sending it. You'll only get an automated responce from them anyhoo...

Or in the words of Klos: Ah forget, just send it.



He's 28 not 12.
 
The odd thing about that is the letter is not worded as if it was coming from someone who's 28 years old. As I'm 28 myself, I speak from experience. A letter to a major corporation should be worded as such, and should not be just a mindless rant about "waa waa waa my game's not here yet, you suck!" I recently sent an email to Wal-Mart concerning some product questions, and recieved a response later that day that they were going to research the problem and get back to me. Even though I'm certain mine is not the only email they've recieved on the subject, but it was worded in such a way as to get their attention rather than simply complaining or asking stupid questions.

There are several things to consider when writing a letter like this. First off, is WHY... why are you writing the letter, and what do you hope to accomplish with it? This particular letter to Sony serves no purpose whatsoever except to complain. In the trash can it goes. Secondly, and I'll repeat myself again here... you're writing to a major, multi-billion dollar corporation. It should be worded as such. Companies don't pay attention to whiny kids, and regardless of how old the writer of this letter is, it sounds like it's coming from a whiny kid. The customer service reps, if they don't outright delete it, will probably print it out and post it on the bulletin board for "Screwy Letter of the Day" or some such. But it certainly won't catch the attention of the management, and it certainly won't accomplish anything.

There's nothing wrong with posting a letter here for feedback, but be prepared to accept any and all feedback about it. In this case, the letter is poorly written and serves no discernable purpose. Had it been a professionally-written letter with an actual purpose, or asking genuine questions of the company, we probably would have been behind you. But as it is, it sounds like it was written by a whiny kid.
 
The Jedi is a wise one. PhatFat should pay attention. I said he is 'obviously about 12'. If you believe for one minute that everyone's ages on this forum and indeed any piece of user submitted information on this world wide web is correct then you are deluded. From what i've seen from DJ REX I stand by my statement. He's obviously about 12.
 
The359
It's just a video game. If Sony completely cancels the project and the game is never released, I will live.

So you wouldn't feel the least bit dissapointed that you had devoted time to creating a car list for such a game?
 
Well, we know that's not going to happen.. Sony's dumped way too much money into this to let it drop, especially when it's so close to being (finally) finished. It's just a question of when. While I may be frustrated by any further delays (if there are any), I know there's nothing I can do to change it, so I just accept it and move on.. keep myself occupied with other things until the game comes out.
 
First, I'd like to say that Rex is right about the attitude on this forum, its growing even worst as the release date approaches.

Now, about the letter, i can't say its a bad idea to send a letter to a co. like Sony... but from experience at work, we receive those letters a whole lot, and it doesn't do any good. about 99% of the letters have more grammar or spelling errors then 12years old from school, and their subjects are usually aggressive and wrong. And the rest usually goes by some subjective little taste about changing something for their own purpose. That's just wrong and goes to the trash can right away.

Now the problem with GT4 being delayed (PAL) is simple. Its not the software, its the bloody Localisation and CD making process. Translation of Text is very complex, and usually, the companies who take more time doing it should be appraised rather then spit on... My co. doesn't give a **** about proper translations... so there are a lot of mistakes that slip, given the game a very bad time in a quarter of the world. As for the CDs... (DvDs mind you), the process is extremely long, unfortunatly. Its even worst with DvDs then it was with CDs.

I'm sorry that the game will take more time the expected, but i believe its for the better of the game itself, and its quality.
 
T5-R
So you wouldn't feel the least bit dissapointed that you had devoted time to creating a car list for such a game?

It's for fun.
 
I know alot of people are impatient with PD because of the fact that we have been waiting for such a long time, but I don't want another rushed version of GT2. That game had so many bugs in it that it should have been sold as a beta version. I don't want GT4 to have bugs!! .. Don't get me wrong though I want it to come out a soon as possible, but not at the expense of having a buggy game.
Instead maybe you should write a letter to Sony asking why the PS3 isn't out yet, those games are going to be light years ahead of the games on PS2 ... Oh wait .. THEY AREN'T DONE YET!!! The same thing applys to GT4.
 
the letter... i don't think it's gonna change the realese date, but it maybe worth a try.
hey, if it works, hurray, you just became our hero.
 
after seening the title of the thread.... Well... My hopes weren't high.
 
"dear sony (boo hoo hoo)

You big meanies, release GT4 or or or...ummm I WONT BUY GT4, and uhh ILL BUY AND XBOX!!! YEAH!!! THATS RIGHT, you won't mess with me again, I'll show you!!! (boo hoo)
"

*this is sony not caring*
 
Maybe a better email would be.
I am a huge GT fan. Please send me and every other person at GTPlanet a Pal copy of GT4 so we can correct the English translation for you.
 
Uncle Harry
Maybe a better email would be.
I am a huge GT fan. Please send me and every other person at GTPlanet a Pal copy of GT4 so we can correct the English translation for you.
:) Good idea.
 
Dear Sony

have you guys looked and seen how mad you are making people on the Gran Turismo 4 Release Date deal... you might want to check out www.gtplanet.net. people are now talking about that Xbox game Forza and selling the ps2's for Xboxes.I mean hell its not like ps2's other titles are not out on pc. you know it ,I know it, hell we all know it, so we don't need the ps2 for the other games,there on pc! or crossed over to both consoles. if you haven't seen this web page YOU NEED TO... if you have then you are personally insulting us by sitting back and not responding like Microsoft does when Xboxers have problems. it IS a fact in marketing that when a company sees its self as being big enough that he or she assumes that he or she can string the customer around for lager profit not necessity, more times than not another company WILL step up and provide for the customer."as case here",,, we are! Gran Turismo fanatics but this is to much. no matter who's to blame, Kazunori Yamauchi, Polyphony,or just Sony Computer Entertainment. Sony/Playstation is the name WE ALL KNOW! this "push the date back" game has happened with GT 1,2,3 and now 4 all just around Christmas and we will soon have a new face in the mix...online vs. no online, years of push backs vs. a few push backs. the ball is! in your court and you do! hold the key for the success of Gran Turismo,,,, BUT this web site shows that multiple continents and countries are fed-up and begging for someone to step up......in closing I will be sending this to most contacts at Sony and forwarding to Microsoft so they see how we feel

You wonder why people have taken umbrage and offence to your e-mail. You do not need Business Administration letter writing skills to improve upon this. It reads very unprofessionally and serves little purpose.

If you do really wish to express your concerns I'd word it as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam

I write with reference to the forthcoming release of Gran Turismo 4.

It has come to my attention that the PAL version of this game will be delayed until March 2005. I would like to express my concern and dissatisfaction regarding this, due to the fact that all press releases and interviews with both Sony and Polyphony Digital personnel had led me to believe that this game would be available in time for Christmas.

Whilst I understand that such release dates are not set in concrete, I am mindful of the fact that competition from a Microsoft product (namely Forza) could have adverse effects on the sale of this product. My main concern here is that many gamers will migrate to the xbox due to such delays.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me by return with your views on this matter.

Yours faithfully



A Person
 
The wording of the letter would be irrelevant if it was just one of many, which I think was his aim. If Sony received thousands of emails regarding this matter it is unlikely it would change the release date but it would show them that their consumers are unhappy with the way that they have been treated and, hopefully, would prompt them to change the way they deal with us in the future.
 
Uncle Harry
Maybe a better email would be.
I am a huge GT fan. Please send me and every other person at GTPlanet a Pal copy of GT4 so we can correct the English translation for you.

I don't want a PAL version. :(
 
I don't think that Sony and PD are delaying GT4 on purpose. If they don't release it, it won't make any money for either company. That is what they are in business for. They want to release the game when they feel that they are putting out the best product possible. I'd rather wait and have a great game than get it early with a lot of bugs in it. Also, remember how long it took before GT3 came out? The wait was well worth it in my opinion. For now, just do what I'm doing. Start another game of GT3 to calm the nerves.
 
DJ REX
💡 this is a e-mail i want to send sony does this fly with you guys if so can we all do this ?,,,,,,,, if not tell me. thanks...............................

Dear Sony

have you guys looked and seen how mad you are making people on the Gran Turismo 4 Release Date deal... you might want to check out www.gtplanet.net. people are now talking about that Xbox game Forza and selling the ps2's for Xboxes.I mean hell its not like ps2's other titles are not out on pc. you know it ,I know it, hell we all know it, so we don't need the ps2 for the other games,there on pc! or crossed over to both consoles. if you haven't seen this web page YOU NEED TO... if you have then you are personally insulting us by sitting back and not responding like Microsoft does when Xboxers have problems. it IS a fact in marketing that when a company sees its self as being big enough that he or she assumes that he or she can string the customer around for lager profit not necessity, more times than not another company WILL step up and provide for the customer."as case here",,, we are! Gran Turismo fanatics but this is to much. no matter who's to blame, Kazunori Yamauchi, Polyphony,or just Sony Computer Entertainment. Sony/Playstation is the name WE ALL KNOW! this "push the date back" game has happened with GT 1,2,3 and now 4 all just around Christmas and we will soon have a new face in the mix...online vs. no online, years of push backs vs. a few push backs. the ball is! in your court and you do! hold the key for the success of Gran Turismo,,,, BUT this web site shows that multiple continents and countries are fed-up and begging for someone to step up......in closing I will be sending this to most contacts at Sony and forwarding to Microsoft so they see how we feel


Sincerely,
deleted my real name for here but i will send it to sony and microsoft 💡
You honestly think any enterprise will take you seriously when you type like that? They'll probably print this letter, shrug it off and use it as toilet paper.

Oh, and Sony are probably thinking to themselves:

"Well, it's better to have a few punkarse teenage wannabe drifters annoyed at the delayed release than thousands of Gran Turismo enthusiants pissed off at us for releasing a sub-par racing game just to get it out quick enough to satisfy these few punkarse teenage wannabe drifters".
 
DJ REX
💡 this is a e-mail i want to send sony does this fly with you guys if so can we all do this ?,,,,,,,, if not tell me. thanks...............................

Dear Sony

have you guys looked and seen how mad you are making people on the Gran Turismo 4 Release Date deal... you might want to check out www.gtplanet.net. people are now talking about that Xbox game Forza and selling the ps2's for Xboxes.I mean hell its not like ps2's other titles are not out on pc. you know it ,I know it, hell we all know it, so we don't need the ps2 for the other games,there on pc! or crossed over to both consoles. if you haven't seen this web page YOU NEED TO... if you have then you are personally insulting us by sitting back and not responding like Microsoft does when Xboxers have problems. it IS a fact in marketing that when a company sees its self as being big enough that he or she assumes that he or she can string the customer around for lager profit not necessity, more times than not another company WILL step up and provide for the customer."as case here",,, we are! Gran Turismo fanatics but this is to much. no matter who's to blame, Kazunori Yamauchi, Polyphony,or just Sony Computer Entertainment. Sony/Playstation is the name WE ALL KNOW! this "push the date back" game has happened with GT 1,2,3 and now 4 all just around Christmas and we will soon have a new face in the mix...online vs. no online, years of push backs vs. a few push backs. the ball is! in your court and you do! hold the key for the success of Gran Turismo,,,, BUT this web site shows that multiple continents and countries are fed-up and begging for someone to step up......in closing I will be sending this to most contacts at Sony and forwarding to Microsoft so they see how we feel


Sincerely,
deleted my real name for here but i will send it to sony and microsoft 💡

I'm thinking a few things after wasting 45secs of my life reading this trash.

1) "You are a moron,,,,,!!!!"

2) What is you point? I've read this 2 times now and still don't get a shred of anything...

3) If you are going to write a letter addressed to Sony at least use real grammer, punctuation and drop the curse words. Maybe someone will take your inane blabber seriously then, otherwise it would be headed for the shredder (where it belongs anyway).
 
kensei
3) If you are going to write a letter addressed to Sony at least use real grammer, punctuation and drop the curse words. Maybe someone will take your inane blabber seriously then, otherwise it would be headed for the shredder (where it belonds anyway).

:ouch: Do you mean belongs rather than belonds by any chance? The irony is quite brilliant!!!
 
plfrench
:ouch: Do you mean belongs rather than belonds by any chance? The irony is quite brilliant!!!

Fixed...and what "irony" would that be?
 
:) Sorry it's just that you were having a go at DJ Rex about his grammar and then proceeded to make a spelling mistake yourself...

It must be the number of attacking threads on this site at the moment, it's contagious!

No offence meant.

Paul.
 
plfrench
:) Sorry it's just that you were having a go at DJ Rex about his grammar and then proceeded to make a spelling mistake yourself...

It must be the number of attacking threads on this site at the moment, it's contagious!

No offence meant.

Paul.

There is a difference between me hitting the wrong key and/or typing a letter meant to give one's opinion to a corporation that was obviously written quickly without any care to presentation.

I don't get this kids point but if you are going to write like this a letter at least take the time make it look professional, regardless of how pointless the message it contains is.
 
I would just like to say that it is quite an initiative to write a letter to Sony. Sure it might not help, but it at least shows that our gaming community doesn't like to be screwed over. In the end it is something all developers need to take into account, if they want to sell their games. This is really noticable in those massive multiplayer games, where you pay a contribution every month. A bad decision made by the developers really hits their wallets.
I think I will send my version of Caligula's letter. It makes things clearer in a shorter read.
 
Your letter will not be taken seriously due to the poor grammer, structure and punctuation. Using words such as "hell" in a letter is ridicolous no one will take you seriously.
If you are going to write a letter do it properly so it looks like you actually made a effort or dont bother, or if you do send someone like that they will probably put it where it belongs, in the bin.
 
Back