A fast Grip car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter funnytnt
  • 78 comments
  • 4,154 views
Last I checked, Praiano was in the top 100 of one of the recent Seasonals driving his own tune for this car...even though his tunes aren't fast (sarcasm):sly:

Some ma y like'em...for me... I can't get his to work for me...very tight setups if I recall., and I've tried quite a few....anyway...no biggie everyone has different driving styles,.. I went to many garages and by far...consistently Ridox Replica Garage is by far the best in here.

Its not just about the tune itself that sets him apart from the others. Its the time taken to go over in fine detail various aspects the tune...and how he got there...along with data from tracks tested on.

Look my hats off to all those tuners in here, its a hell of a job and a lot of hard work....thanks for sharing :cheers:

i like the LFA but its brakes are one of the worst out of every car ive driven in gt6

Have you uses the Nurburging LFA. I've had no issues... Actually outta the box...stock set up.. I thought it was one of the best cars out there.

The LFA is closer in performance to the newest Viper, still slower but close. For a 541/547PP machine.


IMO the LFA smokes the Viper...out of the box...run everything stock.. No MODS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
IMO the LFA smokes the Viper...out of the box...run everything stock.. No MODS
I do run all my machines stock. It's just that the '13 Viper is slightly faster, but the LFA has an advantage in predictability and handling, feels less front heavy due to the smaller, lighter V10. But the LFA is severely under PPed, both of the LFAs.
 
This guy YZF clearly isn't a fan of Praiano's tunes. In fact, he says that a default car from the dealership is better than using a tune from Praiano! LOL!!

Feel free to read the conversation YZF started in Praiano's Garage:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praiano-gt6-tunes-senna´s-lotus-97-t-85.291084/page-78

Now, I am fairly new to this community. I just got into the GT series with GT6 in December and I won't pretend to thinky that I know a whole heck of a lot about tuning. Because I have two functioning eyes and can read I have learned that Praiano is held in fairly high regard around GT Planet because most people seem to like his tunes. Is he the best? I don't know? Probably not. But to say that he doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing and that you're better off sticking with a stock setup seems rather foolish to me. Sure, there are going to be people who's driving style doesn't jive with a particular tune. That isn't to say that tune is bad. It just doesn't suit your driving style. Oh, and this guy YZF wouldn't offer up any samples of his great tuning ability...

Just thought you should know. Take everything you see with a grain of salt.

Well. I can tell you...that I've driven a lot of the tunes in here...100's...and of you punch enough of those numbers in....you will find a few where stock is better... I assure you.

I do run all my machines stock. It's just that the '13 Viper is slightly faster, but the LFA has an advantage in predictability and handling, feels less front heavy due to the smaller, lighter V10. But the LFA is severely under PPed, both of them.

Yeah...if you're in a straight line...top end..maybe... However... Stick the both of them on Nurburgring ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...if you're in a straight line...top end..maybe... However... Stick the both of them on Nurburgring ;)
1 second faster in favor of the Viper. Trust me, I did it.

Both LFAs top at 7:10.1. While the Viper puts down 7:09.
 
I'll say this:
YZF says praiano's tunes isn't the fastest for pure speed, and to some degree, that is true, because Praiano isn't turning "1 lap wonders". He is tuning cars for use in a race, hence more attention is payed to driveability and avoiding setups that can over exaggerate a minor mistake. A good race setup is more forgiving than a good time trial setup, because in a time trial setup, you dont care if the car is close to undriveable, if it makes the car faster by 0.001, that's the way its going to be, learn to drive it.

BUT... never, ever, has a Praiano tune been slower than stock. never.

I'd also like to adress @praiano63 in this matter.
 
1 second faster in favor of the Viper. Trust me, I did it.

Both LFAs top at 7:10.1. While the Viper puts down 7:09.

Well IMO the LFA Nurburgring is faster than the 10' LFA....as it should be. I not doubting your times...only saying that the Viper maybe tuned to your driving style rather than the LFA. I take the Viper around...and I am significantly slower than the LFA. I have both LFAs and there is a 2- 3 sec difference in my runs...
 
Well IMO the LFA Nurburgring is faster than the 10' LFA....as it should be. I not doubting your times...only saying that the Viper maybe tuned to your driving style rather than the LFA. I take the Viper around...and I am significantly slower than the LFA. I have both LFAs and there is a 2- 3 sec difference in my runs...
Viper was stock, all three machines used the same tires (SH) and were all stock. Also, the LFA is my favorite thing ever, and I can certainly drive one really fast in GT. Although those times are really old game version wise. I think they're back from 1.04.
 
et_
I'll say this:
YZF says praiano's tunes isn't the fastest for pure speed, and to some degree, that is true, because Praiano isn't turning "1 lap wonders". He is tuning cars for use in a race, hence more attention is payed to driveability and avoiding setups that can over exaggerate a minor mistake. A good race setup is more forgiving than a good time trial setup, because in a time trial setup, you dont care if the car is close to undriveable, if it makes the car faster by 0.001, that's the way its going to be, learn to drive it.

BUT... never, ever, has a Praiano tune been slower than stock. never.

I'd also like to adress @praiano63 in this matter.


Hmm. Well for me..his tunes weren't drivable...for my driving styles ...that neither good or bad...just a fact.....for me :)
 
Hmm. Well for me..his tunes weren't drivable...for my driving styles ...that neither good or bad...just a fact.....for me :)
Are you using a wheel?
 
Hmm. Well for me..his tunes weren't drivable...for my driving styles ...that neither good or bad...just a fact.....for me :)


I had a lot of fun driving the LFA stock...I test a lot of my cars stock using Nordschleife. The Nurburgring LFA is a force to be reckoned with... There is more time to be had.

et_
Are you using a wheel?

No
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well there you have it.:)

I can assure you that everyone with a wheel, that is a somewhat fast driver will testify that Praiano's tunes are good ones. (you dont have to alien-like, but you need to be able to handle a car in the game. I know people that are like 6 seconds off pace, per lap, in which case, a setup won't help you.) Ofcourse it depends on driving style and all that, but still.
 
I had a lot of fun driving the LFA stock...I test a lot of my cars stock using Nordschleife. The Nurburgring LFA is a force to be reckoned with... There is more time to be had.
I always feel that it's possible to go faster in one, even if I put down a great lap.
 
I always feel that it's possible to go faster in one, even if I put down a great lap.

Ummmm. Well you've got me curious now...does it matter which 13' Viper?

When you look at the numbers, 100 HP and 250ft/lb difference... The Viper dam well be faster....for me thought... I got one in the anniversary package...didn't like it. Having said that, $$$/ HP the Viper has it hands down
 
Ummmm. Well you've got me curious now...does it matter which 13' Viper?

When you look at the numbers, 100 HP and 250ft/lb difference... The Viper dam well be faster....for me thought... I got one in the anniversary package...didn't like it. Having said that, $$$/ HP the Viper has it hands down
I was talking about the LFA, both of them.

The Viper is harder to drive, and requires a bit more delicacy. Both '13 Vipers are the same machine mechanically. The Viper has the advantage in power and straightline speed, while also being well balanced in corners if you can handle it.
 
et_
Well there you have it.:)

I can assure you that everyone with a wheel, that is a somewhat fast driver will testify that Praiano's tunes are good ones. (you dont have to alien-like, but you need to be able to handle a car in the game. I know people that are like 6 seconds off pace, per lap, in which case, a setup won't help you.) Ofcourse it depends on driving style and all that, but still.

Well with 260+ hrs and 21,000 miles.. On GT6. I am not an alien...but assure you. I ain't no noob.

I know when a car is tune right for my style when its not....wheel has a variances but by no means the deciding factor.
 
Well with 260+ hrs and 21,000 miles.. On GT6. I am not an alien...but assure you. I ain't no noob.

I know when a car is tune right for my style when its not....wheel has a variances but by no means the deciding factor.
Well... It kind of is. I cant drive a controller-tune with a wheel, and vice versa.:indiff:

260 hours is way more than me, so you're certainly not a noob:lol: I never said you where tho;)
 
et_
Well... It kind of is. I cant drive a controller-tune with a wheel, and vice versa.:indiff:

260 hours is way more than me, so you're certainly not a noob:lol: I never said you where tho;)

I get what you're trying to say...however the tune...with or without a wheel...IMO and experience... Can be used for both... Sometimes it may require a little fine tuning...but usually if you have experience you can make it work...within reason of course

I was talking about the LFA, both of them.

The Viper is harder to drive, and requires a bit more delicacy. Both '13 Vipers are the same machine mechanically. The Viper has the advantage in power and straightline speed, while also being well balanced in corners if you can handle it.


Mmm... I know... Though In was talking about the Vipers...sometime even if they're the 'same' car...they're not the 'same'.

I was also comparing HP and ft/lb between the Viper and the LFA...

Well I used my Anniversary Edition... You know what I was pleasantly surprised... However...lap time...LFA is faster for me...but I only took one lap lol...Nordschleife I was 7:14.xxx. There is definitely room as well...its a monster with all that torque.... But that's to be expected.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...if you're in a straight line...top end..maybe... However... Stick the both of them on Nurburgring ;)
[URL='https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-n%C3%BCrburgring-lap-time-board.294583/#post-9109690']GT6 Nürburgring Lap time board[/URL]
07:02.351 - SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition '13 (Sutuki)
07:02.514 - SRT Viper GTS '13 (mike_gt3)

07:06.651 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06 (Sutuki)
....
07:08.112 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Johnnypenso)
07:08.261 - Ferrari F430 '06 (Sutuki)
07:09.113 - Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12 (GTP_Stotty)
07:09.246 - Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12 (Johnnypenso)
07:09.823 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (mike_gt3)
07:12.044 - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 (Sutuki)
07:12.745 - Honda NSX Concept '13 (Johnnypenso)
 
Last edited:
That settles it then.
 
Stock times from the Nurburgring Laptime Board
07:02.351 - SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition '13 (Sutuki)
07:02.514 - SRT Viper GTS '13 (mike_gt3)

07:06.651 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06 (Sutuki)
....
07:08.112 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Johnnypenso)
07:08.261 - Ferrari F430 '06 (Sutuki)
07:09.113 - Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12 (GTP_Stotty)
07:09.246 - Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12 (Johnnypenso)
07:09.823 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (mike_gt3)
07:12.044 - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 (Sutuki)
07:12.745 - Honda NSX Concept '13 (Johnnypenso)

Yeah...thanks I've seen the real life times...and those times can be beaten in game...but we are not driving around 400k cars.... Those times are with different drivers.... And whatever variables could be different...I don't think 6+ secs mind you.

The Viper at 100hp and +250ft/torque damn well be getting better times.

In game...and again to my driving style... The LFA is better. Straight line speed of 15-20mph...can make up a lot of lost time due to poor handling (poor handling maybe a bit harsh lol on a 15mile track ;)

It might be interesting to match HP and ft/lb and see what happens :)

If I had the lots of money..LFA...if In was still rich..but on a budget... The Viper...or if filthy rich...both!
 
That settles it then.

Lol..settles it?? Mmm well those times are in real world...here in game is a little different.... There is a what 6-7 sec gap in real world...our virtual reality... Even by your numbers...we're looking at 1 sec ;)
 
These guys are much better than we are at putting down lap times, and they're very plausible times. Don't get me wrong, I love the LFA more than any other car in the universe, but these are solid numbers about which one of these is faster in GT6, and those numbers point to the Viper being faster. Real Life is irrelevant on this thread.
 
These guys are much better than we are at putting down lap times, and they're very plausible times. Don't get me wrong, I love the LFA more than any other car in the universe, but these are solid numbers about which one of these is faster in GT6, and those numbers point to the Viper being faster. Real Life is irrelevant on this thread.

Yeah...that's what I thought... Then, when the real life numbers were posted..you said...that settles it lol... So I assumed you were referring to those numbers...

I am with on the LFA its a beautiful car...but I honestly believe its getting beat raw power, being used in a straight line ( not that its a pig in the turns)... Rather than handling...put the Viper HP and torque in the LFA...forget-aboutit. ...and as I've said..from the beginning... The LFA is the faster car for me..


Oh...those real life times are a lot of times, slower than what we can do in game.
 
Last edited:
Yeah...that's what I thought... Then, when the real life numbers were posted..you said...that settles it lol... So I assumed you were referring to those numbers...

I am with on the LFA its a beautiful car...but I honestly believe its getting beat raw power, being used in a straight line ( not that its a pig in the turns)... Rather than handling...put the Viper HP and torque in the LFA...forget-aboutit. ...and as I've said..from the beginning... The LFA is the faster car for me..


Oh...those real life times are a lot of times, slower than what we can do in game.
Those aren't real life times, those are times of completely stock cars, stock tires, oil change only, ABS1 from GT6. There is a big PP difference from power and torque with the Viper so I'd expect it to be faster given relatively equal handling. I don't think I took a crack at the Viper because I was only interested in lapping with cars not already up on the board at the time.
 
Those aren't real life times, those are times of completely stock cars, stock tires, oil change only, ABS1 from GT6. There is a big PP difference from power and torque with the Viper so I'd expect it to be faster given relatively equal handling. I don't think I took a crack at the Viper because I was only interested in lapping with cars not already up on the board at the time.


My bad I thought you were postin real life times lol....

If you got the anniversary edition you would've gotten a Viper.

So it is with oil change? That's 30-50 HP with 20-40 ft/lb.. The time I just posted re the Viper was without...first lap...all stock with default settings...

To me.. Its hard to really compare, ...as you said the PP...I mean that's a lot of HP and torque. The Viper has ...and still it holds its own...My point in all this was one driver...driving both cars... Again to me the LFA has it. Even Sparky says he's got a 1 sec lap time between the Viper and LFA, in favor of the Viper...1 sec on Tsukuba is a lot...but a sec on Nordschleife... Meh...not so much lol

Each driver has there own ability...so in looking at your lap postings... Its a different driver from Viper to LFA??

Lol.. I just noticed you put that LFA time up.....so it word be interesting to see what your Viper time would be.

Were is that board.. I might take a.shot at some of those times :) if nothing else they're targets.
 
Golf VI GTi. Will smash pretty much any road car inside it's PP range when tuned and will give a lot of faster cars a hiding. I was accused of "grip hacking" on Monaco with it once.
 
Last I checked, Praiano was in the top 100 of one of the recent Seasonals driving his own tune for this car...even though his tunes aren't fast (sarcasm):sly:
Maybe they're fast for some and not for others. All depends on the driving style of the person trying / using the tune...
 
Mazda rx7 sprite r 2002 my personal favourite is a great car I recommend.
 
Stock times from the Nurburgring Laptime Board
07:02.351 - SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition '13 (Sutuki)
07:02.514 - SRT Viper GTS '13 (mike_gt3)

07:06.651 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06 (Sutuki)
....
07:08.112 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Johnnypenso)
07:08.261 - Ferrari F430 '06 (Sutuki)
07:09.113 - Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12 (GTP_Stotty)
07:09.246 - Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12 (Johnnypenso)
07:09.823 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (mike_gt3)
07:12.044 - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 (Sutuki)
07:12.745 - Honda NSX Concept '13 (Johnnypenso)

Could you fix the link, please? I'd like to check out the full list of lap times. Thank you.
 
Back