A general idea for the campaign.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 7 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
More specifically, approximate definitions for the following groups: Beginner, Amateur, Professional, Extreme, and Endurance.

Beginner: Includes N100-N200, and the lowest-level Gr.X cars, like the go-kart or the BMW i3. Smaller and more basic circuits like Tsukuba, Sardegna C, or Maggiore Center are commonly raced here.

Amateur: Includes Gr.4 racing, and N300-N500, as well as some intermediate Gr.X cars, like the Tesla Model S.

Professional: Includes Gr.3 and Gr.2, as well as well as N600-N1000. This is where you'd also see events like the Supercar Festival, where I'd feature a round at Ascari for maximum bougie-ness.

Extreme: Goes to Gr.1, as well as highest-level Gr.X cars like the X2019 Competition and X2014 Standard. Also includes all formula-styled cars, like the W08, the SF19, and the F1500T-A. Likely will include a new iteration of "Like the Wind" featuring Daytona, Blue Moon Bay, Northern Isle, and Special Stage Route X. Maybe even Indianapolis, too. This could also include events that feature rain or night-time conditions.

Endurance: Mostly various racecars, but includes some events that feature road cars, like the Roadster Endurance. Races ought to be the same length as seen in GT3 - I think that was the perfect length. No race should be over 3 or 4hrs, as real-world endurance drivers never do the entirety of longer endurances in one sitting. Dynamic time-of-day and weather is a must, as well as tire/fuel consumption. There could also be a round reserved for the Group C cars within Gr.1, featuring older versions of Monza and Fuji, as well as Le Mans without the chicane. If there is a a new iteration of the Gr.1 Endurance Series, it's gotta include the Daytona infield course. (And hopefully DPi will join Gr.1, such as the cars for Chevrolet, Mazda, Nissan, and Cadillac.)

This is all very general, and I could see it not being too strict, but what do you think? I'd love to see the return of events for certain brands, too - that could also help clean up the menus for the events, as some themed events could be accessed via the respective brand. For example, Z Heritage and the Nissan GT-R Cup being accessible via Nissan. I think we saw events get sorted into regions, too, so that could be another neat thing coming from GT4. It'd especially make sense for events like the Lightweight K Cup, which I'd put into the Asia-Oceania region, for one example.

I'd also have Rally be its own section, too, rather than just have off-road courses occasionally appear in the "main" segments.

This is all very general, and I could see it not being too strict, but what do you think? I'd love to see the return of events for certain brands, too - that could also help clean up the menus for the events, as some themed events could be accessed via the respective brand. For example, Z Heritage and the Nissan GT-R Cup being accessible via Nissan. I think we saw events get sorted into regions, too, so that could be another neat thing coming from GT4. It'd especially make sense for events like the Lightweight K Cup, which I'd put into the Asia-Oceania region, for one example.

I'd also have Rally be its own section, too, rather than just have off-road courses occasionally appear in the "main" segments.

I agree that the manufacturer events should be cleared up into the brands instead of being lumped together with main events. Though some will complain why you should click into more menus for some events (in brand central). And yeah for region too like GT4, but still in 1 event menu like GT2 (GT League). Though I'm afraid the game probably won't have it, where if you see the Trailer, going to GT World (it's more like GT4's track list; World Circuits, Original Circuits, City Courses, Dirt & Snow, Driving Park) will display "Mazda Roadsters Cup".

Just noting, higher level events don't necessarily use higher level cars (like all N100-N200 are strictly in beginner, etc.). And for endurance, you can give events longer than 3/4 hrs, as long as you keep the feature from GT5 to save races then continue later.

I like your ideas but I think it is too close to the campaign mode in GT Sport.

What is about this new Gran Turismo must be compiling what worked best in all the previous games but also has to be innovatrice in the way we would experience it maybe more like an immersive RPG where experiencing a game mode and succeeding in it should open a new level in an other game mode.

I mean it would be great that each of us lives his own story through a racing game instead of simply entering races after races.

For instance I liked very much the way F1 2019 opened in the career mode picking a F2 team and struggle a few laps to win 3 races to get hired by the best F1 team.

We can imagine to enter the career in GT7 by entering a short amateur race in a rust bucket before being sent to driving School and get a beginner racing licence to enter the career as a beginner.

Then race in many championships with the option of shuffling all the races or simply shuffling the championships, to unlock a finale for Beginner level like it was in GT6, but here, this would also unlock a first level of races in Sport Mode's daily races, because I think many players must go through driving School and training before entering Sport mode.

Then going back to driving School to get the amateur Racing licence, then enter amateur Racing championships ... And so goes through professionnal level .... Grand Prix level ( for races in a semi endurance format around 45min-1h)...... And through endurance level ( for races between 2h and 3h ) .
Which makes 5 levels of experience, and unlocked 4 daily races in Sport mode instead of 3 in GT Sport.

And also a grand finale for Career Mode should be back like the endurance race at the Nürburgring in GT6

Last edited:
I like your ideas but I think it is too close to the campaign mode in GT Sport.

What is about this new Gran Turismo must be compiling what worked best in all the previous games but also has to be innovatrice in the way we would experience it maybe more like an immersive RPG where experiencing a game mode and succeeding in it should open a new level in an other game mode.

I mean it would be great that each of us lives his own story through a racing game instead of simply entering races after races.

For instance I liked very much the way F1 2019 opened in the career mode picking a F2 team and struggle a few laps to win 3 races to get hired by the best F1 team.

We can imagine to enter the career in GT7 by entering a short amateur race in a rust bucket before being sent to driving School and get a beginner racing licence to enter the career as a beginner.

Then race in many championships with the option of shuffling all the races or simply shuffling the championships, to unlock a finale for Beginner level like it was in GT6, but here, this would also unlock a first level of races in Sport Mode's daily races, because I think many players must go through driving School and training before entering Sport mode.

Then going back to driving School to get the amateur Racing licence, then enter amateur Racing championships ... And so goes through professionnal level .... Grand Prix level ( for races in a semi endurance format around 45min-1h)...... And through endurance level ( for races between 2h and 3h ) .
Which makes 5 levels of experience, and unlocked 4 daily races in Sport mode instead of 3 in GT Sport.

And also a grand finale for Career Mode should be back like the endurance race at the Nürburgring in GT6
What's the difference for GT Sport's GT League format compared to previous? Other than event amount and Championships. What you say here is like the previous games where certain races need Licenses to enter, though for GT6, you need to complete all the races for that License before proceeding, unlike previous games where you can complete all License first from B to S, then all Races can be entered.

So you mean to implement the offline race implement for Sport Mode, to have the License requirement to pass like offline events such as IA for GT World Championship? Good to see Licenses being more important than ever, but it wasn't implemented in a mode that requires its importance more. School is just another name for License, and in GT7 GT World menu, you can see the License requirement again like "Free", or "National A", so it's there.

That's the way I'd like to feel motivated to go from a race to another.
I also feel the need to jump from Offline to Online in a sort of "scenario" continuity.
It would be interesting if the level in career would have an incidence on Sport mode and its access to races.

Yeah, and for sure GT7 at least brought out that element (Licenses, Championships).
Also GT6 has license requirement for Seasonal Events (B), and Open Lobby (A).

Last edited:
Back