A Good Deal Yes?

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 8 comments
United States
Allen, Texas
crispychicken49
crispychicken49
So a couple years back we bought a Sony XDR2. Well we didn't research before buying it, and a year later it started getting a green blob. This eventually lead to a class action lawsuit by hundred's of thousands of people. Each one got their optic assembly block replaced. Well, the green blob is back. We called Sony, and it led them to making an offer for this TV. It retails for $3299.99 or $2789.99 right now. Sony made us an offer for $1000.00! Did we score or what?

I assume that somebody here owns this TV, at least one person. So I want to ask, do you enjoy it? Is it worth the retail?

Last edited:
Sounds like a fair enough a deal (still having to pay a grand though!) but if you could tell us the exact model number of your current one it would be easier to compare.

I believe it was the XBR2 series TV that was supposed to be the replacement for the XBR1 series. Yet the same green blob popped up!

They did offer a smaller one, but since it would be dwarfed by the wall in the living room, the larger one was the better choice.

I believe it was the XBR2 series TV that was supposed to be the replacement for the XBR1 series. Yet the same green blob popped up!

They did offer a smaller one, but since it would be dwarfed by the wall in the living room, the larger one was the better choice.

But the smaller one, friend was offered a 55", is a superior TV, by far.

I just spent all saturday looking at tv's and ended up with a new smasung d7000 series and wow what a picture it has. It is up to you but i was not impressed with the sony screens compared to others, i was looking at the same ex series only the 46" size.

If you had a xbr which is sony's top of the line tv i think you might not be very happy to downgrade to sony's mid range sets. Imo the xbr should be replaced by sony's current top of the line sets, which i believe as another poster stated is the hx series sets.

So a couple years back we bought a Sony XDR2. Well we didn't research before buying it, and a year later it started getting a green blob. This eventually lead to a class action lawsuit by hundred's of thousands of people. Each one got their optic assembly block replaced. Well, the green blob is back. We called Sony, and it led them to making an offer for this TV. It retails for $3299.99 or $2789.99 right now. Sony made us an offer for $1000.00! Did we score or what?

I assume that somebody here owns this TV, at least one person. So I want to ask, do you enjoy it? Is it worth the retail?

You never did say what model of tv you have. The only tvs that have optic assembly blocks are rear projection units. If Sony is offering you a DLP for $1000, they are just unloading old technology on you.

You never did say what model of tv you have. The only tvs that have optic assembly blocks are rear projection units. If Sony is offering you a DLP for $1000, they are just unloading old technology on you.
He has been offered a Sony 60" LED EX720 3D smart TV. You should see the link in the first post. Bargain I say, but there can be no harm trying to haggle a little bit extra off when ringing to accept the offer, can there :sly:.

He has been offered a Sony 60" LED EX720 3D smart TV. You should see the link in the first post. Bargain I say, but there can be no harm trying to haggle a little bit extra off when ringing to accept the offer, can there :sly:.

Ahh.... missed that link.

Hell yes you scored 👍

Back