A GT Forum Run By Polyphony Digital

  • Thread starter Thread starter VBR
  • 48 comments
  • 3,843 views

VBR

Tatakae!
Premium
Messages
7,949
England
London
On the official GT website under Update/Community it says, "Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members." (link). We have of course been aware of this statement for sometime.

However, what forums are PD referring to? GT Planet & all the other GT forums out there? Or, are they making reference to their own forum that they intend to set up & run to support the Community update? If it's the latter, the implications could be massive!

Discuss...
 
Last edited:
Dear Forum,

I never normally write in to these things, but i have an experience i just can not hold in any longer.

There i was, minding my own business, when i co worker told me of a new episode in the Gran Turismo Series. I could barely contain my excitement. I joined the Forums, I dusted off the PS3, I told my wife that from December 6th i will be vacant for a week. I shopped around for the best deal, comparing Anniversary editions and Pre Order bonuses from all available retailers. I was chomping at the bit to relive the excitement of the first GT many years prior.

In short, I purchased the game which came with everything its predecessor did and more, it was amazing, it was life changing, it was.........
 
Official forums always suck. In GT's case it would just be a constant barrage of "FIX THE SOUNDS OMGGGG".

At least GTP mixes it up with the occasional "I played this game for 116 hours straight and unlocked everything now I'm bored PD sucks" thread.
 
VBR
On the official GT website under Update/Community it says, "Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members." (link). We have of course been aware of this statement for sometime.

However, what forums are PD referring to? GT Planet & all the other GT forums out there? Or, are they making reference to their own forum that they intend to set up & run to support the Community update? If it's the latter, the implications could be massive!

Discuss...

My take on it is that it might be a forum dedicated to our own clubs/leagues. Whether that will allow multiple threads who knows but that would seem the best implementation for me. This forum could be accessed from within game or by other device.
 
It's such a bad idea that it must be true.
Probably so due to the insanely tight rules that belong to them... It's basically positive input only or you're banned for an entire day..
 
VBR
On the official GT website under Update/Community it says, "Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members." (link). We have of course been aware of this statement for sometime.
However, what forums are PD referring to? GT Planet & all the other GT forums out there? Or, are they making reference to their own forum that they intend to set up & run to support the Community update? If it's the latter, the implications could be massive!
Discuss...

They killed the GT5 community features already so I guess thats your meetingpoint GT-MyHome.
Also on your link it says: Online community features can be accessed through the iOS Safari and standard Android browsers. In addition, a future update will provide linked features through a specialised mobile device app.

I have to say I expect a lot of the mobile device app in association with community features....
 
So the PS forums are run by T10? :dopey:
Well I'm not sure if you recall the petition for more communication but I got banned once for posting it (just flat out banned). So then I made a new account, which was named "NotAPetition1" as I was prepared to spam their forums..

And so that one got banned.. So I made a new one and over and over it repeated. I then made a link to the GTP forums and a link to the thread with the petition, and I got banned for that. Something outside of their reach and they still banned me..

I'm not sure how goes at T10, but I'm pretty sure it can't be worse than that...

Right??
 
VBR
On the official GT website under Update/Community it says, "Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members." (link). We have of course been aware of this statement for sometime.

However, what forums are PD referring to? GT Planet & all the other GT forums out there? Or, are they making reference to their own forum that they intend to set up & run to support the Community update? If it's the latter, the implications could be massive!

Discuss...
It'd be run by SCE, since SCE do all the marketing, promotion, press relations and communication and PD just make games.

And that forum already exists - the Gran Turismo subsection of the official Playstation forums. But it is... a silly place.
 
I'm not sure how goes at T10, but I'm pretty sure it can't be worse than that...

Right??

Not as bad, but close enough. T10 just banned you for being dissatisfied with FM5 and making it known in more than 1 thread.
 
Not as bad, but close enough. T10 just banned you for being dissatisfied with FM5 and making it known in more than 1 thread.
Aww yeah, screw that then...

There'd be no way I'd be able to tolerate that. Having a say in the games interests and you get flicked like the rolled up bit of dead skin... No, that's no way to treat a customer..


But I'm not saying that shunting them out totally is the best way either..
 
Post count will be reset to 0 if you don't login for a day.

Clicking "Reply" will cause your computer or phone to beep 3x and reboot.

Negative posts will be automatically removed to enhance user experience.

New topics will be avaialable monthly via an in forum update.

A topic generator will be available in a future update allowing participants to build topics from a supplied set of approved resources.




Sorry I couldn't resist jumping on the wagon :dopey:
 
Post count will be reset to 0 if you don't login for a day.

Clicking "Reply" will cause your computer or phone to beep 3x and reboot.

Negative posts will be automatically removed to enhance user experience.

New topics will be avaialable monthly via an in forum update.

A topic generator will be available in a future update allowing participants to build topics from a supplied set of approved resources.




Sorry I couldn't resist jumping on the wagon :dopey:
You forgot that you can have 25 avatars if you join the site before it launches - and buy a post count of 1,000 for $19.99.
Such forum, very idea, much PD, wow.
 
Not as bad, but close enough. T10 just banned you for being dissatisfied with FM5 and making it known in more than 1 thread.

Just more on the pile of banned users since FM3. Don't know a whole lot about how the Sony forums run, but if it's even close to what T10 does it's also a disgraceful joke that says so much more about the people in charge than it does the people that get banned.

On topic, I was thinking that the "forums" they speak of in their yet to be delivered advertising was going to be more of a expansion of the individual message boards people had in GT5 in game.
 
March 18th is your idea of "almost April"?

I didn't realise you guys wouldnt detect my sarcasm. I said that as a quote to the thread, 'its almost March, where's our next update" which was created about this time into february.
 
Back