A GT5 Trailer I've Been Working On...

• Thread starter Gturismo1
  • 28 comments
I've been looking for an excuse to do a little video editing. I was originally going to do an entry for the trailer competition a while back, but never got around to it. And over the last few weeks, we've had the Ferrari 458 Italia Tribute video, FT-86 Concept Video, as well as the opening video to GT:PSP all available in high-def. So I figured now with enough source content, I could go back to the original E3'09 trailer and spice things up a little bit.

So attacked the footage with a pair of scissors, so to speak, and started re-cutting and re-arranging. Like I stated above, there are elements from the E3, 458, FT-86, and GT:PSP trailer all rolled into one. I decided to add in some new music (here's to hoping the good people at YouTube don't flag and mute out the audio) to go along with re-cut trailer.

All-in-all, I put about three solid days into working on it. Most of it just focusing on the little details like timing and transitions. I've watched it maybe a hundred times already, just trying to sort out any little imperfections so the end result looks as professional as possible.

So I hope you'll take the time to give it a look-see, and feel free to let me know what you think, compliments and criticisms. Thanks :)

[YOUTUBEHD]WEteaY8HcmU[/YOUTUBEHD]​

From one GT5 trailer maker to another, GREAT job! There are very few things I would change if any. There are no timing issues at all and the 99% of the clips used, fit the music perfectly. There is a lot of GT5p footage out there you may also want to consider using if you make another trailer. Amazing work.

No criticism from me. Only negative for me was a personal one, I didn't like the song that much as it didn't quite get the blood flowing as much as some other trailer or intro music but that's a personal thing. Not saying you have to have an epic song though.

Great job

Yea, the song could be a tad better in spots, though I liked when the beat matched the scene changes. It isn't a bad choice, though. Like Earth said, it's personal.

I agree. It was not a bad song but again personally I would have chosen a different one. The best part was when the cars where spinning out and the build up at the beginning. I like songs that come to a dramatic end so thats about the only thing I did not like. This is truly a minor criticism.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I really appreciate it :)

From one GT5 trailer maker to another, GREAT job! There are very few things I would change if any. There are no timing issues at all and the 99% of the clips used, fit the music perfectly. There is a lot of GT5p footage out there you may also want to consider using if you make another trailer. Amazing work.

Well to be honest, it was your excellent trailer that inspired me to make this one, so I definitely owe thanks to you for motivating me to put this one together. The way the music in your trailer had a synergy with the what/when/how the video clips appeared was just spot on, and that's what I was trying to go for. I'm glad you noticed the timing, because, as I'm sure you know, that's what gives any video its energy, but man is it ever tedious going through it frame by frame trying to make sure a transition peaks at the end of a beat, or that a certain clip fits with a particular part of the song. The devil is in the details but in the end, its just cool to sit back and watch the finished product :) I just wish Polyphony would grace us with some new GT5 footage so we could even further diversify these videos.

And I completely agree with everyone about the song being flat in parts, I actually had to cut the length down from about 5:00 to 3:30, which is why some parts probably seem a little "off". But as I was making it, I knew the song was going to be a love/hate thing. I liked the energy of it, but after watching it a hundred times, I realized that the song, like paskowitz stated, doesn't really build to a dramatic end, and in parts is repetitive. That's why I tried to take advantage of quick cuts during the "higher energy" parts of the song to really kick it up a notch and accelerate the pace. Personally I'm really indifferent to the song itself, its not something I'd listen to everyday, but I stumbled across it and just knew it was "the song" I was going to build my trailer around. But I totally get why the music makes-or-breaks it for some people :)

I'd like to thank those of you who took the time to watch the trailer and leave comments, and paskowitz for inspiring me to put this trailer together. I really appreciate the commentary, good and bad, keeps me on my toes as to what I'm doing right and wrong. Keep them coming and thanks a lot :)

I've been looking for an excuse to do a little video editing. I was originally going to do an entry for the trailer competition a while back, but never got around to it. And over the last few weeks, we've had the Ferrari 458 Italia Tribute video, FT-86 Concept Video, as well as the opening video to GT:PSP all available in high-def. So I figured now with enough source content, I could go back to the original E3'09 trailer and spice things up a little bit.

So attacked the footage with a pair of scissors, so to speak, and started re-cutting and re-arranging. Like I stated above, there are elements from the E3, 458, FT-86, and GT:PSP trailer all rolled into one. I decided to add in some new music (here's to hoping the good people at YouTube don't flag and mute out the audio) to go along with re-cut trailer.

All-in-all, I put about three solid days into working on it. Most of it just focusing on the little details like timing and transitions. I've watched it maybe a hundred times already, just trying to sort out any little imperfections so the end result looks as professional as possible.

So I hope you'll take the time to give it a look-see, and feel free to let me know what you think, compliments and criticisms. Thanks :)

[YOUTUBEHD]WEteaY8HcmU[/YOUTUBEHD]​

No way you stole it from PD ;)

:drool: damn awesome work

By the way great song, "We are the Prodigy" meaning we are a marvelous example. Great!

And I completely agree with everyone about the song being flat in parts, I actually had to cut the length down from about 5:00 to 3:30, which is why some parts probably seem a little "off".

I'd like to thank those of you who took the time to watch the trailer and leave comments, and paskowitz for inspiring me to put this trailer together. I really appreciate the commentary, good and bad, keeps me on my toes as to what I'm doing right and wrong. Keep them coming and thanks a lot :)

Oh, well that explains a lot. After listening to it multiple times you covered up the audio cuts very well (although it is slightly perceivable). You obviously have knack for this so whatever you don't stop.
________

Wow, I have to take step back right now and recover, I inspired you... wow... thats like really :D... thank you so much. I do not even know what to say. It really means a lot to me.

Wow! I would love to see that as the GT5 opening video. You picked a great song... it went with the shots really well.

First, I love the trailer!
Second, do you guys feel like a techno song will make it obvious what time period this was produced? It could be a good thing, or a bad thing if you watch this video and you can say to yourself "that was made in the early 2000's." I am not neccessarily talking about this song, but GT trailers in general. The SLS promo video had a classical/rock song which was really inticing to me, and seemed timeless, much like GT itself.

No way you stole it from PD ;)

:drool: damn awesome work

By the way great song, "We are the Prodigy" meaning we are a marvelous example. Great!

Its actually "Invaders Must Die". Quite a good sound choice. I've alrwady seen a PC sim racer drift video using the same one, but I'd like to hear a different one from the same album being used. Still a good song and it doesn't deduct from the impact.

All in all great video 👍.

Epic Trailer 👍👍👍. Everything syncs perfectly, from GT5P to GT5 to GTPSP. I love the part in the middle where all cars are spinning out and crashing, very PD-intro-like. I'm not a fan of the music by itself, but it fits the video well enough in this case.

11/10 👍

P.S. BTW, if you have time, can you make a GT5 Intro with Moon Over The Castle? Your talent will surely shine once again. :D

This gets my seal of approval.

seal-of-approval.jpg

Back