A.I difficulty

• Thread starter avfc82
  • 17 comments
Was wondering what the best difficulty is to have a challenging clean race? What % is best...
It differs depending on class and track. The AI performs better on certain tracks and can seem overly aggressive in certain cars, like open wheelers, for example, where one touch can knock you off the track. The default on Pro is 70%, start there, mix it up a bit.

It's a personal setting really, I started at 50 when I was really struggling with the controller, and I'm now at 80 after finding a sweet spot both with controller itself and car setups. If you are winning every race comfortably, you won't get much enjoyment without raising the bar yourself.

That said, I agree with the above that the AI seem to vary drastically from circuit to circuit and car to car. Some places I'll be seconds ahead, and others I will need a really gutsy lap to finish just a tenth ahead...

The AI is better than most racing games, but I was a little disapointed by their skill at level100. I figured at this level they should drive the perfect line at maximum speed and should be practically unbeatable. This way you can allways find a difficulty that suits you.

But it seems that everyone is allways complaining at this game so Ill just leave it at "better than most games" :lol:

My first race was in the Formula Ford at Brands Hatch GP Circuit, at turn 5 I was 3/4 in front & on the inside line, the A.I driver turned straight into me like I wasn't even there! I ended up off track & in the gravel. The A.I needs some serious work in open wheel cars, I don't want to even try them in Career Mode yet. When I tried build 841 a while ago round a mates house, the A.I seemed great, mind you I was in the BAC Mono at Brands.

VBR
My first race was in the Formula Ford at Brands Hatch GP Circuit, at turn 5 I was 3/4 in front & on the inside line, the A.I driver turned straight into me like I wasn't even there! I ended up off track & in the gravel. The A.I needs some serious work in open wheel cars, I don't want to even try them in Career Mode yet. When I tried build 841 a while ago round a mates house, the A.I seemed great, mind you I was in the BAC Mono at Brands.
Thought at release they were perfect, whilst I commend them trying to patch and fix things, hate how a new patch breaks other things, they never hit you or go across the grass pre 1.04..

Thought at release they were perfect, whilst I commend them trying to patch and fix things, hate how a new patch breaks other things, they never hit you or go across the grass pre 1.04..

I couldn't even play the game pre 1.4 as all I had to play with was a Fanatec GT2 wheel that's driver was broken at launch!

That sucks hope it's working now for you..I only have ds4 which I was spending more time fiddling than playing with at start..seems ok with right settings.. still ok game despite bugs. Sorry about font size dunno why it changes..:rolleyes:

GT2 seems to be working now, thanks. Now if the A.I started working too, that would be great!

:sly:

@avfc82 are you serious? They improved the AI greatly... They stopped pushing you out when you get side by side in a place they did not expect and do not divebomb as irrealistically as before. If they fix grip i'll start again the Racing seasons i have on hold...

@avfc82 are you serious? They improved the AI greatly... They stopped pushing you out when you get side by side in a place they did not expect and do not divebomb as irrealistically as before. If they fix grip i'll start again the Racing seasons i have on hold...
Formula a Ai sucks since new patch, imo I thought it was perfect in day one patch, ai all over the grass and doesn't know where you are now.. Just my opinion btw I only drive formula a, could be different with other classes..

They did. They've never had great awareness in the open wheelers. Many a time I've been side by side and had AI turn in on me, or make no effort to avoid me. their behaviour seems mostly the same regardless of the type of car they're in. They should learn to protect their own cars better. Having said that, the AI is generally good for a racing game, just the suicidal antics need toning down a bit.

Latest Posts

Back