A New Glitch

  • Thread starter Thread starter Authentic718
  • 31 comments
  • 4,633 views
Messages
172
Messages
Bloodshot_718
I was playing online yesterday and noticed something very weird. We were running some practice laps on Laguna Seca, when I saw this one guy flying in the air, he must have been well over 200ft! At first I thought it was a blimp but then I realized, it was no blimp, it was a 350z flying in the air. He was doing doughnuts and hitting high speeds, then at some point he fell out of the sky and smashed into the ground lol.Has anyone experienced anything like this?
 
I think I've seen this "phenomenon" online in Daytona. The cars crash from the sky like a meteor. It may just be a visual glitch that observers see and not an actual glitch that is performed, at least that's my take on it. :D
 
Yep. Online racing last week. Guy gets smacked into and a physically impossible vertical ascent. Like a rocket going up. Most of this new stuff is a result of 1.10. Going to e cleaning up GT5 pictures etc... since it the system seems slower.
 
There are a few people getting out the track at Daytona....
 
Who finds these glitches and HOW?
 
Cool stuff!
Btw did anyone notice if these are from rooms with a low "race quality" setting? Often there's funny stuff in these rooms, like cars driving up the cliff at trial mountain over the jump after the tunnel then popping back to place after a couple of moments.
Depending on how the online communication is structured, it's almost like there has been data missed where the cars motion would have been changed from uphill to flat, as if the viewers game thinks the opponent is still accelerating vertically.
 
No idea about such strange phenomena except for the one found on the Nurburgring for 24h's endurance race(which was later patched), but contingent on the quality of hosted races I guess.
 
I haven't seen this apart from the gliches at SSR7 and the Nurb where at some points you can go higher than the track, not just under it.
However just before GT5 came out I did see someone driving on top of the tunnel at Eiger because of lag, perhaps this is the same thing.
 
I know of one at Sarthe 2009, but not these other tracks? It may be bad internet connection, but I wouldn't put it past people to have found another one.
 
I'm having a lot of issues racing online with this version (1.10). Black screen game freezing at the start of some races is a common one nowadays. I hope this gets fixed.
 
I'm constantly getting freezes with it now. I had no problems up until this point. Due to the delay in releasing seasonal events and updating the OUCD, I believe that they have acknowledged the situation with the patch, and are working to fix these problems and release a new patch at a later date.
 
Also, I know 3 on Fuji Speedway, 2 on Nurb 24HR, La Sarthe 2009, SSR7, Top Gear, Daytona Superspeedy, and 1 more but I can't think of it at the moment. It my be Laguna.
 
Tonystew42
I know of one at Sarthe 2009, but not these other tracks? It may be bad internet connection, but I wouldn't put it past people to have found another one.

There's many on the Sarthe, I love going under the track and flying. :)
 
Ssr5 on the paved hairpin, the road sometimes missing(only black)
 
the online issues could also be a result of PD moving their offices. As it seems they started the move about the same time as update went live. And if PD has the servers for GT5 and they're moving everything to a new location, then that could greatly effect online performance.
 
the online issues could also be a result of PD moving their offices. As it seems they started the move about the same time as update went live. And if PD has the servers for GT5 and they're moving everything to a new location, then that could greatly effect online performance.

Everything if you want to put it online, you should put it on the datacenter to guarantee its uptime and reliability.

Honestly about what do you said, what my brain understand is : "PD put their GT5 server inside their office".

It is impossible to put their servers within their office. And...the servers are being accessed by worldwide players.

Except PD have a building (AFAIK PD studio is small, as I see on their website)

So, there is no relation between PD move their office and online game performance.

---

Me as GT5 player really want to complain about GT5 online data consumption, accessing GT Life menu sometimes slow, also Seasonal events, I dont really know what kind of data they downloaded but everything just slow.
 
There's many on the Sarthe, I love going under the track and flying. :)

That sounds like fun to creep under the road and go beyond the space around the track, and to discover something strange there. :lol:
 
Everything if you want to put it online, you should put it on the datacenter to guarantee its uptime and reliability.

Honestly about what do you said, what my brain understand is : "PD put their GT5 server inside their office".

It is impossible to put their servers within their office. And...the servers are being accessed by worldwide players.

Except PD have a building (AFAIK PD studio is small, as I see on their website)

So, there is no relation between PD move their office and online game performance.

---

Me as GT5 player really want to complain about GT5 online data consumption, accessing GT Life menu sometimes slow, also Seasonal events, I dont really know what kind of data they downloaded but everything just slow.

100% Absolutely. Also there is possibly the GT5 servers are in countries other than Japan in addition. IE Servers in datacenters closer to Europe and North America are wise.

In game friends list is incredibly slow also.
 
I guess you saw this:



Video description:

"I went into an online room the other day and these guys were messing around on Nordschleife (I think).
It turns out you can bump each other out of the track and drive around like you are flying!
You can basically take a helicopter tour of the rest of the track! It was awesome!!"


Looks like a patch marathon for the PD crew. :dunce:
 
Lol all I could think of was. Do you really need ASM on for that?
 
Uploaded on Jan 26, 2011

I'd assume the nurburgring flyby at least is patched
 
The real flight simulator.

It sure is. :D 👍

Looks like observing other cars/people from above as if we're an anchorman or a spectator. :dunce:
 
it's probably been mentioned already, but i was online last night at the nordschliefe, and about 3 guys in X2010's were trying to escape the track (and succeeding) by driving through the access road entrance at the start of the long straight. I got kicked after about 5 minutes. I didn't look like they were getting any advantage from it, as when they did manage to escape the track, they would drive alongside the track for about half the length of the main straight then drop back onto the track in the same place.
 
There's loads of glitches on track, one of which you can gold the vettel challenge on Suzuka in around a minute , nurburgring 50 laps easily done , la Sarthe ( 3 exits ) ;)
 
This is possible to do on a lot of tracks, It usually happens as a result of driving through a wall. I've seen it on the following tracks:

Top Gear Test Track
Cote d'Azur
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Daytona International Speedway
Road Course - Indy
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
every variation of the Nurburging
 
Gran Turismo 5 - The $60-million-dollar-simulation-game-on-ps3
 
Back