A new thread on SlayerMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtavcfan
  • 70 comments
  • 2,653 views
tour_logo.gif


Slayer - Killswitch Engage - Mastadon

starts October 29 in Springfield, MO

Click here for all tour dates.

They will be in Seattle on December 10, 2004. I will buy my tickets in advance this time.
 
gtavcfan
Just finished reading the list, the first 2 suck. THis is the way I would have put it:
1. Nikki Sixx
2. Kerry King
Whoever made that list is a real buttmunch


Only for you dude, I think that it rules.

Anyone have any intersting Slayer news?
Nikki Sixx is a bassist, and I don't think Kerry King is as good as everyone makes him out to be. But then again, everyone's a good guitarist compared to me. :guilty:
 
I actually think that Jeff Hanneman is the better of the two guitar players in Slayer.
 
I used to think that, too. His solos sound great, but when you listen properly to Kerry's solos, they are outstanding. Kerry also has so much precision live.
Shannon
Nikki Sixx is a bassist
Yeah, I just noticed that...
gtavcfan
that they are also releasing a new DVD that they performed in Maine, Its called "Reign in Blood Live: Still Reigning"
That's a must have on my list. It's the show where it actually rains blood! Apparantly it is also the best Slayer DVD/Concert Video in recent times. So I want this. Also, is there a History of Slayer DVD out? I don't think so, but I would like to know for sure.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
That's a must have on my list. It's the show where it actually rains blood! Apparantly it is also the best Slayer DVD/Concert Video in recent times. So I want this. Also, is there a History of Slayer DVD out? I don't think so, but I would like to know for sure.
Dude, I'm actually waiting to see that part, I'm so excited. Also, I'm excited about the Jagermeister Tour
 
I'm jealous. I've wanted to see Slayer live for a LONG time. I want them to come here.
 
I have seen Slayer at least 4 times now. I just recently saw them with Slipknot and Hatebreed at the Delta Plex in Grand Rapids MI a few weeks ago. They were part of the OFF-fest. Yes off fest not ozzfest.
Slayer plays longer in concert than any other band I have seen in my life. ALmost to the point where you want to leave. I have seen them twice at the Orbit room and both times they played way over 20 songs. That is a LOT for a band to play in concert. Especially a heavy band like Slayer.
I personally think they are OK and they have a handful of good songs like Reign in blood, Angel of death, and several others. I probably like at least 10 of their songs but there are a lot better bands out there.
 
The one thing I hate about Slayer live: Tom Araya tends to drone on a bit. He likes to talk, which is okay. But he goes that little bit too far.
CAMAROBOY69
They were part of the OFF-fest. Yes off fest not ozzfest.
I think we both got into that discussion before with someone, trying to explain it somewhere to him. Lol.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
The one thing I hate about Slayer live: Tom Araya tends to drone on a bit. He likes to talk, which is okay. But he goes that little bit too far. I think we both got into that discussion before with someone, trying to explain it somewhere to him. Lol.
Yes dude, it was with me, on the ozzfest thread. BTW who's going to this tour?
 
When u kids are done with slayer you should give Superjoint Ritual a go, i find there music superior in all areas compared to slayers, just because the production sounds raw and underground & they dont play big venues doesnt mean there any less of a band then slayer
 
Actually we've discussed them before. Check my Metal Thread to see if we've discussed the bands.

SJR are boring after 3 songs, quite monotonous. Phil Anselmo is an absolute ****, and for ripping on the band that got him as far as he has is low. Phil has 10 years left in his life-span max. SJR could be better if they put some variety into each song, instead of the same old sound.

And I haven't been done with Slayer for years. I'm not going to stop for SuperJoint Ritual. Sorry.
 
SJR are only boring to people with limited attention span, when you grow up im sure youll see the extremeness of SJR and u wont mess with there Anti-trend image CORE!
 
Oh yea you said phil ripped on pantera, pantera held him back from persuing his dream to make the most underground violent soundtrack to you inner hate, phill vinnie and dime all wanted to sellout and compared to SJR there albums sound like pop Music, its ok if you dont understand the underground please just dont bag the most underground band, im just trying to get you away from your commercial filled metal
 
Superjoint Ritual is cool and stuff, but not superior to Slayer. I have seen (and recorded) many music videos by SJR great metal and all, but no better than Slayer. Thats my opinion and no one is going to change it.
 
How can you say Slayer is commcercial metal? COmpared to Nu-metal and many other bands they don't even come close to commercial metal.
 
Slayer is commercial, look at them they were on viva la bam a few weeks back, SJR refuse to sell out they are the true metal gods anyone who doesnt love SJR is obviously not a true metal head
 
Slayer are actually commercial.
HATEKORE
im just trying to get you away from your commercial filled metal
Want me to list some bands from the true underground Metal scene HATEKORE?
HATEKORE
you grow up im sure youll see the extremeness of SJR and u wont mess with there Anti-trend image CORE!
When you grow up, you will notice there are other bands apart from SJR, and that SJR are just another passing fad for Phil. Remember Down? Where did they go? Phil called them "the best band on the planet" and that they are "unsurpassed by anything else". He also said that they "are the most original band out and every other band around them sounds the same". Sound familiar?

I think you should grow up. Hate-related PMs are childish and pointless. You expect me to shut my computer down and jump the border to another country just because you threatened me? Well, you're wrong. There's more to life than 1 band.

Why did you come to GTP anyway? Hmm? Explain that.
 
Down is still in progress in fact there writing a new cd, SJR are underground there the only band worth listening to. I never sent you hate filled PM's i sent you one PM asking you not to abuse the allmighty SJR in the SJR worshiping thread as you could deter new users from finding the trueness and almighty strength of SJR
 
oh and i came to GTP because i like to introduce people to SJR because i know they are very underrated and deserve alot more, spose thats what you get when you are true underground!
 
HATEKORE
I never sent you hate filled PM's i sent you one PM asking you not to abuse the allmighty SJR in the SJR worshiping thread as you could deter new users from finding the trueness and almighty strength of SJR
You actually made a threat to me.

I've made a proposition for us both in your Worshipping Thread.
 
Don't call me your minion. Lol. I don't worship anything. Not even God or Satan.
 
Good. Now back to Slayer.

gtavcfan -- Have you got the Still Reigning DVD yet? Is it even out?
 
speaking of metal dvd's did you guys know that SJR have a dvd coming out
Live At CBJB's - see they play at clubs becasue tehre so against the trends of stadiums
 
HATEKORE
speaking of metal dvd's did you guys know that SJR have a dvd coming out
Live At CBJB's - see they play at clubs becasue tehre so against the trends of stadiums

This is a thread about Slayer. Don't go off-topic about other bands.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Good. Now back to Slayer.

gtavcfan -- Have you got the Still Reigning DVD yet? Is it even out?
I have no idea dude.

HATEKORE
sorry bout that
I don't mind talking about SJR. But not in this thread

BTW Slayer is not commercial metal

[Off topic quote]
Jimmy Enslashay
Don't call me your minion. Lol. I don't worship anything. Not even God or Satan.
You don't worship anyone?
 
I do believe that slayer is a commercial band these days, there a good band but i mean they even had shoes with there names on them
 
HATEKORE
I do believe that slayer is a commercial band these days, there a good band but i mean they even had shoes with there names on them
Thats just merchendice for the fanatics, I mean I would buy them. There are also shirts, sweaters, posters, and other stuff like that. I'm sure SJR also have some of that stuff for their fans
 
Back