A plan so CRZY it might just work.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crzyrazr
  • 68 comments
  • 5,318 views
The new online events are a GREAT test bed to practice using no aids.
 
The new online events are a GREAT test bed to practice using no aids.
Yup. Up until now, I've only been doing my "no driving line anymore practice" in solo time trials and the last A Spec 550pp race on Apricot Hill raceway. That was after already running that race with the line on - so I kind of knew what speeds to go thru the twists and turns.

With these recently released events I will be going into all of them fresh, without the aid of the driving line. I should really refer to it as the braking line because even though I didn't hit my brakes when it became red, I would hit my brakes at 50% or sooner or later, depending on the severity...
 
I am thinking of setting up an online room tonight. Just depends how soon I get home and how much time I have tonight if your interested let me know.
 
Ok so apparently I can't remove the above post. So please check the first page for info from tonight.
 
Last edited:
Blind Spot indicator I am leaving on because let's face it I am going to have to relearn my fastest ways, braking, acceleration, along with my own temperament to retrain myself.

Always leave the blind spot indicator on. No one likes the guys who turn them off and then proclaim that they didn't know some one was beside them.
 
Always leave the blind spot indicator on. No one likes the guys who turn them off and then proclaim that they didn't know some one was beside them.

You don't need a blind spot indicator, you just need eyes and the presence of mind to use them. I have always had it off because I never lose track of opponent cars. When I am passing I am constantly flicking the dpad on the wheel to look at the car I am passing. When someone is behind I'll watch the mirror or sometimes even look back. This is what you do in real life, use the rotational ability of your head, you don't need a floating arrow.
 
You don't need a blind spot indicator, you just need eyes and the presence of mind to use them. I have always had it off because I never lose track of opponent cars. When I am passing I am constantly flicking the dpad on the wheel to look at the car I am passing. When someone is behind I'll watch the mirror or sometimes even look back. This is what you do in real life, use the rotational ability of your head, you don't need a floating arrow.
I think with this point being brought up I need to state what view I am using. I prefer the front camera view with no mirrors. Also the flicking of the d-pad messes me up. I will try this once I get a little better. Thanks @nasanu
 
You don't need a blind spot indicator, you just need eyes and the presence of mind to use them. I have always had it off because I never lose track of opponent cars. When I am passing I am constantly flicking the dpad on the wheel to look at the car I am passing. When someone is behind I'll watch the mirror or sometimes even look back. This is what you do in real life, use the rotational ability of your head, you don't need a floating arrow.

I'm afraid you are in the vast minority. I'm not one to keep hitting the look left/right button on the controller and few are. Also, when I'm busing looking through a corner, looking away isn't the best idea....that is also true of real life.
 
Ok so I updated with weekend running updates. No times this weekend as I geared more towards getting back into my high powered cars. So it's a general overview.
I did have a question though. When I fired up my system and went into the seasonal I noticed my brakes were initially very very touchy. I went in and checked the settings and they had not changed. After a couple of runs they started to return to normal. Does anyone have this issue when they head into their first few runs? Is this typical of seasonals, or is this just a hardware issue just needing to get warmed up?
 
Back