A question about National Finals

• Thread starter Mahdoee
  • 4 comments
Turkey
Turkey
Hello.

It's Mahdoee from Istanbul, Turkey. I have played many simulation games on PC but never played Gran Turismo. I just saw about GT Academy and thinking about buying a PS3 and GT6 to participate it but there's a problem.

On this page, I see Turkey is considered in European color.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy...japan-indonesia-malaysia-in-2015-brazil-2016/

but here, on the second question, I see that Turkey is neither considered a European country nor Middle East.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2014/faq/

Answer on that page which I am talking about is this:

" For 2014, there is a new international competition that includes Australia, India, Middle East (UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Kuwait), Mexico and Thailand.
GT Academy Europe 2014 is comprised of France, Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, Sweden, Poland and Czech Republic.
GT Academy US 2014 includes Canada* for the first time "

I can go another country to participate national finals if it's somewhere in Europe or Middle East, it's not a problem. I just would like to learn if I can participate GT Academy as a player from Turkey.

Thanks for your answers.

Mahdoee

While I can't find the complete terms and conditions, the FAQ says that legal residents from the supported countries are allowed to enter. At the very least you will need a visa which will allow you to live in the country you intend to compete in, even if you don't spend much time actually living there.

There was one person who competed in the UK one year and competed in Slovakia the year after, so I'm sure it will be possible for you to compete somehow.

you have to move to another country mate to have the right to enter ..... i'll advice you to avoid europe because the level here is really really high .... in the middle east you still have a chance ;)
good luck

While I can't find the complete terms and conditions, the FAQ says that legal residents from the supported countries are allowed to enter. At the very least you will need a visa which will allow you to live in the country you intend to compete in, even if you don't spend much time actually living there.

There was one person who competed in the UK one year and competed in Slovakia the year after, so I'm sure it will be possible for you to compete somehow.
what about the driving licence ? is it enough to have an international one ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your answers gm matthew and drspeedy. I hope they can make at least a final together for all South European countries and Middle East countries(there is already but not all countries can participate) so players from those countries will have a reason to play as well.

If there is still any way to participate for me, I'd like to hear on this topic. Thanks for your answers.

Mahdoee

Thanks for your answers gm matthew and drspeedy. I hope they can make at least a final together for all South European countries and Middle East countries(there is already but not all countries can participate) so players from those countries will have a reason to play as well.

If there is still any way to participate for me, I'd like to hear on this topic. Thanks for your answers.

Mahdoee
Hi there, I'm also a fellow player from Istanbul!
This year we can participate in GT Academy 2015 for the first time. We are in GT Academy International with the US, Australia, Mexico and North Africa. 6 people from Turkey will be at the race camp.
The FAQ you posted which doesn't include Turkey is from 2014, that's why the country isn't listed there.
Good luck!

Back