A race event

Italy
Treviglio
PAPPACLART
PAPPALCART
An idea

Lets just say for arguments sake, we have 256 participating players, split into 16 championships. Races for each championship take place at set times and dates (to be arranged by GTmods/admins/members) of course.

To start out, we all agree a track and a car to do a single laptime challenge that will determine the division that you enter. i.e. top 16 fastest laps are in the GT prem division, next 16 are in 1st and so on, this will make it fair, and will class people with others that they are competitive with.

Each player of the 256 start out with a STANDARD low end car in the same class, we could have a choice of 3 cars of similar performance (as agreed) to mix things up, or we could keep it fair and all start with the same car. (up for debate) Tuning/championship points are awarded for what ever position you finish within each race of the individual championship you are in. these points can be added to improve the performance of your car over the series and are deducted from your standings. As an example, if you win a race, and are awarded for arguments sake +10 tuning points, and you use all 10 to improve your car, then you will have 0 points, and potentiallly could be bottom of your championship table after the frist race despite winning it. So to Be successfull, you will need to balance racing fast, with spending on upgrades to be successfull etc. Or you can save your points and purchase another more superior car. (cost of cars can be agreed etc but can only be bought at the end of the season)

At the end of each racing season (lets say over 10 races) we can have a promotion/relegation - as an example top 3 go up, bottom 3 go down. What makes this idea good is: if you are promoted up from one division into another, effectively you are now racing againts people that are better than you, but because you may have won your divison to gain promotion, your car potentially will be at a higher state of tune to the more superior racers you are now up against in the new division you have been promoted to. It's kind of like an evolving handicap systems where by the the not so good racers have a fighting chance. Also, if you are relegated to a division below, you may be a superior racer, but your car, again will likely be at a lower level of tune becuase you was not very cometitve within the division that you just been relegated from.

As for the specifics and intricate details for this idea, I would like some feedback from you guys as to what you think inorder to make this work and for the idea to be improved upon

My only concern is that it may be a little boring for the winners of the top division, as there is not much insentive once you have won, so any ideas to please share obviously providing you are all interested. Also it may be a bit taxing for somebody to keep tabs on the championship/tuning points after each race etc. Also I think we will need to trust each individual player to only race with the car tuned to the points that they have etc.

Thanks

Back