A (small) GT5 Drifting Scene Revolution

Do you think this small revolution should happen?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
I will test some more. If i like further results, VDCS3 will be changed to CMs.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have less interest in VDCS3. I know for myself I will not be switching to CM.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have less interest in VDCS3. I know for myself I will not be switching to CM.

I'd be more interested to be honest.

The only time I drift on CH is out of courtesy to the room owner.

I'd be more interested to be honest.

The only time I drift on CH is out of courtesy to the room owner.

Some will have more interest, and some will lose interest. I myself would lose interest, as I dont want to redo all my tunes to remove some of the grip to be more predictable and to smoothen out the car.

It sounds like the right idea for the purpose of having more realistic physics, but im a drift missile lover, most of my cars have under 390 hp... what about that we use CH for the low powered cars under 400-350 hp and over that you use CM

Some will have more interest, and some will lose interest. I myself would lose interest, as I dont want to redo all my tunes to remove some of the grip to be more predictable and to smoothen out the car.

Oh no doubt people will loose interest, but it might be gained back by people who prefer CM like me.

It sounds like the right idea for the purpose of having more realistic physics, but im a drift missile lover, most of my cars have under 390 hp... what about that we use CH for the low powered cars under 400-350 hp and over that you use CM

I use CM on the 370hp S14 and it drifts fine, has no trouble linking corners, keeps up with 450+ hp cars no problem and has no trouble tandeming with slower cars.

DriftShiro

I used CMs on my fc this morning with 366hp and did fine.

Testing with twist and missiles dont get near as much angle because of less wheel spin. They are just faster.

I truly say no, sorry. It seems alittle goofy for me to switch when we have used Ch for over a year now. If we did end up switching, we would need some newer rules, because the new people would think we were going for speed instead of angle.

I actully changed my mind... They feel pretty good and truly it takes a bit of work to get stock car sideways. Anyway what ever happens im still drifting, so where ever it goes, Im in!

Last edited:
I just don't see why competitions have to lock it to one tyre profile, competitions should state that you can use CM or CH, but that would provide 'unfair' advantage to CM users.

I actually thought about switching Formula D Season II to comfort medium, but it was a last minute thought with little testing so I decided against it. I think CM would be more realistic, but it definitely takes some getting used to. Like most people I started on CS and switched to CH because it was the "norm" online and now I've been drifting CH so long everything else feel abnormal.

I'll be doing some more testing, in the meantime I'll refrain from voting as I'm still on the fence.

I support the switch to CM. At first it felt weird, but after a few hours it feels much better.

I just don't see why competitions have to lock it to one tyre profile, competitions should state that you can use CM or CH, but that would provide 'unfair' advantage to CM users.

Well there is your reason im not liking this idea for a switch there isn't enough of a reason to do so. imo

It would allow slower cars to keep up to faster cars to a certain extent.

Well there is your reason im not liking this idea for a switch there isn't enough of a reason to do so. imo
With honorable people a comp with mixtures of tires could be competitive.

We all have been doing this long enough to know which cars would need CM to keep up to cars on CH>

As fastfox stated, allows a balancing within the sense so slower cars keep up with faster cars.

I don't see what the big deal is about the comp restriction, if it's a CM only comp & the guy insists in using CHs then just don't let him compete.

Me and silvia are getting amazing tandems going on CMs. Video by thr end of this weekend.

Well i don't care either way... i just don't want to start using something and get used to it then it to change again. I guess i am neutral vote

First of all thanks for sharing your opninon!
There are some points I want to clear up:

This tire change isn't supposed to, can't and won't change the speed difference problems and you know I have never said that. It's supposed to make drifting as a whole more fun and in a way more realistic.
As we have seen in many drift comps like D1 and VDC S2 the speed differences aren't as bad as they might have been back then in the VDC S1 times where it was Viper/Vette vs. a normal JDM etc.
We all know what cars are the noobie cars are and should be banned from every comp to make it fair.

CH tires almost feel like your tires are made of plastic not rubber. CMs would make this small but significant change.
Steve said he will make VDC S3 CMs and I will make D1GP season 2 (if there will be one) CM.

Hello,

I'd like to share my personal opinion about a small GT5 drift revolution with you. It's as easy as it sounds:
What about making comfort mediums the new ultimate drift tires?

Many people complained about the sloppy grip of c hards, a feeling like you are on ice. Well I can fully verify these statements and as I have tested C mediums for several times I can say that they give a better, more realistic feeling of a normal proper street tire like they are used for drifting in real life all over the world.

Vote if you agree on this and if you also think this scene needs a little make over like this
Drift events, competitions but also the fun drifting scene would upgrade to these tires.

Thanks

I haven't tried comfort mediums for drifting at all. But I guess I will have to give it a go on my Toyota SOARER and report back on how it went. But then again, you might be on to something here lukas... :dunce:

He is me and silvia just had amazing runs. Pic in our thread last post by me

Tried CM on my Monaro today. I was quite happy with the tyres. Not as overly grippy as SH but still offered a good amount of slip and with the added grip I could get a considerable amount more speed on the long corners as long as I flicked the car into a drift more aggressively

Right I'm posssibly having a bit of rage here but, the GTP drifting community has already gone power crazy using cars that have like 700bhp and this has caused all comps to become about who has the fastest car not the most skill. Adding CM into the mix is just gonna cause the drifting scene to become faster and more powerful.

For me GTP drifting isn't as fun as it used to be as its all about power and speed, I'll stick with CH as they seem to be the only thing that is keeping drifting fun as its all about gaining angle whilst staying in control.

Right I'm posssibly having a bit of rage here but, the GTP drifting community has already gone power crazy using cars that have like 700bhp and this has caused all comps to become about who has the fastest car not the most skill. Adding CM into the mix is just gonna cause the drifting scene to become faster and more powerful.

For me GTP drifting isn't as fun as it used to be as its all about power and speed, I'll stick with CH as they seem to be the only thing that is keeping drifting fun as its all about gaining angle whilst staying in control.

Then you dont know what your talking about me and Silvia were doing full lock in our missile (350hp) silvias and having an amazing time! It was soo fun, yes a bit faster but was a blast. I am like you I hate the 700hp crap that is filling up these forums and this is why I would stick with my underdog car even if it makes me slower. I had way more control over the car then in CH. With CHs it always felt like i was drifting on ice and I hated that to the extreme. CM are not like softs or sport hards. They still give you the grip you need while the angle your craving. 👍

I just tried Comfort Medium for the first time after drifting on Hards for pretty much my whole GT5 drifting career. To those who know my drifting style very well (you know who you are :D), here are my results on Comfort Mediums:

Better or worse?

EDIT: Back on to the Drifting Revolution, I wouldn't mind if it happens but, as shown in the video, I have a lot to get used to. Reverse entries are much more difficult and more steering corrections are required since the tyres are more responsive.

I totally agree with this possible change. It seems that everyone agrees, and it could bring a new era to the drifting community. I talked to duman about a cm comp but didn't go through with it because there would be on interest.

I don't care if I have to retune my cars as long as its more fun!

Sorry to bust your bubbles but you're gonna need to persuade more people because right now I'll say you've probably only talked about 25 people into it :indiff: This limits you to drifting with your friends :/

Back