A (small) GT5 Drifting Scene Revolution

Do you think this small revolution should happen?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
I'm gonna have to agree with kingklick here, even if GTP moves to CM's everyone else is gonna stay on CH so all it will cause is more arguments ( as if tyres aren't argued enough about already...)
I also have genuinely no idea why your trying to speed match cars using tyres either, that's just stupid. A 350bhp s13 won't keep up with a 600bhp viper IRL so why try and make that happen in the game?!

I'm gonna have to agree with kingklick here, even if GTP moves to CM's everyone else is gonna stay on CH

In my experience everyone drifts anything online. I saw some dude drift a 700 hp car on Racing Soft tyres

Noo! CM's are bad N00b tires stick with CH

but monsterGAUZ's point is that we should use CM tyres because they are realistic and make the tyres feel like they are made of rubber instead of plastic.
I quite agree that it makes my SOARER drift better in corners but doing reverse entries are much harder.

In my experience everyone drifts anything online. I saw some dude drift a 700 hp car on Racing Soft tyres

No way.... :nervous:

Sorry to bust your bubbles but you're gonna need to persuade more people because right now I'll say you've probably only talked about 25 people into it :indiff: This limits you to drifting with your friends :/

But there's 38 votes in the poll, still a fair amount of people who are active within the drifting community.

I'm not fussed whether this change happens or not, variety is the spice of life and I don't mind mixing up comfort compounds every now and then.

But there's 38 votes in the poll, still a fair amount of people who are active within the drifting community.

I'm not fussed whether this change happens or not, variety is the spice of life and I don't mind mixing up comfort compounds every now and then.
+infinity :bowdown:

Sorry to bust your bubbles but you're gonna need to persuade more people because right now I'll say you've probably only talked about 25 people into it :indiff: This limits you to drifting with your friends :/

True in a way. Lukas, you should open a thread like this on the general drifting subforum, explain what makes Medium good, mention that the movement is growing between team members and post a couple of videos of CM drifting and tandem. I bet a lot of the people in there will like them.

True in a way. Lukas, you should open a thread like this on the general drifting subforum, explain what makes Medium good, mention that the movement is growing between team members and post a couple of videos of CM drifting and tandem. I bet a lot of the people in there will like them.

I could help with the Comfort Medium tandem videos. I've been practising all day and I have finally gotten much better compared to earlier today when I made the switch.

If you're friends with anybody on GTP you wouldn't have to go into noob rooms :lol:

This change is gonna cause conflict Lukas, not everybody is gonna bow down to you like a god and follow your suggestions, some will yeah, but it will be split 50/50 with CH/CM drifters.

Believe me if it was anybody else making this post the votes in this poll would be VERY different, for some reason people have some sort of mancrush on you just because you ran a few comps and you're a good drifter.

I've already spoke to a few people from Team's on here (saying no names) that have no intention of changing to CM, which means the rest of their team, and their team's friends won't either.

You say it's like drifting on plastic, yet I can still manage to understeer and catch grip during a drift in a few of my cars on CH.

Last edited:
Just had a go on CM tires and I think it would be a good switch. The tires feel more positive, like you actually have a lot more control over the car. I got used to the grip level after a few minutes, and even the way the e-brake acted seemed more realistic. You actually have to "pull" it rather than just tap it once or twice. The CH tires, just like Lukas said, feel too icy. Overall, the CM feel more like a comp drift tire. The CH feel like a normal street tire that Joe Shmoe would use on his street legal 240 with not a lot of HP.

Formula D season 2 has already started on CH but I'll probably be making the switch for season 3.

Here's an idea:

How about we drift whatever the hell we want? If you set a room to CM, one could still use hards If they wanted. If you host a competition, the tire rules could be left up to the host of the competition. I don't think we need to go so far as making anything an Official tire, but I'm all for accepting comfort mediums. There could even be competitions where <400hp uses mediums and >400 uses hards

Here's an idea:

How about we drift whatever the hell we want? If you set a room to CM, one could still use hards If they wanted. If you host a competition, the tire rules could be left up to the host of the competition. I don't think we need to go so far as making anything an Official tire, but I'm all for accepting comfort mediums. There could even be competitions where <400hp uses mediums and >400 uses hards

There is no need to make rude remarks like that. When drifting offline or for fun between friends, you can pick any car, tyre or drivetrain you wish. What monsterGAUZ meant was "Should we use Comfort Medium tyres for high-end D1GP competitions?" not "Should we use Comfort Medium tyres all the time?".

If you're friends with anybody on GTP you wouldn't have to go into noob rooms :lol:

This change is gonna cause conflict Lukas, not everybody is gonna bow down to you like a god and follow your suggestions, some will yeah, but it will be split 50/50 with CH/CM drifters.

Believe me if it was anybody else making this post the votes in this poll would be VERY different, for some reason people have some sort of mancrush on you just because you ran a few comps and you're a good drifter.

I've already spoke to a few people from Team's on here (saying no names) that have no intention of changing to CM, which means the rest of their team, and their team's friends won't either.

You say it's like drifting on plastic, yet I can still manage to understeer and catch grip during a drift in a few of my cars on CH.

Me :bowdown: ----> Lukas

I agree that if anyone else made this post, the poll results would have been a lot different.

Ok I will say it once again:

I don't tell you to use these tires. It is a suggestion, an opinion.

And stop this stupid ''Moan moan, they just follow you because you are respected bla bla''....
That really pis ses me off. I neither deserve to be more respected than anybody else nor am I a god or idol in any way... I'm just a boy who sits in front of a console for you, end. I wish I had never started this thread and rather just make D1 season 2 a CM comp...

eddyac
Noo! CM's are bad N00b tires stick with CH

Have you tried it for more than 2 minutes before giving up?

K1ngKlicK

First of all people dont see him as a god. And second of all quit acting like a jealous cheerleader and move your attitude somewhere else.

risewithefallen
Here's an idea:

Wrong i will be using CMs from now on. The way it made not only my fc but my sileighty feel much better. And they both have under 350hp. Had just the right amount of slippage with more control and feel of what the car is doing. 👍 but youre right we arent going to restrict rooms just to CMs.

MSTER232
There is no need to make rude remarks like that. When drifting offline or for fun between friends, you can pick any car, tyre or drivetrain you wish. What monsterGAUZ meant was "Should we use Comfort Medium tyres for high-end D1GP competitions?" not "Should we use Comfort Medium tyres all the time?".

Me :bowdown: ----> Lukas

I agree that if anyone else made this post, the poll results would have been a lot different.

Prove to me someone better? If you or king were in a comp against him and won, then ill listen to what you have to say. But until you (you and king) prove to me that you are one of the best gtp drifters, ill continue to listen to what lukas has to say.

See, it's already starting s*** lukas :sly:

I'm sorry Spank if I come off as a "jealous cheerleader" :lol: :lol:

Have you tried it for more than 2 minutes before giving up?

I tandem drifted with Mster... for 20 minutes with my 135i on them
You can go Full Throttle the whole time without worrying to spin or anything

I find it funny how Cro, tried this and all you guys said no, and then when GAUZ tries it everyone says yes. :indiff:

Anyway, I'm all for it. I drift CM's daily. I know that I & the rest of SFX would be all for it.

I'm sick of this, just because we agree on the use of CMs doesn't mean that we have a mancrush on Lukas and if Cro actually tried to do this, then where the heck was it because I never saw that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, here's a few test runs on my Z33 & 240SX. (Nissan power!!!! :lol:) Not the most perfect runs, I was still getting used to it.

Prove to me someone better? If you or king were in a comp against him and won, then ill listen to what you have to say. But until you (you and king) prove to me that you are one of the best gtp drifters, ill continue to listen to what lukas has to say.

I wasn't trying to say I was better than anyone... I'm just saying that if someone else made this same thread and they weren't respected like lukas is, then the poll results might have been a lot different to what they are now. Please tell me how is that one sentence is saying I am better than anyone else...?

I approve of this 👍 . I was going pretty much full throttle and I only lifted off when my angle was about 70 degrees and over.

Well, i think the speed changing is going to be a problem really. First of all it will make tandeming a lot harder and second of all, the speeds at which people travel will also be a problem towards the less skilled drifters, and people that haven't driven a car before in real life.

There are so many people just looking to the car in front of them and not to the complete tandem and therefor aren't anticipating enough. This is a big problem already and will only grow on grippier tires.

James, (TTCH), and i talked about it around a week ago, and he said that people that haven't gotten the drifting experience in real life can't be expected to use CM without a problem. Let people stick to comfort hards even though it is less realistic, it will be more fun the way it is, in my opinion.

I like comfort mediums, there the most realistic.

I agree on the switch to comfort hard to mediums, its time for a change. A change that gives everyone a new playground to start at. Lets change.

Welcome to the world of RL drifting.

Well, i think the speed changing is going to be a problem really. First of all it will make tandeming a lot harder and second of all, the speeds at which people travel will also be a problem towards the less skilled drifters, and people that haven't driven a car before in real life.

It isn't supposed to be easy.

Im practicing on CM tires for the 1st time on my s13 with 350 hp.. I just love it. it doesnt feel as different and i even like it better since i can get more aggressive with it.. who is up for practicing... idk why there is none online right know XC
1472-6118-3830-2743-6036 :D
Prodigy-Matsuri Sesh

Gonales, I have owned a wheel for a month and have had a total time of maybe a week on it and was able to do just fine with them. Yes there is a change in the handling, but thats why humans are known to adapt.

On a side note, is it really this hard for people to accpet a bit of change? They had to when GT5 got all the updates? Admit it CHs are not what they use to be when we first started drifting on GT5. To me the CMs feel like the CHs use too. Why cant anyone else see it?

Back