A (small) GT5 Drifting Scene Revolution

Do you think this small revolution should happen?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
Who knows sean once people get borad of CM's or someone starts to think that maybe we need a change we'll be using them sooner rather than later!

"Sean Welland, Drifting Racing Softs since before it was cool." :sly:

Adz1414
Who knows sean once people get borad of CM's or someone starts to think that maybe we need a change we'll be using them sooner rather than later!

Its not one of those things you get bored of..

SeanWelland
Well by the looks of things, people have gotten tired of CH so yes, It does happen.

Oh yeah... Well we will probably stay on them because we most likely wont be here in another 18 months.

Oh yeah... Well we will probably stay on them because we most likely wont be here in another 18 months.

So its not for sure then and not everyone will change to CM so even attempting this full drift community change all in all is a silly idea or am i wrong?
Also this is a game and not RL so who cares if CMs are closer to the real thing, CHs is a level playing field for everyone + you can limit a room to CH only but not CM only?

Last edited:
So its not for sure then and not everyone will change to CM so even attempting this full drift community change all in all is a silly idea or am i wrong?
Also this is a game and not RL so who cares if CMs are closer to the real thing, CHs is a level playing field for everyone + you can limit a room to CH only but not CM only?

Yeah, you can limit it to CM, it's something called a "kick".

You have to suit the tyres to the cars to the way you drift. I have no issue with CM tyres on my monaro but I am just using CM on my G SPORTS and it wrecks everything. I modded the car to suit me well with CH tyres. I use the car on SS R5 with CH and it drifts like a dream but with CM the car feels rubbish. That could well be because of the fast nature of the track but the car feels too limited to drift. This is probably due to the low hp (380 hp tops). With D1GP monsters the car uses CM tyres well but with a low hp 86 you really need CH.

GT tyres have always been an issue. For comps there should be tyre limits for sure but whenever I open a room I allow up to SH tyres. Why? Because everyone drifts differently. Apart from RS drifters. Thats stupid.

Thats not limiting thats just being a child! i was just making a point?
👍
Why change now after all this time!
Nothing wrong with CH!

Great point, think of all the times some new person has come along and wanted to learn to drift like the pro's and how adamant we were that they MUST use CH and no other, we've had countless competitions banning all use of other tires because we made the community so unique like this. You can't just decide to change the community how you see fit (Not aimed specifically at you Gauz, but people supporting the change). Gauz has brought up a good point here, one that should have been risen many many months ago had it become an issue - but we're too far along the line now to just "change" how we as a community run things. Before we would despise any team that would so much as sniff at anything other than CH tires. If anything it's as if you're all jumping on the majority band wagon, like every other internet phase.

By all means, if you want to start drifting CM, go ahead. If you want to keep drifting CH, that's fine by me. But do not try and influence these changes on others. We have been far too out of line towards people in the community before and if there should be ANY form of change happening, it should be this:

Why do we drift? Some for competition, some for fun, some purely for the social aspect it unlocks within others. We drift because it makes us happy. We enjoy new people learning to drift and teaching them our ways and watching them grow into it their own style. We are a community. We're all one big family!

I think it's time we forget all about arguing and debating this that and the next, and just enjoy what we all love.

DRIFTING

jrkiwiboy
You have to suit the tyres to the cars to the way you drift. I have no issue with CM tyres on my monaro but I am just using CM on my G SPORTS and it wrecks everything. I modded the car to suit me well with CH tyres. I use the car on SS R5 with CH and it drifts like a dream but with CM the car feels rubbish. That could well be because of the fast nature of the track but the car feels too limited to drift. This is probably due to the low hp (380 hp tops). With D1GP monsters the car uses CM tyres well but with a low hp 86 you really need CH.

GT tyres have always been an issue. For comps there should be tyre limits for sure but whenever I open a room I allow up to SH tyres. Why? Because everyone drifts differently. Apart from RS drifters. Thats stupid.

I use them on my 333hp fc and love it. Also on my silvia s-spec which has 279hp.

Thats not limiting thats just being a child! i was just making a point?

I... was... just... making... a damn joke... thanks for the insult (yes, I find it insulating when some calls me a child) :grumpy:

Not sure if this topic is still being debated, but since some people were saying CM would make drifting low HP cars more difficult, I thought I'd mentioned that I was in a lobby earlier in the week with a bunch of guys from GTP (UKO, rsgriff, alpacaflip and LazyLiquid), and we all ended up drifting Truenos and Levins on CMs. Everyone seemed to adapt to the new tires really quickly, and it ended up being a really fun session with lots of good tandems.

I can't speak for the others, but I really liked the CMs. I'm one of those people who has always found the CH tires a little too easy to break loose, and I'm really liking the feeling of the CM.

Pretty much the same here. Haven't drifted for the past week and started again with a totally new car on CM, felt great. There's no big speed change but the feel and for wheel users the FFB increases a good bit + You don't have this ice feeling anymore

I... was... just... making... a damn joke... thanks for the insult (yes, I find it insulating when some calls me a child) :grumpy:

So you have the right to make jokes and say things which are wrong but then be offended by being called a child when your acting like one! one rule for one and one for another? :dunce:

Pretty much the same here. Haven't drifted for the past week and started again with a totally new car on CM, felt great. There's no big speed change but the feel and for wheel users the FFB increases a good bit + You don't have this ice feeling anymore

*Insert Michael Jackson "Ice, Ice Baby!" here*

Just joking with ya lukas, I have to agree with your post.

SeanWelland
👍

Great point, think of all the times some new person has come along and wanted to learn to drift like the pro's and how adamant we were that they MUST use CH and no other, we've had countless competitions banning all use of other tires because we made the community so unique like this. You can't just decide to change the community how you see fit (Not aimed specifically at you Gauz, but people supporting the change). Gauz has brought up a good point here, one that should have been risen many many months ago had it become an issue - but we're too far along the line now to just "change" how we as a community run things. Before we would despise any team that would so much as sniff at anything other than CH tires. If anything it's as if you're all jumping on the majority band wagon, like every other internet phase.

By all means, if you want to start drifting CM, go ahead. If you want to keep drifting CH, that's fine by me. But do not try and influence these changes on others. We have been far too out of line towards people in the community before and if there should be ANY form of change happening, it should be this:

Why do we drift? Some for competition, some for fun, some purely for the social aspect it unlocks within others. We drift because it makes us happy. We enjoy new people learning to drift and teaching them our ways and watching them grow into it their own style. We are a community. We're all one big family!

I think it's time we forget all about arguing and debating this that and the next, and just enjoy what we all love.

DRIFTING

Well said!

👍

DRIFTING
^ This ^
Anyways, I didn't like the feeling of CM on my Trueno, it was very difficult toget the angle, you, CM defenders will probably say "you didn't try enough!" but I did 8 laps before giving up. I'm too used to CH maybe, but as Lazy Liquid said in another thread: "It was very stressing to take the max speeds and sacrificing the angles to maintain the correct line."

Yauma9
^ This ^
Anyways, I didn't like the feeling of CM on my Trueno, it was very difficult toget the angle, you, CM defenders will probably say "you didn't try enough!" but I did 8 laps before giving up. I'm too used to CH maybe, but as Lazy Liquid said in another thread: "It was very stressing to take the max speeds and sacrificing the angles to maintain the correct line."

But with that kind of power they don't get big angle in real life either..

Thats not a Michael Jackson song? It was Vanilla Ice :sly:

Hmmmm maybe you're right, but it was featuring Michael Jackson if I recall correctly?

This. What do you expect from a car that has less than 220 bhp when most typical drift cars have at least 400 bhp?

i'm feeling i'm losing some of my favourite CH drift buddies with this revolution.

shame to hear we'll be walking seperate paths

HKSD1
i'm feeling i'm losing some of my favourite CH drift buddies with this revolution.

shame to hear we'll be walking seperate paths

Oh please. You can drift both of them together.

This. What do you expect from a car that has less than 220 bhp when most typical drift cars have at least 400 bhp?

Well, My Trueno has 303 bhp (In my game says CV but is the same) and with CH, I get almost the same angle, slower, but the same angle that with 400ish bhp cars.

Oh please. You can drift both of them together.

Can't. Only reason I've been practicing on them, is to be less of a pain in team lobbies. Believe me, even with drifters that know their stuff irl the difference is to big, and should not have been made. This splits up the drift scene imo.

Gonales
Can't. Only reason I've been practicing on them, is to be less of a pain in team lobbies. Believe me, even with drifters that know their stuff irl the difference is to big, and should not have been made. This splits up the drift scene imo.

Imo its PD's fault. After a few updates CHs went to hell. This is the only reason why we had to switch.

Latest Posts

Back