A (small) GT5 Drifting Scene Revolution

Do you think this small revolution should happen?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
Imo its PD's fault. After a few updates CHs went to hell. This is the only reason why we had to switch.

I've actually noticed this.. When I drift on CHs now, it feels tooooo..ehh... loose I guess. You just, slide, for days with hardly any ability to maintain accurate control. Control isn't completely unreachable, but it takes awhile to get used to when I could just slap on some CMs and get a proper feel. When I first started drifting, I used CMs and I've always felt that they were better to use than CHs. It was just difficult to tell that to people when GTP was strictly CHs for comps and team reqs.

Well, My Trueno has 303 bhp (In my game says CV but is the same) and with CH, I get almost the same angle, slower, but the same angle that with 400ish bhp cars.
You must have your language setting to Spanish...

Getting back on topic, I was referring to the S.Shigeno version of the AE86 which typically gets less power than the stock version fully tuned.

Imo its PD's fault. After a few updates CHs went to hell. This is the only reason why we had to switch.

Not to disappoint some of you, but to be honest I didn't notice any change in the tyre physics :crazy: .

I've actually noticed this.. When I drift on CHs now, it feels tooooo..ehh... loose I guess. You just, slide, for days with hardly any ability to maintain accurate control. Control isn't completely unreachable, but it takes awhile to get used to when I could just slap on some CMs and get a proper feel. When I first started drifting, I used CMs and I've always felt that they were better to use than CHs. It was just difficult to tell that to people when GTP was strictly CHs for comps and team reqs.

It seems like the only reason that people would use Comfort Hard tyres now is when they want to link really long corners now :ouch: .

It seems like the only reason that people would use Comfort Hard tyres now is when they want to link really long corners now :ouch:.

You cannot just make a statement like this, I have tried CM's in various drift lobbies and I always return to CMs.

Because there is so much argument here for CM's, you are fogetting the more than vast majority that use CH's (like myself).

Oh and please type in black, you don't have to be indie 👍

You cannot just make a statement like this, I have tried CM's in various drift lobbies and I always return to CMs.

Because there is so much argument here for CM's, you are fogetting the more than vast majority that use CH's (like myself).

Oh and please type in black, you don't have to be indie 👍

I was aware that before this thread was made, the vast majority of drifters used Comfort Hard tyres. But after this thread has been made, people are slowly shifting to Comfort Medium tyres since drifting on Comfort Hard tyres isn't what it used to be at launch.

Also, the colour that I am typing in now isn't actually indigo, it's Dark Slate Blue. It's very boring when everybody types in a black colour, just adding some variety in text colours here 👍 . I might change the colour some day though.

It's possible it's French either. the Citroen 2CV is from France, you see?

Not to disappoint some of you, but to be honest I didn't notice any change in the tyre physics :crazy: .

Neither did i. Maybe i missed it because i was getting used to the wheel when the patch came out, but... i doubt it.

It's possible it's French either. the Citroen 2CV is from France, you see?
I see what you did there... So does that mean the 2CV, as it name suggests, have 2CV / BHP? That would be hilarious.
Neither did i. Maybe i missed it because i was getting used to the wheel when the patch came out, but... i doubt it.

I don't know what it is, I don't even remember what patch caused a change in tyre physics.

I see what you did there... So does that mean the 2CV, as it name suggests, have 2CV / BHP? That would be hilarious.

I don't know what it is, I don't even remember what patch caused a change in tyre physics.

Gran Turismo 5 Update 2.05 / February 16th / 25MB

If Im right..

Or ...

Lengthy PSN Maintenance to Affect GT5′s Online Services / March 4th/5th

Gran Turismo 5 Update 2.05 / February 16th / 25MB

If Im right..

Or ...

Lengthy PSN Maintenance to Affect GT5′s Online Services / March 4th/5th
Actually they updated the tire physics with 2.0, back in 2011!

Getting back on topic, I was referring to the S.Shigeno version of the AE86 which typically gets less power than the stock version fully tuned.

Neither did I felt the change, anyways you guessed it, my language is set to Spanish, but It's really the S.Shigeno version, somehow it has more power than the normal one.

Anyways I feel a bit stupid for this, but I'm retracting, maybe CM are better, but just on 350ish+ cars. Enough grip and more speed.

First of all; i read the first page then skipped it all.. So sorry if i post some useless point that someone else allready made.

I feel that if you want to drift CM, or any other type of tyre for that matter, you should go ahead and drift that type of tyre. But dont ask/tell/vote for the community to HAVE TO use a certain type of tyre.. Let people do what they want. If we all want to drift CM; your "revolution" will be a fact..

Ive tried drifting CM and i understand what you mean. It does provide more realistic (atleast in what i expect to be realistic) drifting. But the car, and tune needs to be able to handle it.

I keep my CM's only on certain cars, and i use them when other people are also on them or simply to fast for me to keep up with..

Off topic @ Kingklick; Had fun in your lobby some days ago; i just hate those toscane/ Mt Aso tracks. I can never see any of the corners due to bumbercam 4 life!!

I'm a bit like you. My little drift missiles run on CH tyres because I feel thats the kind of tyre a car like that would use e.g. worn out street radials. My competition cars however have CM tunes as well because in reality that is the type of tyre a car like that would use.

and tune needs to be able to handle it.

This happened to me, couple of my cars felt weird since they were tuned for CH, but it was an easy fix, just opened another tune page & modified the tune a bit. Most of my cars have a CH tune & a CM tune on them.

for me i think comfort soft are the most realistic tires.
it gives enough grip to drive normal and still its easy to drift with, i think CS should be the competitive drift tires because CH is ****ing ridicilous its not realistic and it is sloppy as hell

edit: If you buy the er34 blitz D1 drift (premium) car you'll see it got CS tires on it because they use them in real life to

Last edited:
for me i think comfort soft are the most realistic tires.
it gives enough grip to drive normal and still its easy to drift with, i think CS should be the competitive drift tires because CH is ****ing ridicilous its not realistic and it is sloppy as hell

edit: If you buy the er34 blitz D1 drift (premium) car you'll see it got CS tires on it because they use them in real life to

This thread is about CM & CH. Stick to the topic.

BTW, a lot of cars have CS when you buy them. Doesn't mean anything.

Moderator please lock this thread. What had to be said has been said and there was enough senseless argueing already.

Back