A-spec Beginner Level Compact Car Challenge: Streets of Willow Springs

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 28 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginner Level Compact Car Challenge: Streets of Willow Springs

A-spec #30 Beginner Level Compact Car Challenge @ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg

A-spec [#30] Beginner Level Compact Car Challenge @ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This looks fun but willow springs again? ugh :rolleyes:

EDIT: Did as Saber did and went super compact, turned all aids off and drifted my way to a win. alot of fun.

15avef.jpg

Last edited:
ewww this.... hateful track

I used an Alpine 310 which is a horrible handing car but the only one I had that fit the criteria.

And Oh what a terrible prize... come on

Went for the '11 Clio and added some ballast at the front to get down to 400PP, and to improve the traction. Not my favourite location. May be going with the Expert race this time for some cash...

Easy win with my Cappuccino. Love this race.
Edit: Just did it again with a 350PP Mini Cooper 1.3i. Barely edged out the lead NC MX-5 for the win.
IydaSYQ.jpg

Last edited:
Tried a stock Cube (on CM), managed 4th - guess it wasn't beefy enough :dopey:. It might be ok with just a close ratio gearbox.

On the other hand this track was made for the Mini Marcos. I used my 400pp setup but with stock power and weight, and CM. So much fun I ran the race three times.

I had a great time with this one, the best of this group of challenges IMO. I used my Elise '11, which is fantastic for this track. It's tuned for HP rather than torque for this application, and is a blast to drive.

Elise%2011.jpg

Easy win with my '90 CRX. It was actually kind of fun just zig-zagging through traffic.

Made it with the gift, Toyota Vitz. Stock, just added front and rear aero to make her look naughty :lol:. And ciao, in the stockyard.

Comfortable win in the Abarth 500 that I won from the first Sierra event.

Can't say I'm a fan of this track - too tight and twisty for my tastes. Plus, the sunlight seems excessively bright, much more than on the big track. Must be the time of day.

I don't like the track, but it's nice with these cars. I do end up cutting corners too much while overtaking though.

I used the Alfa Romeo MiTO 1.4T Sport '09, which is the car prize that I won by completing all Golds on B License. I won the race easily, without any problems.

Love this race! Ran it many times with various PP cars, especially loved watching the replays of the older cars leaning so far over whilst cornering.

A fully power tuned Honda Z-Act, with stock suspension was a blast! Do it! And then watch that roll in the replay.

Anyone else experiencing choppiness/frame dropping on this event, especially the last few corners?

Comfortable win in the Abarth 500 that I won from the first Sierra event.

Can't say I'm a fan of this track - too tight and twisty for my tastes. Plus, the sunlight seems excessively bright, much more than on the big track. Must be the time of day.

I don't like the track, but it's nice with these cars. I do end up cutting corners too much while overtaking though.

I've never been a fan of this track in GT6. Besides Seasonal Events where I must drive on this track, I've probably only loaded it up for recreational driving three or four times. However, I am beginning to enjoy it more - at least with lower powered cars - thanks to this event. I want to love this track, seeing how it is used so often for hot laps by the magazines (Randy Pobst has set many records here). I think I've tripled my previous total amount of time spent on Streets of Willow just from this Seasonal Event.

EDIT: Oops! I forgot to mention that my last win was with the Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07 (5:13.594) with its stock Comfort Medium tires and 332pp. I did install a custom suspension with settings taken from Exeter GT Tuning's Vitz Tune. Everything else was stock...and slow. :lol:

Last edited:
Back