• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 9 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
A-spec Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit

01-BrandsMenu.jpg

Period of Availability:
07/24/2014 - 08/07/2014, 3:00 GMT
(Click here to convert to your local time).

Single Race:

Duration, 5 Laps.
PP: 500, Tires: SH or less.
Nitrous cannot be installed.
Eligible Cars, Normal Car.

Typical Opponents:
Tommykaira ZZ-S '00
BMW Z8 '01
Jaguar XKR R Performance '02

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.25,000
Silver: Cr.30,000
Gold Cr.50,000 + GT GUNMETAL 002-C paint chip.

SRF is optional.

Course Conditions:

Time, 13:01.
Precipitation, 0%.
Track: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, rolling start.

BrandsHatchGPC5LTrack.jpg

Tunes:

KTM X-Bow Street '12 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Mitsubishi Gallant 2.0 DOHC Turbo VR-4 '89 - @Johnnypenso - Penso's Garage

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP may not be updated daily between 7:00 and 19:00 GMT/UTC.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my -7:00 GMT/UTC time zone.

-----------------------------------------
When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.
-Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
A quick run in a tuned 420pp Datsun 510 Bluebird was easy enough, just had to watch out for the rabbit TVR - took him on lap 4 but he came up very fast towards the S/F line. At the easy level though they don't like to overtake :lol:.

With some talk of ABS 0 versus ABS 1 over in the Tuning Forum/FITT thread, I thought I'd try an easy car/race with no ABS. I used to drive a lot without in GT5 but had not yet tried in GT6. Changed BB to 4/2 from 5/5 and went for a spin (using DS3 triggers).

Inevitably locked up in the first couple of corners, but soon got into it and was actually faster than my first attempt. I think I'll be doing more no ABS driving.

I tried a run in a stock (with SH/ adjusted BB) 1970 Mitsubishi Galant GTO proved fruitless with a 6th place - way too sluggish, but should be doable with minor power upgrades and gearbox. I can't believe the stock gear ratios are correct - huge gap between 2nd and 3rd :boggled:.

A quick run in a tuned 420pp Datsun 510 Bluebird was easy enough, just had to watch out for the rabbit TVR - took him on lap 4 but he came up very fast towards the S/F line. At the easy level though they don't like to overtake :lol:.

With some talk of ABS 0 versus ABS 1 over in the Tuning Forum/FITT thread, I thought I'd try an easy car/race with no ABS. I used to drive a lot without in GT5 but had not yet tried in GT6. Changed BB to 4/2 from 5/5 and went for a spin (using DS3 triggers).

Inevitably locked up in the first couple of corners, but soon got into it and was actually faster than my first attempt. I think I'll be doing more no ABS driving.

I tried a run in a stock (with SH/ adjusted BB) 1970 Mitsubishi Galant GTO proved fruitless with a 6th place - way too sluggish, but should be doable with minor power upgrades and gearbox. I can't believe the stock gear ratios are correct - huge gap between 2nd and 3rd :boggled:.

Try this tune by Penso's Garage for the Galant. Awesome little car...

I always start with my tuned 111R just to get the lay of the land and then spend the rest of the day trying out other cars in my garage. One that I had never driven until today and fell in love with untuned is the Subaru S206 Challenge Package '12.

small wishlist: when people here submit their stories, may you please post your:

1) best lap time: and in each car that you (like to) use
2) approximate average or consistent laptime
3) your goal, what you want to achieve as laptime.
4) list the only aid(s) that you enable.

currently , I am just toying with various cars, and my best so far is 50.200 s laptime in an RGT.
I haven't yet tried an xbow, but I know it will dominate,
recently whipped out a Ruf 3400s, and didn't have time to finish the 5laps (life called) but I sensed I was on my way with sub 49s times in it. No driving aids, it's just what I choose always.
If I can disable ABS in my real cars, I would.
some cars are really more suitable for this track, where brute power isn't the answer! I am discovering this more and more. cars I thought would match or challenge my RGT time, actually came in 5% slower!

thanks for sharing across the board!

Re-visited this today, with a Honda FIT on CS. The one you get when you start the game :sly:

My goal was to see if the stock FIT could win :D Which I couldn't quite manage, but a small upgrade to 370PP via intake tuning and weight out got me from bronze to gold. I think times were around 1.02 but it understeered quite a lot. Repeated afterwards with a stock Clio RS and got in the 59s.

Back