• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 31 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
A-spec Beginner Level Non-Race Challenge: Silverstone National Circuit

Silverstone.jpg

Period of Availability:
07/10/2014 - 07/24/2014, 3:00 GMT
(Click here to convert to your local time).

Single Race:
Duration, 5 Minute(s).
PP: 500 , Tires: SH or less.
Nitrous cannot be installed.
Eligible Cars, Normal Car.

Typical Opponents:
Tommykaira ZZ-S '00
BMW Z8 '01
Jaguar XKR R Performance '02

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.27,000
Silver: Cr.33,000
Gold Cr.55,000 + GT GREY 009-N paint chip.

SRF is optional.

Course Conditions:

Time, 09:30.
Precipitation, 0%.
Track: Silverstone National Circuit, rolling start.

SilverstoneNationalCircuitTrack5M.jpg

Tunes:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 • @praiano63 - Praiano GT6 Tunes

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 • @shaunm80Exeter GT Tuning

KTM X-BOW Street '12 • @shaunm80Exeter GT Tuning

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP may not be updated daily between 7:00 and 19:00 GMT/UTC.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my -7:00 GMT/UTC time zone.

-----------------------------------------
Lap of Silverstone National Circuit in Caterham

-----------------------------------------
When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.
-Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
I was trying to make this one challenging since the other races was so easy by beating this race with a a110 15th anniversary edition and I still won with no problem. So, It would be possible to beat this race with a fiat 500(the newer ones) if you fully tune it.

Last edited:
Megane RS Trophy '11 with a last turn sloppy win, BMW rabbit really sped up in minute 4, good thing we had another whole lap extra time.

Used the Tesla Roadster completely stock for this one - was fun sliding it round the corners, but the AI were right on my back when I got in front - though late braking kept them at bay.

Another A Spec Seasonal where a great variety of cars are capable of fighting for the win. Other cars I have used to win so far are the BMW M3 Chrome Line and a KTM X-BOW tuned at 500PP with SH tyres.

I like the tracks that PD have given us this time around, something new and something old. Laguna Seca on SM tyres is a lot of fun!

Hi, I used the BMW Z4 M coupe.
Got the Ruff for a rabbit leader, this was so easy, i goofed around, zigzagging around the track for fun.
You can see my lap at my youtube account (dddsprayshop)
And no, this is not an attempt to get subscribers.
I'm a bad driver, there are much better drivers on youtube.

greetz.

Used a stock 3000GT, the RUF RGT was pretty quick on the straights but the AI tends to go sideways a lot. Close but not difficult as I didn't really try that hard.

Beginner AI, hmmm....

I get out my trusty Lotus Elise 111R '04 and smash the field.:guilty:

After the race, the 12th/last place car, a Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 is being shown a lap down, even though I didn't pass him (I can't drive the Elise that fast:)), I wonder why, so I take a look at the replay and see that the Cobra didn't finish his 4th lap until just after the 5 minute mark. So his race was over at the end of lap # 4, and when he began his 5th lap (like the rest of us), he got speed limited to 50mph. So not only was he in last place during lap # 5, he couldn't even keep his foot into it, so he fell further and further behind the rest of the field.:ouch::lol:

Interesting.....

So I change cars and get out my Nissan GTR Vspec R34, and give it a 500PP tune.

Back to the Silverstone track for another race against a grid being led by a Motor Sport Elise.

On lap # 1 and lap # 2, I push hard and drive thru the field and reach 1st place.:)

At the beginning of lap # 3, I block the entire field.:mischievous:

I continue to block the field during lap # 4 until just before the final couple of corners, when I finally give the AI a break, so I get back on the throttle and leave them in my dust.:)

I begin lap # 5 at the 4 minute and 58 second mark and check my mirrors.

The entire field doesn't make it to the end of their lap # 4 until just after the 5 minute mark is reached.:P, so they cross the S/F line and begin lap # 5, and they all throttle back to 50mph.:lol::D

I slow down to 25mph and have some tea.:cheers:

The entire field slowly catches me and motors on past me at a speed limited 50mph.:eek:

At the end of lap # 5, after a 2 minute and 14 second lap, I cross the S/F line behind the entire field and take the WIN!!!:D:)

The finishing grid shows the following:
------------------------------------------
1) GTsail -------- 7:12.735
2) BTR 86 ------- 5:00.058
3) Speed 6 ------ 5:00.897
4) Elise ---------- 5:02.413
5) BMW Z8 ------ 5:02.736
6) Esprit V8 ----- 5:03.153
7) ZZ-S '00 ----- 5:03.357

I wonder if I had pulled over and stopped, and allowed the AI to continue to lap the track, whether they would eventually run out of fuel or tires, and would have had to pit.:lol:

Great fun!
GTsail

Last edited:
Nice and easy *special race event* - well done PD for those of us that do not have time to play "race" with GT6 that much. Although these latest special race events will entice me for a little while to play more often and try out a few more cars.

These beginner level races are so easy that it might be better to post the cars that you can't win with. Would be fun for others to try them as well.

I love this race. I won with about 20 cars so far and have about 80 more cars to enter this race with. I've lost twice with a prowler and cobra r, but reran both and won. To me this race lets you gage your cars, but it's just my opinion. One mans garbage is another one's treasure.

This race shows some very strange AI behaviour. In the first lap the AI ist extremly slow. As already pointed out it is possible to take get in front of the field in lap 1. But it seems that the AI then realizes how fast you are and increases their speed - check the lap times in replay! The differences between AI lap times in lap 1 and lap 3 to 5 can be dramaticly.

Not bad little race, AI, very odd. But have found if give them bit of room and not to knock into them, they leave you alone.

This race shows some very strange AI behaviour. In the first lap the AI ist extremly slow. As already pointed out it is possible to take get in front of the field in lap 1. But it seems that the AI then realizes how fast you are and increases their speed - check the lap times in replay! The differences between AI lap times in lap 1 and lap 3 to 5 can be dramaticly.

It's not just this one - it's the same on all of the A-Spec races.

Beginner AI, hmmm....

I get out my trusty Lotus Elise 111R '04 and smash the field.:guilty:

After the race, the 12th/last place car, a Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 is being shown a lap down, even though I didn't pass him (I can't drive the Elise that fast:)), I wonder why, so I take a look at the replay and see that the Cobra didn't finish his 4th lap until just after the 5 minute mark. So his race was over at the end of lap # 4, and when he began his 5th lap (like the rest of us), he got speed limited to 50mph. So not only was he in last place during lap # 5, he couldn't even keep his foot into it, so he fell further and further behind the rest of the field.:ouch::lol:

Interesting.....

So I change cars and get out my Nissan GTR Vspec R34, and give it a 500PP tune.

Back to the Silverstone track for another race against a grid being led by a Motor Sport Elise.

On lap # 1 and lap # 2, I push hard and drive thru the field and reach 1st place.:)

At the beginning of lap # 3, I block the entire field.:mischievous:

I continue to block the field during lap # 4 until just before the final couple of corners, when I finally give the AI a break, so I get back on the throttle and leave them in my dust.:)

I begin lap # 5 at the 4 minute and 58 second mark and check my mirrors.

The entire field doesn't make it to the end of their lap # 4 until just after the 5 minute mark is reached.:P, so they cross the S/F line and begin lap # 5, and they all throttle back to 50mph.:lol::D

I slow down to 25mph and have some tea.:cheers:

The entire field slowly catches me and motors on past me at a speed limited 50mph.:eek:

At the end of lap # 5, after a 2 minute and 14 second lap, I cross the S/F line behind the entire field and take the WIN!!!:D:)

The finishing grid shows the following:
------------------------------------------
1) GTsail -------- 7:12.735
2) BTR 86 ------- 5:00.058
3) Speed 6 ------ 5:00.897
4) Elise ---------- 5:02.413
5) BMW Z8 ------ 5:02.736
6) Esprit V8 ----- 5:03.153
7) ZZ-S '00 ----- 5:03.357

I wonder if I had pulled over and stopped, and allowed the AI to continue to lap the track, whether they would eventually run out of fuel or tires, and would have had to pit.:lol:

Great fun!
GTsail

Funny idea

I tried the same after I saw your idea, they continue to lap the track at a speed of approx 2:10 per lap
funne result.jpg

Weirdness in this race. Played around with various cars today. Almost all races, the AI up in second or first place, "sees" me catching up, and all of a sudden takes off like we were never there,building a big lead in no time. I was only able to place second in a couple. So much for real racing. I think they need to tweak the AI.

Weirdness in this race. Played around with various cars today. Almost all races, the AI up in second or first place, "sees" me catching up, and all of a sudden takes off like we were never there,building a big lead in no time. I was only able to place second in a couple. So much for real racing. I think they need to tweak the AI.
Same for me. I like to start off with as low a PP as I can, this time I picked 410 PP and managed 2nd. OK, that seems to be the best I can get, let's see if 412 PP 'll do; 2nd again. This carries on until I use my Super MR2 (440 odd PP). First go I'm in 1st at the end of lap 2. Lap 4, Boss Mustang (the fastest rival) runs me off the road on a corner. Lap 5 (penultimate lap) the Boss catches me, ON THE STRAIGHT and nudges me enough to send me into the grass. I tried and tried various tactics, like driving in 3rd gear for the whole course, to stay back, then letting loose on the last lap but the game will only let me finish 2nd.
In the end, after hours of this, I gave up getting run off the road and put the most powerful 500 PP 4WD I have to prove that I can win.
:banghead:

Back