A-spec Expert Level MR Challenge: Autumn Ring / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 143 comments
I don't see the VW Nardo on your list? I'm thinking it can go sub 7:20. The best I've done so far is a 7:23.xxx. Give it a try... It's fast!

View attachment 314907

Yeah I don't have the car yet, I'm first getting more premium cars before I dive into standard cars. I was saving up for the Jag XJ13 Chrome Line with the credits from this event but I changed my mind, it's way too expensive for me and I am better off buying over 100 new cars instead. And that's what I did, my garage is now 286 cars in total, all premium. :) That's coming from just over 100 cars about a week ago I think, me happy! :lol: Got a lot better diversity now as well for future events so PD, bring em on! :D (but don't delete this one yet please :P)

Dang, I just ran the Nardo but didn't pay attention to my total time. I was just trying to break 1:20:00 lap time, which it did.

Cadillac Cien was quick too, just not Nardo quick. Both seemed to hold the road better than what I've used before.

As I was running my races today, it occurred to me that my goal of owning every NSX by the end of this event is not very likely to happen. Anyways, here are my times from today. The Spyker tune is by Thorin Cain.

McLaren F1 '94 - 7:22.342
Lotus Evora '09 - 7:27.070
Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04 - 7:35.116
Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 - 7:36.665
Autobacs Garaiya '02 - 7:37.303
Lotus Esprit V8 '02 - 7:39.715
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 - 7:46.562
Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99 - 7:56.118

Can somebody please explain to me why my awesome, bumble bee inspired, Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 can't catch a Zonda C12 '00? :lol:

Take notice of the beat up front end of my Autozam... Its from moving the other slower cars out of the way with my incredible, turbo-whining, 159 HP! :eek:

Snapshot_20150223_030200.jpg
Snapshot_20150223_030341.jpg

I did a search for MR cars and came across the Izuzu 4200R. I thought i haven't seen anyone use this car so I bought it. it only has 542 PP but thanks to a tune from @wutang4ever this little beauty is quite a nice car. It also has one of the best V8 growls in the game with race exhaust. I haven't come across the GT40 and the Zonda yet but it will win against everything I have come across so far. The GT40 might be a tough race but I think it will still win. I need some laps with this car as my lap times are in the 1:26's. 498 HP with 443 ft-lb of torque is not bad at all.

I did a search for MR cars and came across the Izuzu 4200R. I thought i haven't seen anyone use this car so I bought it. it only has 542 PP but thanks to a tune from @wutang4ever this little beauty is quite a nice car. It also has one of the best V8 growls in the game with race exhaust. I haven't come across the GT40 and the Zonda yet but it will win against everything I have come across so far. The GT40 might be a tough race but I think it will still win. I need some laps with this car as my lap times are in the 1:26's. 498 HP with 443 ft-lb of torque is not bad at all.

I tried it last week as well with a basic tune, time below. You should be able to beat the GT40 with it when you encounter it, I don't remember the individual lap times needed but if you overal time is 8:00 or better you should be able to beat a rubberbanding GT40. :)

7:48.537 - 542 pp - Isuzu 4200R '89

The Isuzu 4200R '89 can easily win against any field/car in this seasonal. I tried it a few times and ran 7:41-7:42. I'm sure some of the amazing drivers on this forum can run times close to the lower 7:30's in the Isuzu.

4200R.jpg

I really need to give my knees some rest from the G27 pedals so I have to pass on the urge of improving my times for now. :( But that doesn't mean I stopped doing the event. :P

First I tried to drive with the DS3 controller but that just isn't for me, I couldn't even win with the NSX Type R '02. Then I reconfigured my G27 wheel so that both sequential shifters are for braking and all 6 red buttons on the front of the wheel are for accelerating (& driving on AT). Since they are all digital inputs that means I can only go full throttle or full on the brakes but hey, it works once you get the hang of it. :) Individual lap times are about 2 seconds slower compared to when I'm driving with pedals but at least I can still do the event for the credits while my knees can rest. :)

Below is a picture of my setup on how to drive with a wheel while lying stretched out on the sofa. :) I had to adjust the angle of the Wheelstand Pro to make it comfortable. But by doing that I also needed extra counter weight to prevent it from tipping over, hence the packs of bottled water. :P That's 36 kg of ballast at -50! :)

2015-02-24%2012.16.58.jpg

Last day of this event already. :( Instead of chasing the clock to improve times, maybe try this fun setup. :)

Car:
Ford GT40 Mark I '66
Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniv '66

Settings:
Suspension: Fully customisable suspension (any tune), Racing brake kit, Any tune for brake balance
Drivetrain (transmission): Standard (very important!)
Drivetrain: Fully customisable mechanical LSD (any tune), Tripple-plate clutch kit
Power: Limiter at 100%, Engine stage 2, Standard computer, Semi-racing exhaust (very important!), Isometric exhaust manifold, Standard catalytic converter, Standard intake, No turbo
Body: No weight balance, Body stage 3, Window weight reduction.

Pit Service:
Oil change
Improve body rigity or not doesn't matter

Camera:
I prefer either chase camera or bonnet camera

Driving style:
Try to avoid skidding or sliding through corners this time, keep the tires as silent as possible!

Environment:
Lower the volume of in-game music while driving if you have that on.
Make sure your sound output is loud! :)

The result is one mad loud V8 engine that roars in the low rev zone a lot of times due to this track layout and still wins the event easily for the 332K credits. Enjoy!

Last edited:
As of right now, I'm only running the Nardo, trying to make up for the time that PSN wasn't working for me. The only new cars that I have run since my last post were the Jaguar XJ220, which ran a 7:24.075, and the 2011 Lotus Elise, which ran a 7:40.062.

As of right now, I'm only running the Nardo, trying to make up for the time that PSN wasn't working for me. The only new cars that I have run since my last post were the Jaguar XJ220, which ran a 7:24.075, and the 2011 Lotus Elise, which ran a 7:40.062.

Ooh the Elise '11 was so much fun as well. :)

I had my last races in the early AM today. I was able to win against the GT40 and the Zonda with my Izuzu 4200R. It was the closest race out of all the cars I used. Only beat the GT40 by 0.231. It was also the only time that the GT40 gave me his front bumper as is it stayed very close to me for the complete lap 5. It hit me in the last corner going onto the straight to the finish line but I managed to keep it together for the win. I wish now I had saved the replay but I was just happy to have won it. The best car for me was the '04 Elise 111R with a tune from @praiano63 from the Archives. I think I won over 5 million credits from this one race. I know it was enough to buy 5 new cars and completely max out every car in my garage, plus buy another 15 for just the paint chips and still ended with 50 million credits. I can only hope the next ones are this much fun. Maybe we'll get update 1.16 so we can race at Midfield.

I just ran my GSX-R for about an hour and a half straight. During that run, I managed to set a new personal best for this race with a 7:12.700. I don't know exactly how much I made, but I was able to purchase about 20 touring cars, and I was able to restore the chassis for my 787B, which was used heavily in the Daytona seasonal. It's been fun talking here, but now it's on to the Nurburgring (which has a higher payout, by the way).

Nice to hear the Nurburgring event has a higher payout! I haven't tried it yet, been driving some laps with the new MINI VGT at the new Mid-Field raceway and that was incredably fun! Also been messing around with B-spec a bit but from first impressions it's disappointing compared to how it was in GT5.

While in a way I really dislike seeing this autumn ring event disappear, I think it was about time to move on as well since I really started missing to drive all the non-MR cars or race cars in my garage. :)

Since autumn ring reverse is not in career mode I believe and I haven't played anything beyond career mode or seasonals since the end of january 2015 I think it's safe to assume my previous mileage on that track was exactly 0 kms. And now I got this: :)

2015-02-26%2012.55.57.jpg

Some quick math:
autumn ring reverse track length = 2950 m
number of laps driven = 3346000 / 2950 = 1134 laps!
number of event finishes = 1134 / 5 laps = 227 finishes
amount of credits gained = 227 x 332K = 75313K credits or just over 75 million credits :P

Now this is assuming I won every single race which isn't the case, but I didn't loose all that much either. I also aborted the race a couple of times during lap 1 so I don't know if that also counts towards distance driven. But I think I can safely assume that I've gotten around 70 mill credits from this event alone.

1134 laps gee, no wonder my knees started hurting. Definately going to take it a bit slower again with the new events.

...But I think I can safely assume that I've gotten around 70 mill credits from this event alone.

1134 laps gee, no wonder my knees started hurting. Definately going to take it a bit slower again with the new events.

:lol: You're hard-core, dude! :cheers:

Hardcore newbie then as I didn't play between December 2013 and January 2015, and I'm a reckless driver on AT with many assists on. :P Mostly just rushing through the game catching up on filling my garage but at some point I will start playing MT and without asists, I'm sure it will be more fun. Those beginner seasonal races might actually be a good place to start. :P

Hardcore newbie then as I didn't play between December 2013 and January 2015, and I'm a reckless driver on AT with many assists on. :P Mostly just rushing through the game catching up on filling my garage but at some point I will start playing MT and without asists, I'm sure it will be more fun. Those beginner seasonal races might actually be a good place to start. :P

Once you get used to no aids (except ABS1) & MT, you'll never go back. :) Especially with a wheel... 👍

Once you get used to no aids (except ABS1) & MT, you'll never go back. :) Especially with a wheel... 👍

Well I gave it a try last week, but then I turned off every assist at once, switched to cockpit view and at the same time went to MT as well, it was fun but a bit much at once so I better do it step by step. :) The sequential shifter behind the wheel was very much doable but when I tried the H-shifter I often mis-shifted because you really need to press that shifter pedal on the G27 in deep for the game to accept it, resulting in either really slow shifts or mis-shifts. :( And doing that felt awkward compared to my RL driving experience, I've been driving MT cars for 20 years and done many kms on the road as well for my job. But I left it at that since I wanted to focus more the autumn reverse event while it lasted.

Ultimately my goal would be to drive as authentic as possible, meaning using cockpit view in all cars, no assists, turning off what I can from the HUD and then either use MT H-shifter, MT sequential shifter or AT depending on how the car is in real life. Things like ABS and TC should then be on or off depending on whether a car has it or not. I'm a big fan of the classic cars, especially the American ones so for driving these it's easy, everything off and H-shifter. :) But for fast race cars or to be competitive at some events I think road/bonnet camera and HUD on are a must.

Last edited:
Well I gave it a try last week, but then I turned off every assist at once, switched to cockpit view and at the same time went to MT as well, it was fun but a bit much at once so I better do it step by step. :) The sequential shifter behind the wheel was very much doable but when I tried the H-shifter I often mis-shifted because you really need to press that shifter pedal on the G27 in deep for the game to accept it, resulting in either really slow shifts or mis-shifts. :( And doing that felt awkward compared to my RL driving experience, I've been driving MT cars for 20 years and done many kms on the road as well for my job. But I left it at that since I wanted to focus more the autumn reverse event while it lasted.

I use the paddle shifters since my real life car is a Polo GTI & I drive it in that mode most of the time. (Except in heavy traffic, obviously...)

Back