A-spec Expert Level MR Challenge: Autumn Ring / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 104 comments
PP497 MG TF 160. Cockpit race on replay view. Tune by me. No aids. Clean race. Fast lap 1:24.632. At the start of lap 2 there is a left and right turn and I lost control of the MG but was able to recover without hitting the wall. Later on lap 5 I was behind the Ford GT 40 just after the start/finish line and at the same spot the GT40 lost control hit hard on the wall and came back on track and speared my MG in the rear quarter panel (see picture below) but I was able to retain control and why the winning margin of 07.669 over the GT40. This was the lowest PP497 win at Autumn Ring for me.

never mind, I made a mistake. A lot of people ran stock cars some against the fastest rabbit which is the GT40 I believe. So without going to every dealership and looking at PP for each stock car I have no idea who had the lowest PP win against the GT40.

Last edited:
i made a mistake. Please disregard this post
At PP490 with the MGTF160 I just ran down the GT40 and passed it just after the start/finish line(same place that he speared me in the video above). Fast lap 1:24.090.00.897 over the GT40. Looks like this MG has a lot left as far as lowering the PP.Thank you as it was your suggestion to try the MG in the first place @Racin510s :cheers:

I ran the '03 MG TF160 at 400 PP and won but the GT40 was not in the race. Page 2 post #59. I did not cut any corners but did have contact with the 4th-6th place cars. If there was penalties I would not have finished in 1st place. I didn't have enough power to pass on the outside so they got the chrome horn. The aids I used were TC3, ABS 4 and active steering on Strong. Even when my DFGT was working I used ABS 4 and my brake balance is at 10/10. I adjust rear toe and LSD Brake Sensitivity to compensate.

I ran the '03 MG TF160 at 400 PP and won but the GT40 was not in the race. Page 2 post #59. I did not cut any corners but did have contact with the 4th-6th place cars. If there was penalties I would not have finished in 1st place. I didn't have enough power to pass on the outside so they got the chrome horn. The aids I used were TC3, ABS 4 and active steering on Strong. Even when my DFGT was working I used ABS 4 and my brake balance is at 10/10. I adjust rear toe and LSD Brake Sensitivity to compensate.
I won at 400 with the MG TF but if this was an SCCA race I would have been suspended for a year:lol:.

I won at 400 with the MG TF but if this was an SCCA race I would have been suspended for a year:lol:.

Yep me too.:lol::lol: I tried for about a lap and a half to get past 4-6th. All of the passing lines I have used were being blocked by the AI.:banghead: So I drove deeper into the turn 3 times as the AI was beginning to enter the turn then Left Front of my car to Right Front of the AI. This race really isn't fun unless you are using 500PP or lower IMHO. The track itself is great fun from 550-650 PP. I have one more day to go before I'm back to my 200% bonus. I have bought a lots of cars that I wouldn't have with these seasonals. I had so many I had to put some in the stockyard. I just hope the stockyard bug is long dead.:cheers:

I'm trying hard to Gold both of the new Super Laps. Almost had Mount Panorama but barely touched the wall in the hard left before the :banghead: Conrod straight. I'm using the ZZ II like everyone else. I was running no wing but that will change today. I have 3 ZZ II's, 2 w/o wings and one with. The one that has the wing is a dedicated 500-550 PP car so I don't want to mess with the tune on that one.

PP400 Lotus Elise 111R. Cockpit Race. Tune by Lotus. Clean Race. No aids. Fast lap 1:26.645. Pass for the win over the Lamborghini Coutach LP400 on lap 5 that went back and force with the Lambo with paint. Great last lap. Winning margin 00.456. Tons of fun.

Last edited:
This seasonal is very fun and in my opinion the 450pp is the better level to race it.
You can get close competitors without overtake them 2x or 3x faster due to your too high pp or viceversa to engage a rollerball session to keep back faster cars as gt40, zonda, miura with =<400pp cars different to gsx-r and elise.

At this stage I could report wins with more than 20 different 450pp cars and still several candidate should be in my garage.
Unfortunately I've no time today to race and above all to report you all the records, tunes,... before the seasonal closure, hopefully tomorrow...

... few anticipations (max 3 races x carmodel; max 220kmh x all cars):
- Renault R80 Turbo '80 - 8:08.256 - @praiano63 tune - one of more difficult win atm
- Lancia Stratos '73 - 8:04.596 - mixed tune - always a challenge car
- Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00 - 7:58.059 - @shaunm80 tune - very funny tune with a light rear to be driven...

ciao

Last edited:
This is where I'm gonna be hanging out. I'm done with both the TT's. I don't think that any version of GT with all the diffrent things you can do has ever frustrated me so bad as the 2 TT's out now. I have run gold laps so many times I stop counting because there we all red. At Matterhorn one turn I haven't been able to get right and Bathurst heaven forbid you get close to any white line. You can't swing wide to make the entry into the first turn going up the hill. Don't even think about using the outside right of your car. Every red lap I encountered was so light, I could not feel it but my time turned my lap red. I am extremely happy that my friends have succeeded where I have failed. Today I got very angry so I don't need to put my body through that. I have the cars and I couldn't give a crap about the paint chips. It's time to play with the AI.:grumpy:

This is where I'm gonna be hanging out. I'm done with both the TT's. I don't think that any version of GT with all the diffrent things you can do has ever frustrated me so bad as the 2 TT's out now. I have run gold laps so many times I stop counting because there we all red. At Matterhorn one turn I haven't been able to get right and Bathurst heaven forbid you get close to any white line. You can't swing wide to make the entry into the first turn going up the hill. Don't even think about using the outside right of your car. Every red lap I encountered was so light, I could not feel it but my time turned my lap red. I am extremely happy that my friends have succeeded where I have failed. Today I got very angry so I don't need to put my body through that. I have the cars and I couldn't give a crap about the paint chips. It's time to play with the AI.:grumpy:
Amen good buddy!

@Racin510s .. There will be some new races to get stuck into in less than an hour.

A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka Circuit East Course
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Spa-Francorchamps
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

:D

Back