A-spec Expert Level MR Challenge: Autumn Ring / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 104 comments
No aids. Tune by me. PP546. No penalties Cockpit race on race view. Fast lap 1:22.073. Pass for the win at the start of lap 4 over the Ford GT40 Mark 1. Winning margin 02.005. When I got to the Miura P400 in P2 and the Ford GT40 they were faster than me on the straightaway so again I passed them both in the corners on lap 4. @Racin510s Thank you for your suggestions as I would have never won with the Autobacs Garaiya without your help. After looking at the list of cars that you outlined for me I purchased the Garaiya and then took the tune that I had for the Lancia Stratos and with not changes I was able to develop a super tune for the Garaiya with zero changes from what I had on the Stratos. So I am dedicating this win to you.

I have found my favorite car. The Zonda C12. I did stage 3 weight reduction, full race gearbox (no flip), racing brakes, power to 550PP. The stock suspension on this car handles like a dream. This car screams, stock exhaust note is so sweet. I'm on a mission to pay for the Muiria. The Loti were fun last night. Still have not used the Esprit V8 GT. I ran the '07 430 Scuderia from the Ascari race this morning. I am loving this Zonda and after 4 races have found my perfect line with it so until I get close to 50 mil I'm gonna run the wheels off this one.

Many thanks to my friend @skeagracing 👍👍👍👍👍, without his help I would not have learned to tune my own cars, though I'm a long way from a tune garage. Jerome ( @Jeje6410 ) my friend has the handle on tuning for these Seasonals even though he has gone onto GT Sport. Many thanks for not forgetting us back here.:cheers:

Attachments

• 20171119_114039[1].jpg
    20171119_114039[1].jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 32
  • fastest_lap[1].jpg
    fastest_lap[1].jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20171119_112830[1].jpg
    20171119_112830[1].jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 32
I have found my favorite car. The Zonda C12. I did stage 3 weight reduction, full race gearbox (no flip), racing brakes, power to 550PP. The stock suspension on this car handles like a dream. This car screams, stock exhaust note is so sweet. I'm on a mission to pay for the Muiria. The Loti were fun last night. Still have not used the Esprit V8 GT. I ran the '07 430 Scuderia from the Ascari race this morning. I am loving this Zonda and after 4 races have found my perfect line with it so until I get close to 50 mil I'm gonna run the wheels off this one.

Many thanks to my friend @skeagracing 👍👍👍👍👍, without his help I would not have learned to tune my own cars, though I'm a long way from a tune garage. Jerome ( @Jeje6410 ) my friend has the handle on tuning for these Seasonals even though he has gone onto GT Sport. Many thanks for not forgetting us back here.:cheers:

It's a pleasure for me my dear Barnabas. Thanks a lot my dear friend to continue to use these tunes. :cheers::cheers:

I'm close enough to getting back to max credits that I went and tuned the Miura. Using the Advanced Tune Finder I was surprised that I did not find many tunes for it since I have seen many people use it. I thought @Jeje6410 had one but could not find it. I went with @GhostRider65 and it is a very good tune.👍 I didn't flip the gearbox, changed the LSD brake sensitivity by 2 clicks up, increased the brakes 1 click up on the front and rear, used all of the recommended parts ended at 548 PP. I ran it against the GT40 and the Zonda C12. Wonderful tune, I could run the same line as I did with the Zonda. I do need to tweak my gearbox settings a little. Very glad I bought it, very happy with the tune and of course the win.:)

Edit: I used the Anniversary Countach tuned this time, since I already won with it almost in stock form (gearbox, brakes). This time tune by @GhostRider65, several tweaks, no flipped tranny, could run the same line as the Zonda. Fun drive. I am trying to figure out a way to record this race with my phone. Maybe I can hold it steady for 7 minutes. I hope so. I have not gone over 550 PP with any car I've used. I've made most of my credits back so I'm taking a break. I am posting too many times and I want to give some others an opportunity. I don't want to be a post hog, I just love this race. Maybe others can get ideas from the various cars I've used. Thank you to all who have given me likes.:bowdown::cheers:

Attachments

• Mirua_P400[1].jpg
    Mirua_P400[1].jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20171119_132938[1].jpg
    20171119_132938[1].jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20171119_141924[1].jpg
    20171119_141924[1].jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20171119_134358[1].jpg
    20171119_134358[1].jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Isn't it strange there are no penalties (Expert level) :confused:
The NSX LM seems to be made for this track. Hardly any breaking needed, sticky and insane lap times but actually I don't like driving prototype cars or Vision cars (Alpine Vision GT). Well I do like.. but it feels like cheating :)

NSX Type R is great too; always reliable at 500-550-580 PP races and at different types of tracks, such an allround car, the golden retriever among the cars. And I like the Esprit Sport (more than the Esprit V8) and the RX500 in this event (besides the usual suspects Zonda, Ferrari, MP4 etc.).

(Btw, nice to see the Garaiya is up and coming, I once stumbled on it by accident.The Race version isn't thát fast I believe, compared to other race cars, but the '02 normal car is amazing as mentioned above. It has glue on the tyres, or some bloke from Polyphony forgot to make some adjustments, developing the car :P )

Last edited:
Isn't it strange there are no penalties (Expert level) :confused:
The NSX LM seems to be made for this track. Hardly any breaking needed, sticky and insane lap times but actually I don't like driving prototype cars or Vision cars (Alpine Vision GT). Well I do like.. but it feels like cheating :)

NSX Type R is great too; always reliable at 500-550-580 PP races and at different types of tracks, such an allround car, the golden retriever among the cars. And I like the Esprit Sport (more than the Esprit V8) and the RX500 in this event (besides the usual suspects Zonda, Ferrari, MP4 etc.).

(Btw, nice to see the Garaiya is up and coming, I once stumbled on it by accident.The Race version isn't thát fast I believe, compared to other race cars, but the '02 normal car is amazing as mentioned above. It has glue on the tyres, or some bloke from Polyphony forgot to make some adjustments, developing the car :P )
@JR_Lebowski Yes, somebody forgot for sure:lol:!!

We can all thank @ishikawa2501 for the Garaiya. He mentioned the vanilla version and I went and bought it and ran it. Amazing car.

@nowcontrol, do you have a tune for the Miura? @GhostRider65 is a very good tune. Just wondering as that seems like a lot of ballast. Not knocking it, just curious.👍 Reread what you posted. I'm thinking 900KG of ballast when the max is 200. Too early in the morning sorry.

Last edited:
We can all thank @ishikawa2501 for the Garaiya. He mentioned the vanilla version and I went and bought it and ran it. Amazing car.

@nowcontrol, do you have a tune for the Miura? @GhostRider65 is a very good tune. Just wondering as that seems like a lot of ballast. Not knocking it, just curious.👍 Reread what you posted. I'm thinking 900KG of ballast when the max is 200. Too early in the morning sorry.
@Racin510s I will email you my tune for the Miura and you will be riding on rails for sure.

I ran the stock Miura this morning against the Ford and Zonda and another Miura... No problem really. I say try it stock before you go tweaking on it.

@coryclifford, since I no longer have a wheel run AT with a DS3 and use the D-pad for steering. If my DFGT was still working I would do the same. I ran others stock only with the gearbox change because of the long throw and high speed final drive. I'm not saying you are untruthful but would you post some pictures of at least one of the completely stock cars you have used in this event. Also what wheel do you use? I know you are fast. I have seen you in the top ten in the Super Laps. Maybe I can learn something.:cheers:

I found an '04 Acura NSX that at least had a good FG. With automatic on a DS3 I almost caught P1 & P2. If I had been able to shift I would not have lost, but this a full stock car. These pictures are what I meant. Please understand I'm not trying to cause an issue. Like I said I know you are fast. If I could have used a manual transmission I would have won this race. Those 3 seconds are the result of the transmission. I thought with a 4.062 FG I had a chance but they pulled away one we made the left turn onto the finish straight.

Attachments

• 20171120_145751[1].jpg
    20171120_145751[1].jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171120_145400[1].jpg
    20171120_145400[1].jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20171120_145504[1].jpg
    20171120_145504[1].jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20171120_145552[1].jpg
    20171120_145552[1].jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171120_145621[1].jpg
    20171120_145621[1].jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20171120_145651[1].jpg
    20171120_145651[1].jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171120_145609[1].jpg
    20171120_145609[1].jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171120_145552[1].jpg
    20171120_145552[1].jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171120_145621[1].jpg
    20171120_145621[1].jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
View attachment 692672 View attachment 692674 View attachment 692675

All stock. TCS off and ABS 1

I use a well worn, used G27. Used to use a used DFGT for a while. Used to be a two sticks user for 15 years. So, relatively new to wheels for games.

Would you be willing to use any of these or the NSX I used and run the race with automatic? I still realize you have better steering control and throttle control with the wheel. I am just wondering if it is the transmission alone that makes the car slower. It was equal through all the turns, only on the straight could they get away. I use TCS 3-5 if SRF is forced off, active steering strong, steering sensitivty +4 on the DS3 and ABS 4 because I wait as late as possible to brake. This is what I learned at the Skip Barber Racing School back in the mid '70's.:cheers:

If not that's OK. I'm just trying to learn. I maybe an old dog but I'd still like to learn new tricks.:lol: Same car just the race gearbox. Different field too. I'll try and get the same line up and do it again. No other changes to the car

Attachments

• 20171120_153506[1].jpg
    20171120_153506[1].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Speaking of using a DS3.....

500PP (was already tuned in my garage), DS3, ABS / TC 1 (all else off), laying down on the couch...

View attachment 692754

Been using a wheel for about 10 months but still head to the controller if I can’t be fagged setting it up.....

Well done Mate. 👍👍 That must of been quite a drive as close as P2 was to you. I don't know why PD didn't put an option so you could share replays. They allow the top 10 in the Super Laps why not the Seasonal Races. I made an attempt to record one of my replays with my phone but couldn't hold it steady. Been trying to come up with a little rig to hold my Galaxy. :cheers:

This win I am very proud of. '73 Lancia Stratos with @praiano63 tune modified by me to 500 PP. I had to tweak the rear toe, increase the brake sensitivity +2 to compensate for my brake balance. I used my own transmission settings. Did a 360 on the 2nd turn and still managed the win. I caught the Zonda on the last right before the left that leads to the finish.

Attachments

• 20171120_182303[1].jpg
    20171120_182303[1].jpg
    64 KB · Views: 31
  • 20171120_182154[1].jpg
    20171120_182154[1].jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Come on! and I thought that the Garaiya was on everybody's minds, how could this be? :embarrassed:
The Garaiya GT300 isnt as fast because its tuned with high camber angles, I remember the stock back camber is 3.5 and the front one is like 2-2.5. So they trade (heavily) on maneuverability vs accel. It was until recently that I got enough experience to "tame" the GT300 version and be able to win with it on the Madrid seasonal.
I guess this stock settings allow for easy "coasting" in game but I saw somewhere that coasting IRL burns the clutch I try to minimize it so I find difficult to drive potent cars with high cambers.

Started the day with the '02 Lotus Esprit V8. 567 PP with tune from a friend. Very fun race with the GT40. Played with AI on the last lap but did not hit him he rear ended me very hard going up the hill toward the left that is the short straight. Fast lap was a 1:21 something.

Edit: This was an exciting race. I wasn't sure if I could maintain my clean laps and trying to do so almost cost me the race. I managed to out brake the Muira on the left before the front straight & start/finish line. You'll see my time.

I still think the win in the Stratos was my best race of them all. @praiano63 submitted this tune in the Difficult Car Challenge a couple of years ago. I have not driven it since then either.

Attachments

• 20171121_125945[1].jpg
    20171121_125945[1].jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20171121_130007[1].jpg
    20171121_130007[1].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Esprit_V8[1].jpg
    Esprit_V8[1].jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20171121_143815[1].jpg
    20171121_143815[1].jpg
    60 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171121_143557[1].jpg
    20171121_143557[1].jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Started the day with the '02 Lotus Esprit V8. 567 PP with tune from a friend. Very fun race with the GT40. Played with AI on the last lap but did not hit him he rear ended me very hard going up the hill toward the left that is the short straight. Fast lap was a 1:21 something.
Your friends at Lotus Cars U.K.:cheers:

This is another win that I am proud of thanks to my friends at Lotus. Tweaked to set with the knowledge I learned from Lotus. This race also brought me back to maxed out credits. I rear ending the 3rd place car just coming out of the right just beyond the start/finish line. There was nothing I could do as I had the brakes locked down and was sliding. It cost me time so I do not consider it a non clean lap.

Attachments

• 20171121_153156[1].jpg
    20171121_153156[1].jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20171121_150918[1].jpg
    20171121_150918[1].jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 26
Well done Mate. 👍👍 That must of been quite a drive as close as P2 was to you. I don't know why PD didn't put an option so you could share replays. They allow the top 10 in the Super Laps why not the Seasonal Races. I made an attempt to record one of my replays with my phone but couldn't hold it steady. Been trying to come up with a little rig to hold my Galaxy. :cheers:

This win I am very proud of. '73 Lancia Stratos with @praiano63 tune modified by me to 500 PP. I had to tweak the rear toe, increase the brake sensitivity +2 to compensate for my brake balance. I used my own transmission settings. Did a 360 on the 2nd turn and still managed the win. I caught the Zonda on the last right before the left that leads to the finish.

Thanks buddy. It appears a little closer that it was for the last lap or so as I slowed down a little taking the last corner and the Ford caught up on the home straight too.

I tried capturing a lap I did with my phone of the Mobil 1 using a DS3 at the last Leguna TT a few months ago. File was too big to upload. Tried doing it at the lowest resolution also but no cigar...the lap was only 1:18 or so, ended up posted a pic of smoking tyres instead :D

:cheers:

Thanks buddy. It appears a little closer that it was for the last lap or so as I slowed down a little taking the last corner and the Ford caught up on the home straight too.

I tried capturing a lap I did with my phone of the Mobil 1 using a DS3 at the last Leguna TT a few months ago. File was too big to upload. Tried doing it at the lowest resolution also but no cigar...the lap was only 1:18 or so, ended up posted a pic of smoking tyres instead :D

@phineas777 I really appreciate knowing that. 👍 Were you trying to upload to YouTube or to :gtplanet:. I apologize if that seems like a dumb question. :) My Galaxy records as a MP4. Is that the same as your phone? I have noticed that the pictures I take are kinda big files. There are many sites that I have to resize my photos to be able to upload them. Can't imagine how big and 8 minute MP4 would be. Probably a bunch of gigs. I built my PC as a digital recording studio for the music I play. Once recorded I have to decode the file and change the format to upload. I don't know if MPEG is different than MP4. I do know that one is very compressed.

On topic, the 68 Lotus Europa S.2 I ran in my last race I tried to do the same thing but that Zonda is really fast. I had to get in his line to keep the win. You still did a good job my friend. :cheers:

@Racin510s, narh it was straight to here. I’m not into mucking around much with this sort of thing.....if it works then great, if not then so be it. I take pics with my iphone to paste here. Besides cropping them to cut out my tv, my foot etc, I don’t do anything else.

Hmm, not really a fan of the Europa. Maybe I’m less tolerant, not as good a driver or more likely both :lol:. So I think you’ve done a great job.

No aids. Tune by me with help from Lotus Cars U.K. Cockpit race on replay view. Fast lap 1:24.084. Pass for the win over the GT40 at the start of lap 5. Winning margin 00.625. I could not shake the GT40 and why the close winning margin.

@JR_Lebowski Yes, somebody forgot for sure:lol:!!
Or he's an Autobacs employee :)

The Garaiya GT300 isnt as fast because its tuned with high camber angles, I remember the stock back camber is 3.5 and the front one is like 2-2.5. So they trade (heavily) on maneuverability vs accel.
Ah right, thanks, clever thinking. That explains why the ARTA '08 (same as GT300 base model I guess) was slower than other race cars at Madrid. I usually don't adjust the camber angle that often, but mainly the toe angle, for example to reduce FF understeer and to take corners more sharp (all drivetrains, like the Saleen S7: not very maneuverable stock setting). i will try it :cheers:

Speaking of using a DS3.....
580PP on this track is killing my left thumb 👍

Use the Nissan R390 GT1... very very stable platform that feels detuned at 580pp.
Yes, another fast "Road car" hidden in the depths of the dealer department. Pretty nice to drive indeed.

Last edited:
Or he's an Autobacs employee :)

Ah right, thanks, clever thinking. That explains why the ARTA '08 (same as GT300 base model I guess) was slower than other race cars at Madrid. I usually don't adjust the camber angle that often, but mainly the toe angle, for example to reduce FF understeer and to take corners more sharp (all drivetrains, like the Saleen S7: not very maneuverable stock setting). i will try it :cheers:

580PP on this track is killing my left thumb 👍

Yes, another fast "Road car" hidden in the depths of the dealer department. Pretty nice to drive indeed.
@JR_Lebowski Super great analysis by everybody and thank you for putting it all together:cheers:.

Continuing my use of under 500PP MR cars, I find this little British beauty. MG T160 '03. I used part of @Jeje6410 tune for a 400 PP car. I applied the Lotus patch, didn't use ballast, my own transmission settings, modified LSD and rear toe. I believe I have found the best racing line and braking points for me because I can run consistent lap times each lap except lap 1. If only once again PD should have brought back Qualifying and standing starts. My lap times were 1:26's, 1st lap was a 1:27.412, from then on 1:26's. It was hard fight with the Zonda on lap 5. I lost the first race carry to much speed coming out of the LH turn at the small straight and ended up off the track. I need to refine my gear setting a tad more but is was a fun ride.

Edit: Don't double post:lol::lol: So weird to run a car with no sound other than the screaming tires. I wasn't sure this would win, but it did. Tesla Roadster '08 at 477PP. Tune is from @GhostRider65 slightly modified. I changed the brake balance to 10/10, so I had to change the rear toe and adjust the brake sensitivity 2 clicks. This car handles wonderfully and maintains consistent speed. I also did not use any ballast. If there had been any long straights then this car would had been rubbish due to lack of acceleration. No transmission to adjust, pidly FG at 3.190. I also took a picture of my lap times right before the finish line. Wonder what I will run next?:cheers:

Attachments

• 20171122_150907[1].jpg
    20171122_150907[1].jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20171122_151029[1].jpg
    20171122_151029[1].jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171122_162708[1].jpg
    20171122_162708[1].jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20171122_161047[1].jpg
    20171122_161047[1].jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171122_162729[1].jpg
    20171122_162729[1].jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I've bought a few cars between 500 and 600 PP, to try them stock. The first try with the Countach 25th anniversary 88 (versus countach LP400) is a success :)

Edit 1 : GT road car by Citroen @stock easy versus GT40
Edit 2 : XJ220 '92 @stock 7.57 versus GT40
Edit 3 : Diablo GT '00 @stock 7.49 versus GT40
Edit 4 : Ferrari SP1 '08 @stock 7'56 versus C12 (good grip!)
Edit 5 : Ferrari GTO '84 @stock 7'56 versus C12 (engin's melody!)

First tries for every car except the xj220

Last edited:
Back