A-spec Expert Level Rainmasters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 57 comments
Raced again with the ZZII on comfort softs and was 4 seconds slower. The time I gained in the wet was lost on a drying track. The comforts turned in a lot better in the wet.

I figured as much. The sport softs come on as soon as the track dries a bit then really come on in the end.

I can't imagine total times matter too much with this one.

Man, the rain physics in this race are just stupid. I mean, how can you get this so wrong PD? They give you LESS grip as you slow down. Go home PD, you're drunk.

15 total laps, won't be back.

Rain%20Physics.jpg
You are so right my friend, I also won't be back at this strange event.

Really you guys? C'mon and find enjoyment in it...

Your posts read as, I can't, so I don't like it.

Oh come on, you know we can. Look at the time I posted. To me, Gran Turismo is about ENJOYING the drive, not so much ultimate numbers. To you, it's about a challenge. We are different in that respect, although the more challenging something is, the more I tend to challenge myself, so we may be somewhat similar...

F40%20Rain.jpg

Anyway, the ZZII is the fastest here, and I've already gotten my fastest time with it.

Took a while but managed it with my first try with the little Suzuki gsx-r time of 16.32.455 way behind the aliens out there cutting it below on the mid 15.30.++ best lap time 2.46.++but not bad against a decent field with the DB9 at 2nd 1.545

Attachments

• IMG_5976.JPG
    IMG_5976.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 34
Wow Mary-Ann that's some cool driving Some real alien times. One think I have noticed on this track is there is not any form of an A.David character we have to beat like in the last seasonal on Grandvalley, nevertheless the rain track is fun I especially like this track on the career mode too so in the wet it's more fun in the Suzuki it's not as fast as the other cars but handles well on the hairpin turns. Racing without driving aids is more fun.well done

I entered a stock BMW Z4 without realizing this was a rain event. Fortunately, I've watched enough Hamilton rain races to adjust my lines accordingly. Still, it dried out after I passed the GT-R and the AI decided to cut the bus stop and tried to jump in front of me. :lol:

Was first till the last right/left turn before the finish line and the damn F40 hit me from behind. Went off track and got a penalty. Grrrrr!!

View attachment 639980
Yes I hate that too the other drivers on the track are dirty drivers who try to wack you on purpose and then you lose grip and off the track you go and you lose valuable seconds and then are playing catch up.

I hate this event. IMO, The physics are awful. The programmer didn't change the AI physics for the rain... They just have the AI run slower in the rain and faster in the dry. Same old AI sticking to the track like glue. Disappointing. 👎

Thanks to Mary Ann for posting her results of the Schwimmwagen. If it wasn't for her, I never would have thought of trying it. I got a slow field and had rain for nearly all of the event which explains my slower time.... Along with my awful, "tweaked" gearing while using an automatic transmission. :dunce: Unbelievably... I was in first place nearing the end of lap two... Even after losing control and going off course earlier on lap two! FYI the Schwimmwagen is only 425 PP with a pitiful 146 HP.

Give it a try.... It is much faster than what my time shows.

Schwimmwagen 1st place 2nd lap.jpg

Had to do A LOT of blocking the last two laps. Not easy to do with only 146 HP!

Schwimmwagen Car1.jpg

Schwimmwagen Spa Standings.jpg

I've been playing on my youngest son's account lately. Going through the License tests I got a '06 S2000. Went looking for a tune and couldn't find one, so I pulled out my saved Word documents that has all the links from the Main and Archived Tunes that used to be shared as Google Docs. I've yet to find any tune using the Tuning Forum. So I found a tune by @Motor City Hami. What a great tune. I ran this race against '07 GTR, R390 Road Car as the rabbits. Ran away and left them until the last lap. Got a 5 sec. penalty when both the GTR and the R390 sandwiched me between the two. It was a fight to the end but what a great handling car and a really fun race. Sorry I don't have a pic to post, but I can do it again if necessary. I love these rain races and Spa is one of my favorite tracks.

I've been playing on my youngest son's account lately. Going through the License tests I got a '06 S2000. Went looking for a tune and couldn't find one, so I pulled out my saved Word documents that has all the links from the Main and Archived Tunes that used to be shared as Google Docs. I've yet to find any tune using the Tuning Forum. So I found a tune by @Motor City Hami. What a great tune. I ran this race against '07 GTR, R390 Road Car as the rabbits. Ran away and left them until the last lap. Got a 5 sec. penalty when both the GTR and the R390 sandwiched me between the two. It was a fight to the end but what a great handling car and a really fun race. Sorry I don't have a pic to post, but I can do it again if necessary. I love these rain races and Spa is one of my favorite tracks.

Thank you. One of my all time favorite cars in GT6.

Finally got around to this... Ford RS200 again. Thing is it swamps them in the early part... you should be 3rd by start of 3rd lap but the drying track and the more aggressive AI at the end means you will have a battle in the last two laps due to the power of the R35 GTR and/or Audi R8 4.2 especially on the straights.

I notice the R35 almost oversteering trying to keep pace up and over you.

Back