A-spec, Intermediate Class Non-Racing Car Challenge: Willow Springs (Big Willow)

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 33 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
A-spec, Intermediate Class Non-Racing Car Challenge: Willow Springs (Big Willow)

Willow_Springs.jpg

Period of Availability:
06/12/2014 - 06/26/2014, 3:00 GMT
(Click here to convert to your local time).

Single Race:
Duration, 5 Laps.
PP: 550 , Tires: SS or less.
Nitrous cannot be installed.
Eligible Cars, Normal Car.

Typical Opponents:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Lexus Nürburgring Package '12
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.42,500
Silver: Cr.51,000
Gold Cr.85,000

SRF is optional

Course Conditions:
Time, 07:01.
Precipitation, 0%.
Track: Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow.

WillowSprings_Track.jpg

TUNES:

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

BMW M3 GTR '03 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - @Woodski_427

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP may not be updated daily between 7:00 GMT, and 19:00GMT.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my time zone. :)

-----------------------------------------
When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.
-Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
Shelby Cobra '66 and this track seem made for each other. :)
Lots of fun earning some credits while working out the TH8 RS! 👍

When I tried this, I had the SRF off in a STI, but it drove like it had SRF stuck on? I don't think my setup was that good...

You had to know this track would be one of the first used when the races started didn't you.

So many choices for this one. First off Alfa 8C, easy wins even with my regular excursion at the last corner

AI were driving safe, my Stock TVR Griffith bullied the AI here with run of the mill laps
If you want a challenge then stick with Comfort Softs or use a car with way under 500pp -
Or if you like some ABS=0 driving - try both.

The ingame low slung Sun was a bit bright after the Rabbit's Ear sweeper - But wearing sunglasses indoors is always cool.

my tuned Impreza Coupe 22B-STi Version'98 laid " The Smackdown" on the AI Cars @ Willow Springs.. some of the AI cars chased them down at a time. it was awesome & while playing "Rock The Casbash" by The Clash just made it that more cooler.

I used the same Spitfire as Rome but shod with SS tyres for this. Easy enough win over an F430 Scud with plenty of errors on my part.

I've posted the tune for the Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 for anyone looking for a classic/underdog to try out.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't won this race yet because the first I did I was using a CTS-V and ran off the track going into the last turn and came in second. Tried it again and got the lead and the 2nd place car spun me on the last lap so I was in an LFA 10 and got in the lead on the third lap and went off the track again and I decided that I was tired and needed to come back later on and beat it.

I'm not Shaun or his secretary :lol:, but I can tell you the car can be found, available to purchase, in the Audi dealership
I don't actually have a secretary... hmm. this may need to be rectified. You are welcome to apply if you wish CargoRatt? I can't promise a great salary but the perks package includes a huge amount of free parking in the GT6 garage. Not many jobs give you Free parking for more than 1 car :)

I just had an entertaining race in my Mini Marcos. I'd won Rome with 470pp - engine stage 1 and all other upgrades (turbo 3) but no weight loss, so I thought I'd try this one. First run revealed I needed a bit more power, so added engine stage 3 for 205 bhp and 490pp.

It was the usual easy passing until lap 3 when I caught the Gallardo rabbit. I took him in the slow section but he blasted past me on the long sweeping right hander, I caught up where they virtually stop for the final turn into the S/F straight, but he got away on the straight.

It was the same on lap four, but at the final corner I went to the outside - big mistake as braking off the line just took me straight into the sand at 100mph. Luckily the FWD Marcos was not phased and I powered in a wide arc cutting across the pit lane entry to get back on track for lap 5.

The Gallardo was already at the end of the straight. He must have been looking in his mirror laughing at my excursion though, because he just drove straight off the track. Weird. I past him as he got back on the tarmac, but I couldn't shake him and a mistakes at slow corner had him coming at me like dark horse on the fast sweeper.

This time I was in still in front so easily out braked him, but being over eager to get far enough ahead for the run to the line led me to run wide. I clipped the sand and snaked back across the track. I'd just got enough to be in front approaching the finish, but he was coming up fast. However, instead of passing the Gallardo helpfully punted me across the line.

Stupid AI, but great fun racing in the underpowered cars. Love it.

This one was fun. Ran in my stock LFA. Won it about 3/4 into the last lap. It was a battle with the Ferrari.

I don't actually have a secretary... hmm. this may need to be rectified. You are welcome to apply if you wish CargoRatt? I can't promise a great salary but the perks package includes a huge amount of free parking in the GT6 garage. Not many jobs give you Free parking for more than 1 car :)

Um, let me think about that for a second....ah, NO. :lol:

Mini Marcos set up to 215hp. Only had a small issue of not being able to out drag the LFA after getting into the 115 mph or 120 mph range. Fun little car, love it.

I'm not Shaun or his secretary :lol:, but I can tell you the car can be found, available to purchase, in the Audi dealership
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Thanks for that not Shaun or not Shaun's secretary :D
I think I forgot to wear my spectacles the day I looked for it in the Audi dealership :dopey:

I will give this one a go, looks like a nice ride.
:cheers:

I tried racing this event again using one of these...

72luaX7.jpg

My Lotus Europa Special '72 sits at 474pp/208hp/176ft-lb with bolt on parts and using the setup numbers from this tune 'Lotus Europa Special '72... just be prepared to feel small compared to the other cars in the field! :lol:

Cheers

Last edited:
Kept going with the stock Tesla Roadster that I used for Rome, and what a great little car it is. After a few second places I got a bit obsessed and was determined to win with it. After a monumental last lap tussle with an LFA, during which we were side-by-side a lot of time, I crossed the line with him on my rear bumper. I will admit to a bit of ungentlemanly blocking on the final straight.
On to Suzuka..but I think we might be a little out-classed there.

Back