A-spec Intermediate Level Classic Sports Car Race: Autodromo Nazionale Monza

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 25 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Classic Sports Car Race: Autodromo Nazionale Monza

A-spec #40 Intermediate Level Classic Sports Car Race @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza.png

A-spec [#40] Intermediate Level Classic Sports Car Race @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I used the pink one against the pink GT40 rabbit. Very easy event, easy track, very very slow opponents. I'd say its more an easy event.

@t_wilson01 550pp tune for Ford GT40 Mark I 1966 from a Trail Mountain seasonal some months ago. Smooth drive and authentic choice as the AI use one. Cr 800,000 with 200% login bonus first try.

Removed a couple engine parts and used slightly less power limiter for 530pp. Easy win, caught the leader on lap 2 of 3. It was a Cobra 427 1966 with a GT40 Mark I a couple seconds behind.

Didn't lengthen the gears. It was bouncing off the rev limiter on the main straight in the 427 slipstream. Moving the Final Gear from 3.250 to 3.125 would probably be enough.

500pp vintage cars might be a neat challenge here.

Last edited:
Ferrari Dino with proudhon tune worked really well, even at 500pp. May have to feather the throttle at a number of turns (due to the oversteery nature) and take advantage of all corner exits as more powerful cars like the Cobra can catch up really quickly in the straights.

Ferrari 365GTB a fun one here with 2:06-07 laps. Ford GT rabbit kept it close after being passed.

Colourful US cars, tried a Superbird but that dog just did't want to turn. Interesting physics as the front wheels will not turn in if the brakes are applied, just straight lines it toward the sand.

Used the Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (GhostRider65 545PP tune) reduced Power to 530PP as required for the win.
Quite a zippy little car that. Quite fun too. Only thing is with the tune it runs out of gear towards the end of the longest straight (not quite sure how to adjust final gear for that. If anyone knows let me know). But so zippy it makes up otherwise. Here's the tune:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/shelby-cobra-427-66.1236/

I only won this twice, 2nd time with the 365gtb. Besides that the US muscle cars arent that easy.

You would think they straight line would be enough. Its not.

Used the Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (GhostRider65 545PP tune) reduced Power to 530PP as required for the win.
Quite a zippy little car that. Quite fun too. Only thing is with the tune it runs out of gear towards the end of the longest straight (not quite sure how to adjust final gear for that. If anyone knows let me know). But so zippy it makes up otherwise. Here's the tune:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/shelby-cobra-427-66.1236/
Move the Final Gear slider to the left Dave from 2.850 to 2.750 and see what happens.

Last edited:
Move the Final Gear slider to the left Dave from 2.850 to 2.750 and see what happens.

Thanks a lot Fordy. Always wondered which direction (higher or lower number) stretched the final gear. I thought it was the higher number yes. Will make the adjustment as suggested and give it a go tomorrow night as turning in just now. Thanks again bud. Cheers.

Shelby (mustang) GT350R was a lot of fun with no traction control, also BMW 2002 turbo. Contauch was no contest. Laps around 1:50. I want to give some of the old Japanese 1600cc cars a shot for a challenge.

Last edited:
Colourful US cars, tried a Superbird but that dog just did't want to turn. Interesting physics as the front wheels will not turn in if the brakes are applied, just straight lines it toward the sand.

I used exeter's 500pp sh tune, just up the final gear a bit, you might have to do a little blocking at the finish line cause that cobra's got top speed to spare. It is a heavy car so you do have to break in a straight line, trail braking is pretty tricky, but it corners quite well once set up for the corner.

It can be done with exeter's Firebird 500pp tune as well.

I won this on the second try with a really sketchy driving 512 Ferrari. A few more adjustments and it would be easy. Haven't tried any others, but my 70 Nova is pretty wicked. I will definitely be running this one some more.

Edit: It took some tweaking and final straight blocking, but I beat the Cobra with my Nova.

DSC_0397.JPG

Last edited:
I managed it with a Shelby Cobra 427. Tried with a Ferrari Dino the first few times and kept sliding out as soon as I caught the leader because I was pushing fairly hard and I've never driven that car. Just done a little tinkering with the upgrades to try to get a nice balance between weight and power and got it fairly easily. Had to block on the last three straights because the car behind had a higher top speed.

1969 Corvette L46 isn't too bad for this one. This was the first time I had 2 Cobras chasing me. Despite the 174 mph top speed on the front straight, they stayed right with me once I got past them.
DSC_0399.JPG

Back