A-spec Intermediate Level Italian Festival: Circuito di Roma

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 57 comments
Rit
I'm not sure why the old Fiat 500s are in the field. They're so slow you're likely to run into them. I lapped 2 of them twice in the same short 5 lap race..

In a handicap race the field is set so that most (if not all) the runners will arrive at the finish line together - what would be termed in sporting parlance as a "dead heat" - basically at least half the field within seconds of each other at the finishing line.
This is to keep the race interesting at the finish - a 'race to the finish' as such.
Keep doing the races and note how the cars will clump together towards the end of the race - including the lapped cars - which were sent off in the right positions (via their 'handicap time') to meet up with the leaders at the finish line and confuse the hell out of the issue of who was going to actually get to the line first.

The Alfa Spider 1600 Duetto was a beautiful drive and win at 444pp.

Stock Alfa Romeo 147 GTA @ 423 pp. Didn't win by a lot but was quite entertaining...

Both definitely on my list. Obviously there must be a seasonal where the Italian 'big boys' are going to be used -but this is surely not the one. These are all medium pace cars - just perfect for medium pace racers as they gain experience to go against the more powerful Italian beauties - with their own souped up high horsepower stallions.

Fastest car I was against was the Dino. Used my Fiat 500L fully tuned, won pretty easily.

What car is a true "rabbit" for this event? None of the cars I've seen in the AI Field is even competitive at 425pp.
Another Dino is at least an improvement.

Dino is the fastest rabbit I've come across so far.

IMG_2738_zpsc8cc7438.jpg

There is a very interesting bunch of racers in here - and some of them are deadly at punting you off course if you interfere with their 'Perfect Line'. You're not supposed to get in their way while they're engaged in this exercise :lol:

Also some of them may be equipped with a most mysterious 'tractor beam'-like effect that can take control of car if you get too close - others are very civil and will get out of your way very nicely if you overtake them cleanly at 'approved overtaking' spots. :)

All in the nature of making the medium pace racer an ace enough to go on to Expert.

However - medium pace races are a lot more fun - in terms of sheer entertainment than the faster series - think Schwarzwald League at the Ring versus Like the Wind at Daytona.

Next fastest Rabbit after this guy Morvan from France in the Dino is this guy - Verta, driving a really hot-looking 147 GTA. Obviously a good choice of car then to go out and battle.

IMG_2739_zpsa9dc947a.jpg

Yup. From the same country as that punk Pullkinnen who drives the Nurb LFA.

One of the great things about this event is that we get to watch these cars in action.
And not just drifted around, or parked at the Spa, or raced haphazardly, but raced with methodically, to the best of the cars' abilities as programmed as perfectly as possible even possibly using real-time data from the vast amounts of data gathered by PD from all the Time Trials it conducts using various cars at sundry tracks.
So as I overtake each car I'm totally admiring the cars - it's a car-fest of Italian cars - and if one races cleanly (I hate to get even a scratch on my car. :D ) - then the replays are absolutely stunning and we get to really enjoy these oh-so-delectable machines to our eyes-delight or hearts-content - or whatever oils our gears.

I bet many players, not bothered about chips or credits, just pick a car and go for endless 'Sunday drives' dodging traffic as best as they can - or merely dawdling behind a certain car and admiring it and the way it moves on that perfect line - like a bronze or silver or gold time trialer doing their thing, undisturbed, hitting apexes cleanly at the prescribed point, braking and entering as precisely as practised, exiting at the same spot with the perfect amount of acceleration, and so on. I know do that sometimes - and if I have a powerful enough car, i can dawdle till the last lap, then weave through traffic with manic glee to get to the finish line first.
After all - credits do come useful.

CircuitodiRoma_21_zps765f6c82.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm battling Hirvonen. It's a war between both of us. Him. Me. Our Stratos'.

IMG_2734_zpsc62f8953.jpg

He gives me a good battle but I triumph - and collect the winnings. But other times he gets together with his cronies and just takes me out - as in 'race a proper line or I'll take you out'.
They've got some magic rabbit powers sometimes.
First Novak and Gerste get together to gang-bang me - I get away from them somehow to meet Schreiner in that beautiful black Brera Sky Window who is fast - much faster than me in the same car. He never lets up harrassing my ass all the way through and then in that melee Martino shoves his red Fiat ass in my face - just can't get out of his own way.
I don't even want to talk about Loiseau in the white Fiat. For heavansakes can't that loser get another car?
I end up six seconds too late to catch Hirvonen and he gets off grinning.
IMG_2731_zps42f8f28e.jpg

That makes me sooooooooo mad - I got to go right back and bust his chops. Not easily though. but that's the fun. :D

IMG_2732_zps5932d9ba.jpg

I'm using a 450 PP Stratos, SH, ABS 1, TC1, real fun steed to battle this particular line-up.

Especially if you want to keep it pristine for the photo ops at the chequers.

:cheers:

Have fun with the cars!

Last edited:
I have never tampered with my 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400. Underneath that sexy green paint sits all original equipment, baby! Of course, I had to detune her some to get into this 500PP race. Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't be a wee bit nervous if I saw a green Lambo flying up on me in my rearview mirror, but don't you think this guy hit the brakes a tad much? :D

View attachment 264208

Yeah I noticed a that a few times too. Tends to happen to the slower FF cars. Is it a glitch or something?
First time I saw it I ran wide avoiding the guy.

Yeah I noticed a that a few times too. Tends to happen to the slower FF cars. Is it a glitch or something?
First time I saw it I ran wide avoiding the guy.

Can be very traumatising when it happens the first time. This is an old problem but is not as bad as it used to be - obviously an 'over-simulation'. What happens is when one programs a car using any simulation to simulate a certain scenario then the car will go ahead and do so; therefore programming a car to hit a particular speed then brake hard using particular parameters will basically 'show what happens'.

As an analogy think of the Space Shuttle sim and we program certain parameters of an event into it, and then see what the astronauts can do to handle such a problem.
In this case the cars themselves, in the sim, are simulating what would happen if a driver in such a car hits such a speed and then hits the brakes - the rear will lift.
NASCAR races, for one, will show some real life scenarios like this where drivers could actually make a car 'fly' - if they started to dabble in 'edge-of-physics' fun.
You'll find that some cars will only lift their rear wheels a few inches . . . while others will actually give you a full gluteus maximus spouting flatulence type of lift.
The faster you push the field the more dangerously they drive. They have to - they are programmed to add to their speed incrementally depending on yours.
For instance - in the Expert event - if one pushes the Red Rocket Rabbit fast enough (driven by that certain Mr. Papp) his speed increases, his 'circle' expands - and he ends up in the sand-pit. :D

What kind of rear downforce do you think we need to keep this FF's ass down? :)
Move Beyonce to the back seat?[/QUOTE]

OMG. That was the first big laugh of the day. Are you trying to pee off jlo?

What I was thinking of though - seriously - was that - since there is no way to slap a jumbo wing on that thing - maybe rig up a fan-thingamajig with lots of suction, so that as soon as the brakes are applied at that speed and the tires can actually take it (what magical compound is that that it doesn't blow-up? :boggled: ) the sensors from the brakes send a signal to the suckers and they start furiously gobbling ground and trying to keep those haunches down.
Not all the cars are kicking up their heels, though. Some lift ever so elegantly and we can see that it would be really possible in real life to thrash a pasenger car that way.
Not that many people do in real life. TG there's a sim that simulates real driving ( at least as well as everything is connected up anyway :lol: ) so we can try it out.
I have seen that kind of action in real life - but only just prior to some accident happening.

Got to say the Fiats were doing a great job on their springs . . . but *moan - the Alfas, the Alfas . . . I'm going Alfa crazy. My garage is starting to fill up with Alfas because of this event.
Maybe a big sale later on.
Or maybe not. As I work up the model line I am starting to find hidden gems that are keepers.
Very disappointed about Alfa dropping out of VGT - or so it seems.

Move Beyonce to the back seat?

OMG. That was the first big laugh of the day. Are you trying to pee off jlo?

What I was thinking of though - seriously - was that - since there is no way to slap a jumbo wing on that thing - maybe rig up a fan-thingamajig with lots of suction, so that as soon as the brakes are applied at that speed and the tires can actually take it (what magical compound is that that it doesn't blow-up? :boggled: ) the sensors from the brakes send a signal to the suckers and they start furiously gobbling ground and trying to keep those haunches down.
Not all the cars are kicking up their heels, though. Some lift ever so elegantly and we can see that it would be really possible in real life to thrash a pasenger car that way.
Not that many people do in real life. TG there's a sim that simulates real driving ( at least as well as everything is connected up anyway :lol: ) so we can try it out.

I think it is a slight miscalc on PD's part for tire friction and the forward weight transfer during braking, this was much worse when the game first came out last year. A big wing won't help at these relatively slow speeds. You can probably demo it on your own ff drive car by ball lasting even more weight up front and using softest tires. May be able to even do a forward somersault.

I have flipped a Fiat 500 at Bathurst a few times! First time I did it I freaked as I couldn't figure out what had happened.

I maxed out a '68' Fiat 500 F with racing hard suspension. Could quite catch the Dino or the Stratos, finally caught a break & had the 147 GTA for a rabbit. Beat him by 3/4 of a second. I know what the 'F' stands for...
I was getting a tad bit bored, the FF cars trying to stand on their heads added some amusement.

I had never driven the AE Stratos. So I pulled it out and used @praiano63 tune for the standard Stratos. With Praiano's set up this car drives great. The only thing from @praiano63 tune is 1st and 2nd gears don't match but 3rd-5th do. Easy wins though I have not gone as low as 410PP. I've won easily at 460 and 450PP. At 500PP I can win against any line up by 6-8 seconds. I've been using this race to pay for all of the upgrades on cars I've never driven. 190,000 credits for about 6 minutes of racing is not bad.

I had never driven the AE Stratos. So I pulled it out and used @praiano63 tune for the standard Stratos. With Praiano's set up this car drives great. The only thing from @praiano63 tune is 1st and 2nd gears don't match but 3rd-5th do. Easy wins though I have not gone as low as 410PP. I've won easily at 460 and 450PP. At 500PP I can win against any line up by 6-8 seconds. I've been using this race to pay for all of the upgrades on cars I've never driven. 190,000 credits for about 6 minutes of racing is not bad.

Or you can go the cheap way and leave the car stock but change the front tires to comfort soft and set the rear tires to sport hard. It will balance the excessive oversteer and will make the car far more predictable through the turns.

Lancia Stratos 410pp no mods no aids. Gold

Was quite excited when I saw this; doable? I thought - so went off and purchased yet another Stratos (4 in the Garage now including Anniv. edition. Last I looked I had ten in GT5.) left it bone stock 'cept for a paint job and a racing number - this was serious business! :D

The Stratos' I was using so far were 450 PP cars tuned to my style of driving - (hard braking, insane acceleration, motorbike moves-in-a-car) albeit both to slightly different specs.
I rarely use multiple tuning sheets for the same car, preferring instead to give each car its own personality - from run-in method to livery influenced by overall racing/cruising style and its evolved history with me.
Some of my cars are like buddies - virtual buddies, but buddies just the same when I enter the virtual world that they and their opponents inhabit.

410 PP is the stock figure, which is why I had to go start all over in trying to match you - new car (or is yours run-in and oil-changed?) no oil change, no mods (I wondered whether you had powered down to 410 after ballast-balancing) and stock tyres (wouldn't have ever imagined using a mixed set) and I took the beast out there holding back a little since I had not driven a stock Stratos since GT5. Ah! What a wonderful beast, what a mythical creature come to life and behaving like there was a million of her around, just another common beater . . . while under her skin is every fabled championship horse that ever existed - more than a hundred of them under her hood, and more than enough to have her whispered about as a giant-killer.
Or at least that was the way as I felt as I thrashed it leisurely behind the Alfas and Fiats. Came in 6th.
Couldn't resist another try - the beautiful camber that the Roman streets embraced me was delicious - sinful, dangerous, addictive and this mare was snorting with anticipation now, champing at the bit, asking me to thrash her flanks and let her rip.
Oh! no, I told her - I've been through that with some of your sisters. You'll turn around and bite me so hard I'll never mount you again.
Gentle, gentle, I told myself, giving her a little more squeeze - a bit more pressure on her, and another safe not-a -scratch on my baby ride back home coming forth to snag fourth behind Hirvonen, Verta, and Morvan - think I got those names right (I've misspelled Pulkkinen's name so many times I got a headache) - all three top rabbits - they all take 1st at one time or another.
So here I am, right behind three text-book time-trial-seasoned AI racers from around the world coming in fourth in a stock Stratos. That was a good feeling mostly because of one thing - that I get a chance to ride the Stratos (heart-pounding-edge-of-seat driving in a race against another Stratos together with a very distracting collection of the most beautiful-looking Italian medium-pace cars, against other incredibly strict (and when warranted incredibly swift) drivers programmed to drive you to do your hardest.
To get close to them is just a bonus (I'll take the credits, too. :lol:)

But that was just two tries. Maybe third time lucky. Mixed compounds, huh? Who knew . . . ;)

Any excuse to get back to the drawing board . . . now where's that Stratos of mine.
She needs a moniker.:) 👍

P.S. Good work on beating that bunch of street-fighting hooligans that are tearing up the streets of Italy. :cheers:

Last edited:
Was quite excited when I saw this; doable? I thought - so went off and purchased yet another Stratos (4 in the Garage now including Anniv. edition. Last I looked I had ten in GT5.) left it bone stock 'cept for a paint job and a racing number - this was serious business! :D

The Stratos' I was using so far were 450 PP cars tuned to my style of driving - (hard braking, insane acceleration, motorbike moves-in-a-car) albeit both to slightly different specs.
I rarely use multiple tuning sheets for the same car, preferring instead to give each car its own personality - from run-in method to livery influenced by overall racing/cruising style and its evolved history with me.
Some of my cars are like buddies - virtual buddies, but buddies just the same when I enter the virtual world that they and their opponents inhabit.

410 PP is the stock figure, which is why I had to go start all over in trying to match you - new car (or is yours run-in and oil-changed?) no oil change, no mods (I wondered whether you had powered down to 410 after ballast-balancing) and stock tyres (wouldn't have ever imagined using a mixed set) and I took the beast out there holding back a little since I had not driven a stock Stratos since GT5. Ah! What a wonderful beast, what a mythical creature come to life and behaving like there was a million of her around, just another common beater . . . while under her skin is every fabled championship horse that ever existed - more than a hundred of them under her hood, and more than enough to have her whispered about as a giant-killer.
Or at least that was the way as I felt as I thrashed it leisurely behind the Alfas and Fiats. Came in 6th.
Couldn't resist another try - the beautiful camber that the Roman streets embraced me was delicious - sinful, dangerous, addictive and this mare was snorting with anticipation now, champing at the bit, asking me to thrash her flanks and let her rip.
Oh! no, I told her - I've been through that with some of your sisters. You'll turn around and bite me so hard I'll never mount you again.
Gentle, gentle, I told myself, giving her a little more squeeze - a bit more pressure on her, and another safe not-a -scratch on my baby ride back home coming forth to snag fourth behind Hirvonen, Verta, and Morvan - think I got those names right (I've misspelled Pulkkinen's name so many times I got a headache) - all three top rabbits - they all take 1st at one time or another.
So here I am, right behind three text-book time-trial-seasoned AI racers from around the world coming in fourth in a stock Stratos. That was a good feeling mostly because of one thing - that I get a chance to ride the Stratos (heart-pounding-edge-of-seat driving in a race against another Stratos together with a very distracting collection of the most beautiful-looking Italian medium-pace cars, against other incredibly strict (and when warranted incredibly swift) drivers programmed to drive you to do your hardest.
To get close to them is just a bonus (I'll take the credits, too. :lol:)

But that was just two tries. Maybe third time lucky. Mixed compounds, huh? Who knew . . . ;)

Any excuse to get back to the drawing board . . . now where's that Stratos of mine.
She needs a moniker.:) 👍

P.S. Good work on beating that bunch of street-fighting hooligans that are tearing up the streets of Italy. :cheers:

No weight adjustments. No oil change or engine builds. All i do is run mixed tires cs on front and sh on rear. Have played w tuning but always come back to the original. I am kind of a nerd when it comes to the physics.

Last edited:
No weight adjustments. No oil change or engine builds. All i do is run mixed tires cs on front and sh on rear.

I have never run mixed rubber - always have run matched. Something to experiment with, for sure. 👍

Have played w tuning but always come back to the original.

I very rarely play with tuning - but I do upgrade - Sports comp, Stage 1, 2, & 3 Tuning, Intake tuning, etc. Sometimes maybe the mid-range Turbo.
The only settings I would ever change is the LSD - as per Kieth's (Motor City Hami) advice to me a long, long time ago. I balance it out at 8/25/15 and either leave it there or tweak it ever so slightly for some cars from that setting.
Some cars are best left entirely alone - the Stratos is definitely one of them.

I am kind of a nerd when it comes to the physics.

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . :lol: I think Einstein said something to that effect, too.

I wonder... how far 'round the track is the lead car when I cross the Start line. Just how much of an advantage does the Rabbit have over me? I suspect it is going to be at least half a lap.

I have never tampered with my 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400. Underneath that sexy green paint sits all original equipment, baby! Of course, I had to detune her some to get into this 500PP race. Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't be a wee bit nervous if I saw a green Lambo flying up on me in my rearview mirror, but don't you think this guy hit the brakes a tad much? :D

View attachment 264208
He He. I had a Fiat 500 (may have been the Arbarth) do exactly the same as I lapped it on the last corner.

Classic Stallion's Cobblestone Prance

Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta passo Corto CN.2521 '61
@praiano63's 450PP Tune, Standard Brakes 5/3 BB
0 ABS/No Assists/H-shifter & clutch, heel-toe.
T500 & TH8RS, clean laps & passes.

Overkill against P1 Ferrari Dino, but so enjoyable to drive...
...the way it was designed to be driven with manual trans. :)

Took the 250 SWB for a Sunday drive through traffic - what an absolute joy to drive. A hawk among sparrows. Great grinder. Made so many credits with this event, just tooling around enjoying Rome and the beautiful cars, and then get to go shopping, too!

I have never run mixed rubber - always have run matched. Something to experiment with, for sure. 👍

I very rarely play with tuning - but I do upgrade - Sports comp, Stage 1, 2, & 3 Tuning, Intake tuning, etc. Sometimes maybe the mid-range Turbo.
The only settings I would ever change is the LSD - as per Kieth's (Motor City Hami) advice to me a long, long time ago. I balance it out at 8/25/15 and either leave it there or tweak it ever so slightly for some cars from that setting.
Some cars are best left entirely alone - the Stratos is definitely one of them.

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . :lol: I think Einstein said something to that effect, too.

I have just recently, finally, worked out the suspension tuning for one of my Stratos that balances out the understeer/oversteer rotation which matches the rotation rate of the mixed tires. The rear rotates out when I want it to and the front loosens before the slip angle gets crazy. Another car that I have fun with, tricky characteristics like the Stratos, is the RUF BTR and it's sister car the Yellow Bird. I try and avoid the old lead brick routine to change the weight balance as it tends to throw off the timing on the rotation for me. (Then there is always the pendulum effect.) I am still trying to work out something on that V16T and could use a few suggestions. Nothing like turning oversteer followed by power oversteer.:crazy:

I have just recently, finally, worked out the suspension tuning for one of my Stratos that balances out the understeer/oversteer rotation which matches the rotation rate of the mixed tires. The rear rotates out when I want it to and the front loosens before the slip angle gets crazy. Another car that I have fun with, tricky characteristics like the Stratos, is the RUF BTR and it's sister car the Yellow Bird. I try and avoid the old lead brick routine to change the weight balance as it tends to throw off the timing on the rotation for me. (Then there is always the pendulum effect.) I am still trying to work out something on that V16T and could use a few suggestions. Nothing like turning oversteer followed by power oversteer.:crazy:

The V16T is a darling. What a car. I made friends with it in GT4, till then it was a monster that bit me if I so much as looked at it. Very addictive drive in GT5 and now I find that in GT6 that if I take it for a spin I cannot stop driving it.
Immense power, nimble handling, acceleration and braking that is heart-stopping. Had so much fun with it at this event playing fox among the chickens. Some LSD tuning might help you - otherwise it's all about throttle control, and effectively using the power-band via shifting to put down just what is needed on the asphalt to drive her and not drive her wild.
Driving it on automatic just doesn't feel right - sort of like riding a stallion bareback. Risky.
She can surprise on occasion; for that one needs instant reflexes in reining her in and straightening her out or else she will buck and throw you. The Rufs are mild-mannered compared to her, but, wow, does the V16T please when she likes you.

CircuitodiRoma_253_zpsa5c1a112.jpg

CircuitodiRoma_273_zps74aaef4a.jpg

IMG_2915_zps5be7d182.jpg

I have all the Rufs - so we are obviously like-minded when it comes to these thoroughbred rides. The S7, Cien, and Nardo are staples in my garage, too.
The Nardo is my daily driver - have to take it to Like the Wind (A-Spec) and kill the LMs with it as a good way to unwind after a tight day at work and a rough day fighting traffic.

Other good Italian cars to try out here (more for fun, because it is easy to win with these) are the California, GTO '84, and Maserati Gran Turismo.

For those still finding it difficult to beat this event - try an Alfa Spider - you'll be surprised how fast this will go, and make sure it is Schreiner who is the lead rabbit (no Dino or Stratos) in the field.

Last edited:
The V16T is a darling. What a car. I made friends with it in GT4, till then it was a monster that bit me if I so much as looked at it. Very addictive drive in GT5 and now I find that in GT6 that if I take it for a spin I cannot stop driving it.
Immense power, nimble handling, acceleration and braking that is heart-stopping. Had so much fun with it at this event playing fox among the chickens. Some LSD tuning might help you - otherwise it's all about throttle control, and effectively using the power-band via shifting to put down just what is needed on the asphalt to drive her and not drive her wild.
Driving it on automatic just doesn't feel right - sort of like riding a stallion bareback. Risky.
She can surprise on occasion; for that one needs instant reflexes in reining her in and straightening her out or else she will buck and throw you. The Rufs are mild-mannered compared to her, but, wow, does the V16T please when she likes you.

CircuitodiRoma_253_zpsa5c1a112.jpg

CircuitodiRoma_273_zps74aaef4a.jpg

IMG_2915_zps5be7d182.jpg

I have all the Rufs - so we are obviously like-minded when it comes to these thoroughbred rides. The S7, Cien, and Nardo are staples in my garage, too.
The Nardo is my daily driver - have to take it to Like the Wind (A-Spec) and kill the LMs with it as a good way to unwind after a tight day at work and a rough day fighting traffic.

Other good Italian cars to try out here (more for fun, because it is easy to win with these) are the California, GTO '84, and Maserati Gran Turismo.

For those still finding it difficult to beat this event - try an Alfa Spider - you'll be surprised how fast this will go, and make sure it is Schreiner who is the lead rabbit (no Dino or Stratos) in the field.

Guess we are of like mind. I also have the California, GTO 84, and Maserati GT as well as the S7 and Cien. Haven't picked up the Nardo yet in GT6. Have been having some fun working out the V16. I just use a standard controller which I am sure makes it a bit more challenging when it comes to tuning, but still fun. Haven't run it yet in the Italian car race. I did follow through with the LSD adjustments you suggested. Very nice and still working on the throttle threshold for control. (Don't use automatic. Can't stand it. The only driving assist I use is ABS 1 as that seems to be best for the standard controller.) Thanks for the suggestions.

Guess we are of like mind. I also have the California, GTO 84, and Maserati GT as well as the S7 and Cien. Haven't picked up the Nardo yet in GT6.

The Maserati GT was one of the first cars in my garage. What an absolute dream machine. To take it to this seasonal was a real joy - albeit somewhat like taking a Gatling gun to the Duck Hunt. There is no doubt, though, that with the limited amount of cars and possible events that there will eventually be a seasonal involving only the higher-powered Italian dream machines, maybe in the 550-600 PP range, and possibly at some high-speed circuit like Monza.
That will be our chance to really stretch these thoroughbreds' legs.

CircuitodiRoma_143_zps4bb6c349.jpg

Have been having some fun working out the V16. I just use a standard controller which I am sure makes it a bit more challenging when it comes to tuning, but still fun. Haven't run it yet in the Italian car race. I did follow through with the LSD adjustments you suggested. Very nice and still working on the throttle threshold for control. (Don't use automatic. Can't stand it. The only driving assist I use is ABS 1 as that seems to be best for the standard controller.) Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm amazed that you get the kind of performance you do, with just a controller - and playing manual!
I know there are gamers out there who are so adept with controllers that they are masters of the 'press & twitch' and will beat any game given to them - to me these are truly masters of the controller-based games. To use it and do well in driving games, too, boggles my mind; there is no doubt that even a decently good wheel - like the Thrustmaster 300 or GT27 - brings one much closer to getting the cars to perform closer to the real thing.
I hope you will acquire a wheel soon - you deserve it!
And the V16T will then really come to life in your hands.

CircuitodiRoma_112_zpsa45065a3.jpg

The Maserati GT was one of the first cars in my garage. What an absolute dream machine. To take it to this seasonal was a real joy - albeit somewhat like taking a Gatling gun to the Duck Hunt. There is no doubt, though, that with the limited amount of cars and possible events that there will eventually be a seasonal involving only the higher-powered Italian dream machines, maybe in the 550-600 PP range, and possibly at some high-speed circuit like Monza.
That will be our chance to really stretch these thoroughbreds' legs.

CircuitodiRoma_143_zps4bb6c349.jpg

I'm amazed that you get the kind of performance you do, with just a controller - and playing manual!
I know there are gamers out there who are so adept with controllers that they are masters of the 'press & twitch' and will beat any game given to them - to me these are truly masters of the controller-based games. To use it and do well in driving games, too, boggles my mind; there is no doubt that even a decently good wheel - like the Thrustmaster 300 or GT27 - brings one much closer to getting the cars to perform closer to the real thing.
I hope you will acquire a wheel soon - you deserve it!
And the V16T will then really come to life in your hands.

CircuitodiRoma_112_zpsa45065a3.jpg
How they just really popped for me. Hmmm? Brake bias? Measure of sensitivity or percentage of dispursion of available efficiency? Set them to 0-0 see what happens. Measure of sensitivity to lock up. Trail braking heaven no unintended rotation. I'm a geek. Love the Gatling gun simile.

Last edited:
I'd been using the '91 Lancia Delta HF Evo for this race. From 500 PP up to the limit. I stumbled across a tune from Arakkis Speed Shop (@feydrautha ) for this car. I had been running my own tune with a mixture of tuning guides from @Motor_City_Hami , @DolHaus and I believe @XS quik tune speadsheet. With @feydrautha tune @ 500 PP I was almost 3 seconds faster per lap. So if no one has ever tried tunes from Arakkis Speed Shop I highly recommend you give his tunes a shot. I'm not taking anything away from the other tuners, but @feydrautha does a great job especially because he has tunes for cars the majority of the other tuners don't.

Last edited:
Back