A-spec Race Challenges #6: 21/08/2014 - 04/09/2014

• Thread starter et_
  • 182 comments
You always seem to have the line-up without a Huarya or Speed 12, those cars you are against are all sub 600pp, is there a reason for that, are the Pagani and TVR just too difficult for you to beat?

How many times do you have to enter/exit until you get your perfect sub 600pp line-up without the faster rabbits?

No!! And no I just run them as they line up and go. I do not take my time up with finding "any right line-up", period. I am way to busy to take the time to do any of that. I also do not know what the PP of any of the cars that I race against is nor do I care. Thank you for asking.

I don't see how you do, because that sub 600pp line up you've got in those replays will never EVER come up first time, there is always a Huayra and/or Speed 12 unless you enter/exit a few times.

And the chance for that line-up to be the same first time with every change of car is ZERO...

You must be doing it in order to avoid those rabbits.

I don't see how you do, because that sub 600pp line up you've got in those replays will never EVER come up first time, there is always a Huayra and/or Speed 12 unless you enter/exit a few times.

And the chance for that line-up to be the same first time with every change of car is ZERO...

I am not doing anything to avoid any line-up that comes up to race but thank you again for your comment.

Skills; Raced in the SCCA for 32 years and currently National Racing Instructor.

Your skills and experience are irrelevant to me.

I'm just curious to your claim of not cycling the line-ups yet all of your posted replays do not have the most regular rabbits in them, as if you are frightened to race them or simply cannot beat them.

The line-up in your videos just doesn't come up without cycling, and the only reason to cycle is to avoid rabbits.

Your skills and experience are irrelevant to me.

I'm just curious to your claim of not cycling the line-ups yet all of your posted replays do not have the most regular rabbits in them, as if you are frightened to race them or simply cannot beat them.

The line-up in your videos just doesn't come up without cycling, and the only reason to cycle is to avoid rabbits.

As a former race car driver and a war veteran the word “frightened” does not fit my profile especially in picking to race against anybody in the “real world” or GT6 video game, so in closing I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do with the rest of your life. Have a fun day my friend. It was great talking to you.

Now not only are you avoiding the rabbits, you are also avoiding submitting a straight and truthful admittance to what I have observed and pointed out. :rolleyes: you are only fooling yourself because I see right through it.

Lets see a replay of you racing/beating the Huayra and Speed 12 using one of your favored cars at 600pp or less.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of anything here, and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but something I have observed in Seasonal Events is: When you select a car with the maximum allowed PP you usually get a lineup of cars that includes the toughest rabbits, although, you can do exactly what @nowcontrol suggests and continually exit and re-enter the event and eventually you'll get an easier lineup. However, at times that I have entered the seasonal event with a lower powered car, like maybe a 550PP car when the limit is 600PP, quite often I will get the weaker lineup of cars to race against.

I'm not saying that is something that always happens. It is just some anecdotal evidence of some observations I have made in a couple of seasonal events. Personally, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. So, I believe @skeagracing when he says he wasn't recycling his racing entries until he got an easier lineup.

Cheers everyone!

@ALB123 ... Yes, that is another way to get a line-up without the top rabbits, but it's still 50/50 that you'll get that on first entry.

I've tried it a few times myself to see how different line ups are given.... If you take a sub 575pp stock car [SH] and enter the race and most likely you will get an F1, Aventador, an Enzo or MP4 as rabbits, but as I said it's still a 50/50 chance that there will be a Huarya or Speed 12 or both.
A 575pp+ stock car [SH] however, will most likely throw one or both top rabbits up the front on more often than not on consecutive entry cycles.
It's fairly dependent on stock pp value, I think, and somewhere between 575-580pp seems to be the divide here, but there could be more variables.

Just re-done testing this theory again....

I took a Zonda C12S 7.3...... at stock 573pp [SH] I was given the F1, Aventador, Enzo, and MP4 on 1st and 3rd entry, but on 2nd entry there was the Huayra in front of an F1.

Then tuned it to 600pp [SS] and got same results as stock, but when bumped it to 601pp I got the Huayra and/or Speed 12 on all 3 entries.

Then I jumped into the Mclaren MP4-12C and at sock 581pp [SH] I got the Huayra and/or Speed 12 on all 3 entries, and had the same results when I put the limiter to 50% @ 496pp.

@skeagracing ... Wow... The Pagani took you all the way to the line and you just nipped it.... good job. 👍
Was your F1 at stock power with 608pp or any higher, or did you reduce it to under 600pp as I also requested? Looks a bit fast to be anything less than stock.

@ALB123 ... Yes, that is another way to get a line-up without the top rabbits, but it's still 50/50 that you'll get that on first entry.

I've tried it a few times myself to see how different line ups are given.... If you take a sub 575pp stock car [SH] and enter the race and most likely you will get an F1, Aventador, an Enzo or MP4 as rabbits, but as I said it's still a 50/50 chance that there will be a Huarya or Speed 12 or both.
A 575pp+ stock car [SH] however, will most likely throw one or both top rabbits up the front on more often than not on consecutive entry cycles.
It's fairly dependent on stock pp value, I think, and somewhere between 575-580pp seems to be the divide here, but there could be more variables.

Just re-done testing this theory again....

I took a Zonda C12S 7.3...... at stock 573pp [SH] I was given the F1, Aventador, Enzo, and MP4 on 1st and 3rd entry, but on 2nd entry there was the Huayra in front of an F1.

Then tuned it to 600pp [SS] and got same results as stock, but when bumped it to 601pp I got the Huayra and/or Speed 12 on all 3 entries.

Then I jumped into the Mclaren MP4-12C and at sock 581pp [SH] I got the Huayra and/or Speed 12 on all 3 entries, and had the same results when I put the limiter to 50% @ 496pp.

@skeagracing ... Wow... The Pagani took you all the way to the line and you just nipped it.... good job. 👍
Was your F1 at stock power with 608pp or any higher, or did you reduce it to under 600pp as I also requested? Looks a bit fast to be anything less than stock.

Stock.608PP.

Last edited:
@ALB123, @nowcontrol : that's interesting and something worth trying out. I've always used cars over 600PP for this event and had the Huayra and Speed12 for leaders. The leaders also seem to put in faster lap times upon successive tries (after completion of the event and using the same line-up of cars).

@skeagracing: nice video.

On another note, I confirmed the flat floor aero upgrade on the Viper ACR adds about 20PP...

@ALB123, @nowcontrol : that's interesting and something worth trying out. I've always used cars over 600PP for this event and had the Huayra and Speed12 for leaders. The leaders also seem to put in faster lap times upon successive tries (after completion of the event and using the same line-up of cars).

@skeagracing: nice video.

On another note, I confirmed the flat floor aero upgrade on the Viper ACR adds about 20PP...

Thank you very much!! Wow, that is a great observation and thanks for the flat floor info!!

I also believe that skeagracing did NOT recycle the race to get slower rabbit because he did not even know about the recycling itself. He treats these races very seriously as much as in real races that he has done in the past.

Anyways, im glad to see that there is benefit of doubts and also more importantly that the doubts have been cleared.

I was not able to win this race with any car before and skeagracing has shown me the line, some technical race techniques ... And i can consistently put in 1:42-1:43 lap times with a mclarin mp4 at 650pp.

He and i share similar purpose in gt6. Clean passes, clean race are his as well as my priority while winning is secondary important.

Happy Labor Day to all!!!!

Last edited:
I just prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt, until I see extreme reasons not to. I've never known skeagracing to post outlandish claims in the past. He's always presented himself like a gentleman and a very nice fellow in these threads. And whether someone was "kind of cheating" by recycling starting lineups, or finishing these races with TC turned on, or whatever... I'm not going to get worked up over it because their dishonesty is only hurting THEM, not me.

I was completely honest with you guys & gals when I first started posting that I turned all aids off but I was stuck using the driving line because that's how I learned to play this game. Everyone gave me encouragement to turn it off and promised it would make me a better driver and that's what I did. Now I can proudly get Gold's in Seasonal Events with it turned off. I never turn it on anymore. If I did secretly use the driving line, I'm only hurting myself because if I ever want to race online or in a league they aren't going to allow use of the driving line. See where I'm going with this?

Anyway, I say good job to @skeagracing and fantastic job to @WhoosierGirl for once again showing that she IS the master of the Volkswagen -- Fahrvergnügen!!

PM'd asking for proof of VW win..

Who in the world would be asking YOU :lol: of all people for video proof ? :crazy:

Why on Earth are people doubting others word on claims and events that don't effect anybody else other than the person making the claim ?:rolleyes:

"Gee I'm having trouble winning with that car on this event, if you have a video would you mind posting it so I can see where I need to improve to emulate your great work." ( This would be more acceptable than demanding PROOF from fellow members of :gtplanet:) IMHO

Show a bit of faith people, No PROOF needed. You just need to look at peoples TT times to see whether someone is capable or not. ;)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Why on Earth are people doubting others word on claims and events that don't effect anybody else other than the person making the claim ?:rolleyes:
I don't believe for a second that @nowcontrol had any malice in his heart when he made those comments about @skeagracing and his claims. Nowcontrol has more than proven himself to be an honorable, helpful, friendly guy in these forums as well. I think he honestly felt that maybe there were some shenanigans going on so he said so. I hope no bad feelings are created toward anyone over this incident.

I do agree with you about whomever doubted @WhoosierGirl and her claimed accomplishments. I thought by now people would know not to make that mistake, especially if she makes a claim that has to do with one of her Volkswagens. Just marvel in her time and move along... Haha!

I don't believe for a second that @nowcontrol had any malice in his heart when he made those comments about @skeagracing and his claims. Nowcontrol has more than proven himself to be an honorable, helpful, friendly guy in these forums as well. I think he honestly felt that maybe there were some shenanigans going on so he said so. I hope no bad feelings are created toward anyone over this incident.
Maybe no malice intended, and you are right in your appraisal of nowcontrol :) (My reply wasn't aimed @ nowcontrol , peace mate :) )
I think skeagracing deserves the same respect also, and his word as all others word should be taken.;)
Doubt WhoosierGirl @ your own peril :lol::lol: Much Respect !

Just a game folks try and enjoy and have some fun :lol:

Edit - on topic, I am having a great time on the seasonals trying as many different car combo's on each event as possible.
I have used and won each event with cars I never thought I would use, let alone win with :lol: Keep em coming. I have also used the Nissan 2020 VGT and the Aston Martin VGT on many occasions to GRIND this event.(Expert level) 👍
Anyway off to watch Falling Skies
:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks you gentlemen, the VW rules, lol.

Noticed this yesterday, on my Nautical account the Huayra is always the first race rabbit, on my Whoosier account the F1 is.
I have to reload once or twice to get it in the race, maybe it fears the Scirocco :)

My second favorite car:

Noticed this yesterday, on my Nautical account the Huayra is always the first race rabbit, on my Whoosier account the F1 is.
I have to reload once or twice to get it in the race, maybe it fears the Scirocco :)

My second favorite car:

You are the best, period!

My second favorite car:

Leading on lap 3 :bowdown:What Chrome is that Whoosier? The pink calipers are hilarious 👍

I've got a 1 year old. It's been a few weeks and a LONG time since I've run Tokyo so I picked the Huayra (fully adj. suspension at default settings, LSD at default settings, and race clutch with SS tires). After a few crashes at turn one (hard to find the right braking point for me here for some reason) and restarts, got second. 2.5 seconds off the Huayra (freakin rabbit; it was even white). After remembering this track, I'll try my Boss302.

Can you do front hood view too for the next videos?

Bumper view or hood?

Pinky girl, I have the exact time using Mclarin MP4 @ 650 PP but I always end up at 2nd place. Would you try a Mclarin MP4 with stock (no power upgrade, only weight reduction) and then try it again with fully max out power @650 PP. No tune. Please let me know your lap time. Please include a replay with interior view if you can.

I must have missed this, I don't think I have a that car but, I can check.

Twin Ring Motegi West Course_12.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_61.jpg

Tokyo R246_28.jpg

Last edited:
Back