A stupid Idea: Car dealerships.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chagen46
  • 40 comments
  • 3,819 views
So you're an old git too!

What was it called? Think we had it on Amiga or Atari ST...happy days :)

No way, I'm just a wee little baby child with hardly even any bum fluff. I'm ... erm ... doing a course in ... *cough* ... video game archaeology or something. Yeah, that's it - video game archeology (for the very young)

Game was called "Supercars", top down racer with interactive showroom haggle/bad jokes feature.
 
I loved the dealerships on TDU too, opening the doors, inspecting the interior and every detail was awesome, I just want that with a camera that I can freely control.

👍

I posted something similar somewhere else...can't remember the thread

No way, I'm just a wee little baby child with hardly even any bum fluff. I'm ... erm ... doing a course in ... *cough* ... video game archaeology or something. Yeah, that's it - video game archeology (for the very young)

Game was called "Supercars", top down racer with interactive showroom haggle/bad jokes feature.

I believe you ;)

I seem to remember if you gave the wrong answer to the saleman the car was more expensive or he just refused to sell it to you, in the days before internet it wasn't easy to find out how to avoid this! ...when I were lad it were all fields...used to kick a stick down the street for fun...kids today don't know they've been born...****, Jet Set Willy has just crashed again :)
 
Last edited:
Okay so it's the cop and not the car dealer but you might still get this reference. And if you do then you're OLD!
supcar2b2_t.png

Haha yeah that’s what I was on about in my post earlier, Supercars or Supercars 2 isn't it? Unbelievably lame by today’s standards but I used to love that game on the old Amiga. Great find 👍.
 
The one thing I think they should add is a test track. I hate when I buy a car and then realize it corners like a brick. That's usually the point I reset the game. Then, sometimes, the next car sucks also. If I could take it for a spin first it would save some time and frustration.
 
The ability to rotate the cars using L2 R2 and the return of the car stats and information screen from GT1 is all I need
 
Haha yeah that’s what I was on about in my post earlier, Supercars or Supercars 2 isn't it? Unbelievably lame by today’s standards but I used to love that game on the old Amiga. Great find 👍.

This screenshot exemplifies almost everything I love about old school gaming. I never played that one but it really reminds me of Skate or Die for the NES and the mohawked dude in the shop. Look out for Lester?!

OP: I'd love it to death if we could tour dealerships or do anything more involved than picking from a list. There's nothing wrong with the way it is now, but it could potentially be more fun
 
I like the idea, especially because we'll have avatars for ourself. But a sales man would creep me out a bit.
 
👍 I posted something similar somewhere else...can't remember the thread

:D I guess that's the free camera view thread, the only one I remember to being created by me so far. Watching the lighting effects flowing upon the car and controlling the camera to inspect every angle, that would be nice.

Personally, I don't see much trouble with prologue's dealerships, actually I like them very much, and the car movements are very clever too, the only turndown is the high speed of the rotation.

EDIT: * irrelevant * , I though I was replying to the general thread, sorry.
 
:D I guess that's the free camera view thread, the only one I remember to being created by me so far. Watching the lighting effects flowing upon the car and controlling the camera to inspect every angle, that would be nice.

Personally, I don't see much trouble with prologue's dealerships, actually I like them very much, and the car movements are very clever too, the only turndown is the high speed of the rotation.

Sounds like a good idea for a thread to me...we've had many more crazy ones than that :crazy:

I found my post on it, turns out it was in "What Car Buying Options Would You like to See In GT5" and was quite funny so I've quoted it in all its glory below :)

Really? Holy crap!

ATTN: evilneal ... you are no longer my personal hero!

I've cancelled the order for the SuperNeal suit and cape :(


On the car buying thing I'd like to be able to control the camera when viewing cars (pan round, zoom in etc), would help when comparing colours. I think being able to select which tuning options to buy at the same time would be the best idea though.
 
i quite like this idea actually. i think it would better for there to be a voice that tells you about the car upon request when walking up to it and not a digital assistant so to speak, maybe giving you a quick history about the car like real life competitions won with that particular model for example. also all the main specs such as manual or auto transmission, horsepower, torque etc. kinda like the scrolling info that gt5:prologue had underneath it's cars at the dealership. i also like the idea of the free camera for the interior

check this link of the 2010 mustang gt to see what i'm talking about
http://www.fordvehicles.com/mustang/?id=/customizer
scroll down to the bottom and click interior 360 views, then click interior 360 views to the bottom right (no direct link unfortunately)
i reckon it'll look amazing in game
 
The one thing I think they should add is a test track. I hate when I buy a car and then realize it corners like a brick. That's usually the point I reset the game. Then, sometimes, the next car sucks also. If I could take it for a spin first it would save some time and frustration.

Or you could just turn the autosave off? 💡
 
Back