A Theory on DLC

What's with all the track logos that were put on the GT5 website than?

It proof nothing at the moment, if you want to base all your hopes in a couple of logos well... good luck...
 
Hopefully at E3 Sony, PD will give us some info about GT5 or what they doing ...
 
I thought we would see something of the sort for repayment of all the downtime. I was certain they felt "we owe you all something". But clearly I was wrong. I too thought we might get some of the old tracks at a buck a piece or something. But the lack of communication is like being at work.
 
ronsmaps
I thought we would see something of the sort for repayment of all the downtime. I was certain they felt "we owe you all something". But clearly I was wrong. I too thought we might get some of the old tracks at a buck a piece or something. But the lack of communication is like being at work.

I want DLC, but why would PD owe us anything for PSN going down? They had nothing to do with the outage.

And I don't expect communication between PD and the community to improve any time soon.
 
What's with all the track logos that were put on the GT5 website than?

Who knows, we don't. There is so many things that lead to DLC but where the hell is it?


  • Track logos
  • AMG Academy at Road Atlanta with GT5 pods
  • The whole article about Pikes Peak in GT5 from someone that has supposedly seen it.

Either tell us we are getting something or keep doing what you think is best by updating the seasonals which isn't enough (which looks like that is all we are getting).

Why can't someone contact someone about the Pikes Peak fiasco.

Hey Jordan lets see some media muscle, try to find out something. :)

EDIT: Okay I sent Redbull a comment via their contact us link. I know I probably will not get a response but I said that the track is not in the game and their blog post should be removed or they need to find another blogger :)
 
Last edited:
Nothing wrong with fanboyism. I'm not as happy with it as you are. Blows my mind some of the bone head things they've done. I just want to get through it 100% with everything, then I've got the Dirts in my wishlist and hopefully I'll see Grid 2 soon. That'll keep me busy waiting on 6.

I'll probably end up getting really into Forza 4 if no DLC comes to fruition by the end of the year. It would just suck having to bite the bullet on buying another wheel. In the event that DLC does come out, I'll end up going back and forth between Forza and GT. I'm not "happy" with GT, but I'm not dissatisfied with it either. I'm happy that I'm getting that GT experience that is lacking with the Forza series, but the unpolished aspects of the game are annoying at times...blocky shadows and screen tears? Come on, guys...video games aren't something new, we as the human race should be better at this by now.
 
Personally I like GT more than any other racing sim. Burnout is my go to game for arcadey fun. But as I was saying. I would happily pay 1$ for each track in GT5... Or I don't know something like 10 tracks for 12$. I would pay for that.
 
With the PS3 capability of receiving updates for the games we only can think that extra content for GT5 is only logical, but I think that PD don't really have to do it or would not do it. We may never know the reason... I would have been great to have the perfect GT game even updating it a little bit every month or two...
 
First of all Kaz said the game that gets released is everything and there will be no DLC!

Kaz also said that the release of GT5 was just the start...

GT6 (assuming it is on the PS3) would not take five years. PD have invested a lot of time updating the entire GT code-base. This would have taken significant time. They have laid down the modern foundations for GT. New graphics, sound and physics, damage and online. Tweaking and improving these aspects would take much less time than creating them did.

There must be content that was work-in-progress at the time GT5 went gold. I feel some tracks didn't make GT5 because they weren't polished enough. Some tracks in GT5 don't feel as polished as others. Anyway, at the time of GT5's release, there could be multiple tracks that are 50% complete that didn't make the cut... and now, seven months later...

I hope for DLC and my gut feeling is that we will get a decent update. Kaz wanted more time (another two years) for GT5 so obviously didn't finish and get to include all he wanted to. Whether unfinished content and features make it in to GT5 as an update / DLC, or are held back for GT6 - perhaps a split of the two - we will have to wait and see.

I believe that PD's new game will be a GT for the NGP. At least half of PD are track and car modellers... their efforts wouldn't be wasted as any new content could be released for both PS3 and NGP versions. I don't feel that an NGP version of GT would consume all of PD's resources and prevent any progress with GT5 / GT6 on PS3.
 
A great example to this idea (please excuse my comparison) Forza.

You pointed to a generally superior game as an illustration. What's wrong with that? This is exactly what needs to be done for the betterment of the GT franchise; to take notes from what other games and their developers are doing better.
 
Back