• Thread starter Famine
  • 40 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I know it's been done before, but I'm ploughing my own furrow here - trying to reach 100% in GT6 with as few credits spent tuning and buying cars as I can possibly get away with and without repeating any races or events (I like a minimum game day gamesave). I'll also be looking at getting as deep into the game as I can without any spending - after the initial 17k outlay for the damnable Fit - but that's just for my own amusement. And no using the 15AE cars either!

I'll be doing no online and no Seasonals (which means I can't get Vision GT cars) and certainly no GT Academy as I don't want to waste any days or artificially swell my coffers - plus I'd like to find out how many miles GT6 has in it (though I may be out by ten or so, due to any Licence Test SNAFUs). Just 'cos.

So, on with the show:
Part 1 - 0-15% (17,000cr)
Part 2 - 15-30% (0cr)
Part 3 - 30-45% (0cr)
Part 4 - 45-60% (0cr)
Part 5 - 60-75% (0cr)
Part 6 - 75-90% (195,000cr)
Part 7 - 90-100% (836,740cr)

Current status - 100% (1,048,740cr)

Last edited:
So. New account, new gamesave, let's do this...

Day 1 - Brands [pause] Hatch [pause] Track [pause] Day [pause]
*sigh*

Luckily it's not long before it's over and, corralled into a Honda dealership with 17,000 creditpennies in my fist I have a 'nice', steely-coloured Honda Fit RS '10 to my name. May as well use it.

Days 2-3 - Sunday Cup (Novice)
A hopeless walkover, once Button Navigation had been sent packing and my lovely, lovely Cobalt Blue/Carmine Red instrument panel was fitted. 17,920cr pocketed.

*sproink* "First of Many" trophy. Indeed.

Days 4-6 - Amateur Cup (Novice)
Another hopeless walkover. Big Willow was amusing for all of a lap, while an AW11 MR2 put up the best fight he could, but he was all out of ideas by turn 2. 30,020cr in my wallet.

Days 7-9 - Novice Championship (Novice)
Even at a 100PP deficit, the AI are no match - a sprightly MR-S would have made things interestinger, but he was held up for a lap each time by a sluggish Celica ST162 and by the time he got free I was long gone. 300pt from 300pt and 45,140cr is my reward.

*sproink* "Series Champion" trophy. And there was any doubt?
For achieving all stars on the Novice level, a Renaultsport Clio is mine. Which is nice and all, but there's nothing wrong with the Fit for now.

Days 10-14 - National B Licence
It's nice to get a handle on some different cars for a change, but it's mostly just for 17 seconds or so. B1 sees me 0.8s clear of the gold time...

*sproink* "Half a Second Clear"

... while the gap's even bigger on B4 and B5

*sproink* "Novice Graduation"
Oooh, a Racing Kart!
*sproink* "All Gold National B License
And an Alfa MiTo. Which is also... nice. I suppose.

Well, since I've cleared up the rest of Novice, I may as well have a pop at the Coffee Break...

Day 15 - Coffee Break (Novice)
Ahh, the answer is always Miata. Is there a cone stuck in my teeth? Insta-gold and we're done here. Novice level is cleared and there's no need to look back.

Day 16-18 - Freshman Cup (National B)
Ah, higher level races, higher level opponents... oh. The Fit triumphs again!

*sproink* "Twinkle Twinkle"

Day 19-21 - 400PP Clubman Cup (National B)
Ahhh, opponents up to 500PP now. This should throw up a chall... oh.

Still, at Rome a Civic EP Type R does put up a fight until two corners from home... so perhaps there's more to come...

Day 22-24 - Five Minute Races (National B)
The 500PP opponents are no match for the mighty 350PP Fit on Comfort Softs as it destroys them at Autumn Ring Mini and Tsukuba (though a BMW 2002 does well to finish on the same lap)...

*sproink* "Three of a Kind"

... and a Civic EP Type R again at Rome again makes a good fight before a meek surrender two laps from home. *sigh*

*sproink* "Down the Road and Back"

Day 25-29 - National A Licence
Since I'm videoing this on my HD-PVR, I put on a good show for first time golds across the board - though not by large margins for the most part.

*sproink* "Careerist National B"
Honda S2000 awarded (mmm, yellow) - will come in handy for the FR events later.
*sproink* "All Gold National A License
KTM X-Bow Street. Nice. Very nice.

Day 30-35 - GWFOS
Apparently Lord March has heard of my Fit's prowess and invites me to test a number of vehicles up his driveway.

Now, I last did these in December and I'd swear I wasn't getting 4 second margins, but with this new account having no friends to compare to, I can't say for sure. Still, big wins across the board and for my trouble I'm awarded an LCC Rocket '07 (in black it looks like Darth Vader's codpiece) and a lovely Plymouth XNR Concept. Tasty.

Day 36-38 - The Moon
Despite doing my best to kill Scott and Irwin by putting their heads into Lunar regolith with a 400kg car driving the point home, all Lunar missions are golded and it's back to Earth in a Fit for me.

*sproink* "Moon Mission Accomplished"
*sproink* "One Giant Leap"

Day 39-41 - GT Compact Car Championship (National B)
The 450PP restriction means it's back to the days of the pathetic walkover, this time for 103,180cr. Easy work.

Day 42-43 - Coffee Break (National B)
It's not that knocking cones over in an MX-5 isn't fun but,

*sproink* "Accident Prone"

it's not really. The fuel economy test in the GT-R is mildly diverting as a handbrake-mediated 2.4 miles is achieved at a canter.

Day 44-48 - Mission Races (National B)
Ahh, this is more like it. So what if it's a bit chase-the-rabbit, at least it's a challenge to beat the AI to the finish line. Also I like Bathurst and a full lap of Silverstone is always welcome. Okay, so gold wasn't tough, but it was fun.

And we're at 15% achieved without a penny spent other than the required Fit purchase or a single wasted mile. 20 races attempted in the Fit, 20 won like the mighty chariot it is. 761,880 credits have been awarded thus far - which is almost as much as I think I'm going to need in total - so much for a broken economy...

Game completion: 15%
Trophy Count: 13
Car purchases this chapter: 17,000cr
Car tuning this chapter: 0cr
Credits earned this chapter: 761,880cr
Total money earned: 761,880cr
Total money spent: 17,000cr

GTPEDIA_0-100_15OnlyFit.jpg

Interim update - I threw the Fit at a 550PP race (FF Challenge) not seriously expecting it to fight with a 200PP and 1 tyre grade deficit, but it won comfortably. So I chucked it at the City Trials too (550PP, Sport Hard) and, though there were a couple of close finishes, it won those as well.

There's some 450PP races in National A grade it could possibly scrap for, but with the opponents on Sport Soft tyres it'll be giving too much away in the corners and losing out on the straights, to NSXs and the likes. Time to retire at 26 races, 26 wins and 18% and a million in the bank.

I wonder what its successor will be...
GTPEDIA_0-100_18OnlyFit.jpg

That's 30% reached now, using only the Fit, the Racing Kart Junior and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 Tommi Makinen - with no repeat races or events and no credits spent buying or tuning cars other than the initial required 13,000cr...

(image moved to post #10)

Attachments

• GTPEDIA_0-100_30.jpg
    GTPEDIA_0-100_30.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I'm **** trying to reach 100% in GT6 with as few credits spent tuning and buying cars as I can possibly get away with and without repeating any races or events (I like a minimum game day gamesave). I'll also be looking at getting as deep into the game as I can without any spending - after the initial 13k outlay for the damnable Fit - but that's just for my own amusement. And no using the 15AE cars either!

Good luck with this^^^^^👍

I ran a second gamesave up to 99% complete using a relatively minimal number of car purchases, but I used the 15th Anniversary cars, so it wasn't really all that restrictive.

Which races other than the One-Makes, do you envision being a problem, and might require a car purchase?

Respectfully,
GTsail

In one of those weird little twists you get from time to time, I couldn't update the thread properly because I was out driving an actual Evo 6 Tommi Makinen :lol:

SMMTTestEvo.jpg

Day 49-51 - FF Challenge (National B)
As noted in a post above, I wasn't expecting the Fit to be able to compete in this 550PP series, with the AI 200PP better off AND a tyre grade to the good. A Focus ST '13 did its best to keep up, but ultimately the Fit won without that much stress.

*sproink* "It's All In The Wrist"

For nabbing half the stars in National B, someone sends me a Lancia Delta. Good to look at if nothing else.

Day 52-54 - City Trials (National B)
With 550PP knocked off once, I had a crack at doing it again before retiring the Fit. I forgot to account for the fact that the London race is the shortest race of all outside the kart events and it was a close call, passing an R32 GT-R round the outside of the last bend. Tokyo's straight wasn't the greatest idea either - the front of the pack certainly stretched its legs at the end of the first lap and made taking the lead a tough challenge.

To bed with the little Fit - 26 wins from 26 races.

Day 55-57 - Sunday Kart Junior (National B)
Well, I got this earlier, and since I'm changing cars I may as well mop up this early kart series before I have to buy karts for later ones. Still an easy bunch of races though - but then the only really challenging kart event is the Shifters later on.

With the Kart out of the way, it's time to nominate a successor to the Fit... Step forward prize car Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR TME!

Day 58-60 - Japanese 90s Challenge (National B)
The step up to the 466PP Evo means this 540PP event is no harder than I was used to in the Novice section with the Fit. The NSX-R rabbit makes it a bit more fun though!

Day 61-63 - GWFOS
Lord March has invited me back for these quick cash time trials. Rude to decline - and he's given me a Corvette C2 for completing them.

*sproink* "Amateur Collector"

Days 64-66 - Turbo Sports Series (National A)
I've run out of events at National B - FR and Classic Sports car events don't suit the Fit or Evo and I don't own any cars for One-Make Races. So, National A.

The 550PP limit and sport soft tyres make this one a lot harder. The opposition, particularly the Esprit V8 one, have serious legs on me up Kemmel Straight (despite the hesitant Eau Rouge they take) but the Evo does the job with a few bends to spare at Spa. The classic GT tracks are less of a contest.

*sproink* "Starstruck: 100 Stars

Days 67-69 - 4WD Challenge (National A)
The 500PP limit and sport hard tyres means that this is, sadly, a demolition.

Days 70-74 - GT National Championship (National A)
Hmm. 500PP and Sport Hards. I wish I'd paid attention and kept the Fit for this - could have been 31.

However, the fast straights on these tracks, combined with the extra lap means that the AI could build up a significant advantage on the little Fit before their traditional give-up last lap. The Evo 6 instead makes light work - though a mightily powerful SRT8 Challenger makes Monza a little bit of a squeaker, but at Bathurst I had enough time to go knock over the tyres for...

*sproink* "Hidden Gem"

Days 75-79 - International IB Licence
Since it's unlocked and all... The Cone Slalom (IB1) is still a pain in the hoop and wrestling the V8 Vantage at Brands Hatch was a sweater, but all gold again in 5 minutes.

*sproink* "Careerist National A"
Scirocco R - should be useful for European events.
*sproink* "All Gold International B License
Mercedes SL55. Well it looks nice I suppose.

Days 80-84 - Mission Races (National A)
A whole bunch of easy, each knocked off first try. I never get bored of the KTM trial at Apricot Hill though. A BMW 1 Series tii is my prize, which should be useful for a One Make event.

Days 85-86 - Coffee Break (National A)
Oh joy, drifting. Clattering the cones in the Ferrari 458 seems almost amusing after that - though a few 37.x laps make it a bit niggly.

Days 87-92 - GWFOS
Lord March sends me one invite after another and all the cars are sent up his driveway without any issue. Except the X2010 Prototype, which is a bit of a sod. Eventually it too is taken down and I'm sent a Cizeta V16T and a Citroen GT for my trouble. Nice - could do the job in LTW later on...

*sproink* "Goodwood Regular"

Game completion: 30%
Trophy Count: 20
Car purchases this chapter: 0cr
Credits earned this chapter: 1,622,660cr
Total money earned: 2,384,540cr

GTPEDIA_0-100_30.jpg

For those keeping count, my car history so far is:
Honda Fit: 26 races (26 wins)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6: 14 races (14 wins)
GT Racing Kart Junior: 3 races (3 wins)
Good luck with this^^^^^👍

I ran a second gamesave up to 99% complete using a relatively minimal number of car purchases, but I used the 15th Anniversary cars, so it wasn't really all that restrictive.

Which races other than the One-Makes, do you envision being a problem, and might require a car purchase?

Respectfully,
GTsail
Historic cup, Like the wind-SSX and 24 min of LeMans
I don't see Le Mans being an issue - I'm good at the track and there's some pretty quick toys coming in the prize car lists. Like the Wind could be dealt with by either the McLaren F1 or Citroen GT - or Cizeta V16T, but that's less likely - but I'll need a little tuning money probably. If only for gearboxes.

But the Historics will be an issue. I don't think I can get away with tuning the C2 up and it may be quite expensive to do so in any case. The cheapest way to do it looks like buying a Challenger RT '70 and throwing some power at it (and lengthening the gears, but it should have a race box anyway), but it may depend on the strength of the AI grids/

Of course I'll have to buy a couple of karts too - albeit one fewer than in previous versions, thanks to Mr. Newey.

Ok, I should have said you need money for those races, not necessary a new car. Can't wait to see how you'll handle those races. Keep up and good luck with the grids.👍

I'm still in the 30s of percent, but the Evo 6 TME has just taken its 27th successive victory (in very unlikely circumstances against a Lexus LF-A) to replace the hardy wee Fit as my car with the most wins. I don't think it's got many more events left in it though - maybe a detune for Night Masters and a bash at the remaining two Tour of Japan races is just about the limit. I guess I'll have to find something that can take on the higher PP races to unlock International A.

the Evo 6 TME - maybe a detune for Night Masters

As an alternative, you could consider the Acura NSX '91 for the Night Masters.

Even though it has CS tires as stock, it can beat the various cars that show up in the Night Masters.:)

Good luck!
GTsail

Time to give the Mitsubishi a little rest at 32 victories in a row - that's 44% achieved without buying or tuning any cars (except the starter) using only a bone stock Fit RS '10, Evo 6 TME and 3 races in the Racing Kart Junior.

The Evo 6 will return though - it's ideally suited for Dirt Trials, but I need to spend 3,500cr on it to get the Dirt Tyres and I want to go as far as I can without paying for anything else first...

I'll post Part 3 - a 45% update - very shortly.

GTPEDIA_0-100_44.jpg

Day 93-95 - 500PP Clubman Cup (National A)
600PP limit, Sport Soft tyres... Should be a test!

And wasn't. The M3s and Esprit 350 you can find in these races held station at best over the first two laps then, as is tradition, gave up. Rome was done by turn 1 of lap 3 & Bathurst I had such a lead I could have done Hidden Gem again. Matterhorn was a bit tighter, only being settled at the bottom of the hill, but wasn't that close by the finish line.

Day 96-98 - 10 Minute Races (Int. B)
Turns out there's not all that many races the Evo qualifies for at National A level - a little power limiting would suit it to Night Masters and Gornergrat would be an interesting experiment with all the actual rally cars - so for now I'm moving to International B.

The 10 minute races are all 530PP and Sport Hards, so it was a predictable walkover for the Evo.

Days 99-101 - PD Cup (Int. B)
But a chunk of the PD Cup wasn't, despite the shorter 500PP limit. No, a Nissan GT-R showed up at Motegi and the difference was less than a second at the finish, so while Trial Mountain was a simple matter it's not always necessarily going to be the case in PD Cup. Phew.

Curious matter though - the Evo 6 originally wasn't eligible, due to failing the tuning requirement. Of course I haven't tuned the car (look at my shine 0cr spent) and the only thing you can adjust other than power and weight is the AYC and that was set to the stock 30. Switched to settings sheet B and it passed despite everything being the same...

Days 102-105 - Red Bull Karting Masters
It's getting a struggle to find Evo 6 eligible (and sensible races), so I took a small Red Bull break.

Yeah, karting isn't difficult until the Shifters, so this was a walk in the proverbial park. Netted me a nice RB Kart 125 for later use :D Also, loadsamoney.

Days 106-110 - Missions (Int. B)
I haven't yet netted the 20 stars required to unlock the final event in International B, but the Red Bull break made me itch for other cars again. These Missions aren't too tricky - I even golded the Cizeta/Autumn Ring one despite not passing the lead Ferrari and crashing into the pit lane - and there's an Elise Race Car for the trouble. I spotted an event earlier this might be good for...

Days 111-112 - Coffee Break (Int. B)
A little more procrastinating, but I do like the CR-Z fuel efficiency test. The MX-5 cone hockey game is just the same as the Ferrari one earlier but without an actual track. Big whup.

Days 113-115 - Gornergrat League (National A)
It turns out that the actual rally cars are rubbish when asked to run on the Sport Soft tyres that limit them in this race and even on the tiny Dristelen track with two braking points, the Evo 6 whumps them. So, if we can do THAT 600PP/SS race...

Days 116-118 - Tour of Japan (Int. B)
Twin Ring Motegi and Suzuka are, it turns out, not especially challenging races - with even a sprinting rabbit LF-A at Motegi not putting up much of a fight on lap 4. Tokyo turns out to be a beast, with an R390 Road Car, a GT-R Black and a Tommy kaira ZZII all in the mix. Didn't take the lead until the final corner and managed to stroke it home

We're nearly out of events for the Evo 6 now, so I'm going to give it a small detune to fit into the Night Masters criteria and retire it after it's collected 9 more stars. What will replace it?

Days 119-123 - Red Bull Juniors
But first let us mop up some other events open to us. The Junior RBX2014s are aurally pleasing and very easy to drive. None of the races is especially challenging, but Motegi is an embarrassing win by a clear sector... The prize car - a RB Junior - is amusingly pointless.

Days 124-128 - Red Bull Standards
The Standards not so much. I really hate driving these and the noise is infuriating, so it's TCS to 1, SRF on, Racing Soft tyres and just get it the hell out of the way. Trial Mountain - one of my favourite tracks - is an amazing chore as it's not really suited to F1 speeds, but with 500pt on the board the title is mine and the prize car is straight into the stockyard. Hateful.

Days 129-131 - Red Bull X Challenge
But they're still slightly less hateful than the X2014 Fan Car. Suzuka is a 45 minute waste of time, Spa is done in four attempts - as Vettel crashes his own car repeatedly - and Monza is done at the first time of asking (SRF on, TCS 0, if you need to know). A monotone joy-vacuum informs me that "driving is always fun" (yeah, this wasn't, Fingerboy), I get a stockyardable Red Bull X2014 Fan Car and to get on with my life.

Days 132-134 - Night Masters (National A)
Detuning the Evo6 - maximum ballast and a 96.6% power limiter setting - for its swansong seems almost sacrilege, and it whumps the competition as soundly as I'd expect a car at the PP limit to. The AI's braking (particularly at Rotenboden) with the Sport Soft tyres is hilarious as they perform frequent stoppies, but we're free of anything challenging.

The TME "retires" (it'll be back for Dirt Trials, probably) on 32 wins from 32 after 281.4 miles covered.

Days 135-137 - FR Challenge (National B)
Since I'm in a quandary about the Evo's successor, I figure I should mop up stars at lower tier events and I've only got six left in National B. A very, very sexy Corvette Racing Concept (awarded for stage 3 of GWFOS) qualifies for both events - FR Challenge and Classic Sportscars - so it seems an efficient and classy way to round out this section of the attempt.

However, I forgot that it'd not have much by way of gears and it tops out at 127mph in 4th. Makes for an interesting challenge on the straights of Grand Valley East and Silverstone, but it's not that close in the end.

*sproink* "Old Dog, New Tricks" - well, quite.

And with that series wrapped up, we hit 45%...

Game completion: 45%
Trophy Count: 21
Credits earned this chapter: 11,924,940cr
Total money earned: 14,309,480cr

GTPEDIA_0-100_45.jpg

If you're still keeping count, the car history is:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6: 32 races (32 wins)
Chevrolet Corvette Racing Concept '59: 3 races (3 wins)
Plus
Red Bull X2014 Junior: 5 races (5 wins)
Red Bull X2014 Standard: 5 races (5 wins)
Red Bull Racing Kart 125: 4 races (4 wins)

Are you utilizing the log-in bonus here?
Yes, though it has no bearing on the game progress. I'll need around 1m credits in total and, without the login bonues, I'd already be at over 7 times that. It's simply because I might want to use the account later :D

Stage Four...

Days 138-140 - Classic Sportscars (National B)
The Corvette slots right into Classic Sportscars to mop up the B class stars - Silverstone is a bind as before, but it's an easy run thanks to the rest of the classics being... dogs.

Days 141-143 - Classic Muscle (National A)
I figure that the other muscle cars will be similarly afflicted by gearing so jump right on in. And it turns out that the Shelby Cobras... aren't. Luckily they're not good at corners either, so it's another clear set of wins despite the 110PP and 2 tyre grade deficit.

*sproink* Star Attraction: 200 Stars

Days 144-146 - Classic Supercars (International B)
Hey, in for a penny.

Now it turns out that the Ford GT40 and Lamborghini Miura are Pretty Nippy, but they're surprisingly easy prey, even at Rome, thanks to GT6's unique AI Giving Up At Half Way mechanism. Hmm.

I have twigged at this point that I'm reaching a bottleneck. I have plenty of cars to take on some of the lower races and a couple One Makes, but while it'll rack up the percentage completions I won't be able to get any more cars to take on the GT All Stars required at International B to unlock the licence. This means that I've got to do the event with one of the cars I've already got and that narrows it down to the powerful but phenomenally poor Cizeta, the incredible in the corners crap on straights LCC Rocket (and the AI are on Race Hards) or the all rounder Citroen GT Road Car.

Yup.

Days 147-151 - GT All Stars (International B)
Holy bumfloss, Batman, this is a beast compared to any series I've driven so far. Top end supercars on race hards - three grades better - with a 90PP advantage over the Citroen.

Demanding five perfect laps at each track, bar the occasional oblivious AI bump, it's not easy and my winning margin was at no point greater than 0.15s to the 2nd place (and might I add, FEROCIOUSLY overtuned) McLaren MP4-12C, with the 0.09s victory at Grand Valley being the literal finishing touch.

*sproink* Finale

That unlocks International B's graduation event - the IA licence - for more nommy, nommy progression. I'm only at 49%, by the way...

Days 152-156 - International A Licence
Who doesn't love a cone slalom eh? Oh yes, everyone. Silly me. Still, all's well that ends well and I have a shiny Evoque and G37 to add to my stable of cars I probably won't use.

*sproink* Careerist International B
*sproink* All-Gold International A

This unlocks International A events, which is bad news as they're heavily race car-biased and I don't own any race cars. So, since we're now car-hopping, let's mop up the lower tier events. With the exception of Clubman Kart 100 (for which I don't have a suitable kart), Electric Circuits (which I'll come back to when I've won a Tesla at S level), Dirt Trials (for which I'll need dirt tyres) and Historic Racing Cars (which will require a car purchase - oh joy), I've got enough ammunition to mop up most events and a few One Make races too. Starting with...

Days 157-159 - Schwarzwald League (National A)
I could use a BMW 1 tii or a Mercedes SL55 but, for a laugh and with an eye on the next event, I've chosen the VW Scirocco. Which I didn't notice until just now comes with Comfort Soft tyres. Genius.

Apart from Cape Ring though, which was won pretty much at the last turn from the Ruf BTR, this isn't as challenging as you might expect with the 125PP deficit and three tyre grades' difference...

Days 160-162 - European Hot Hatch (National A)
Actually, the Renault Megane RS Trophy here provides a stiffer competition - though it's absent from the Spa race and that one's something of a demolition. Ah well.

Days 163-165 - NA Sports (National A)
I missed this when I was playing through with the Corvette Racing Concept, so it's time to whip it out again.

Quite why I keep forcing this car to run the complete Silverstone GP circuit I don't know, but the three races are more or less a breeze. The BMW M3 CSL runs me closest at Brands Hatch, with the pass for the lead coming at Dingle Dell on the last lap.

Days 166-168 - MR Challenge (National A)
On my first run through career mode I used the KTM X-Bow Street extensively, but I haven't touched it yet this time. I think that's worth changing.

It needs a mild detune to get into the event - 96.5% limiter and 49kg of ballast - but it sets it bang on the limit. Fortunately, as the short length of Madrid Mini combined with the long rolling start means that the GT40 is round the first turn before I've even got power on. Last corner wins FTW. The other events are not so close.

But given the destruction it has wrought over the Miura/GT40 (compared to the Corvette, which beat the same field with less margin) now I'm wondering how the KTM trackday special will cope with higher PP races and low level race cars...

Days 169-170 - World Circuit Tour (International A)
So this was a bad plan. The races are doable - maybe Spa and Daytona a lot less so - so I'll be coming back to this later with a different car. Still, we checked off Motegi (by a few tenths from an RS200) and Ascari (at which all AI cars are terrible). Moving on.

Days 171-175 - Super GT300 Championship (International A)
I was tempted somewhat to whip the KTM back out for this, but Fuji would have been catastrophic. So, it's time for the recently-won High End Performance G37 to show me what it can do - Sports Soft tyres as standard...

It doesn't actually feel all that fast compared to the KTM, but storms the series - I've raced Motegi in both the last two series and the G37 does have the edge. Fifteen more stars unlocks the mini-events...

Days 176-180 - Mission Races (International A)
Ah, much of a muchness really. Suzuka I don't remember being so tight (though I do remember the Motul being awkward), though the two GT-R tests are one-try wonders and the Dino is a breeze as usual.

Days 181-182 - Coffee Break (International A)
Oh hurrah, another drift test. The avoid-all-obstacles cone challenge is fun though, once I'd managed to stop over-rotating the KTM in the first cone slalom section.

Day 183 - World Circuit Tour (International A)
Since I'm just about bouncing off 60% and the G37 is quicker than the KTM, I headed back to WCT to polish off the Brands Hatch race. 60% done and onto Phase 5 - where I suspect I'm going to have to spend some money...

Game completion: 60%
Trophy Count: 25
Credits earned this chapter: 2,848,980cr
Total money earned: 17,158,460cr

GTPEDIA_0-100_60.jpg

For record-keepers, the car history is now:
Chevrolet Corvette Racing Concept '59: 15 races (15 wins)
VW Scirocco R: 6 races (6 wins)
High End Performance G37: 6 races (6 wins)
KTM X-Bow Street: 5 races (5 wins)
Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car: 5 races (5 wins)
Plus
Red Bull Racing Kart 125: 4 races (4 wins)

Famine's "Pennies" run-thru idea looks pretty intriguing:tup:, so a few days ago I began my own game to give this a go.:)

I only expect to be able to get to 98% or so, because I seem to lack the skills for Gold at the three drift challenges,:banghead: but otherwise I should be able to make it to the end.:)

Famine has already done an excellent job with his brief race reports just above:tup:, so with Famine's permission, I'm only going to post a summary of my progress and maybe add a few comments about the interesting races, as I advance thru the game.

Summary results at the 5% mark:
--- Longest Distance: 31.6 miles - Honda Fit RS '10
--- Most Wins: 8 with the Honda Fit RS '10
--- Top Speed: 120mph - Honda Fit RS '10
--- Favorite Course: 7.7 miles - Brands Hatch
--- Total Distance: 44.8 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top cars used:
---------------------
Honda Fit RS '10 --------- 31.6 miles
Renault Clio RS '11 --------- 6.2 miles

Summary results at the 10% mark:
--- Longest Distance: 44.4 miles - Renault Clio RS '11
--- Most Wins: 9 with the Renault Clio RS '11
--- Top Speed: 150mph - Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Favorite Course: 13.4 miles - Circuito di Roma
--- Total Distance: 115.5 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top cars used:
---------------------
Renault Clio RS '11 --------- 44.4 miles
Honda Fit RS '10 ----------- 31.6 miles
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ---- 13.7 miles
Racing Kart Junior ---------- 3.1 miles

Summary results at the 15% mark:
--- Longest Distance: 57.8 miles - Renault Clio RS '11
--- Most Wins: 12 with the Renault Clio RS '11
--- Favorite Course: 17.7 miles - Silverstone
--- Total Distance: 177.0 miles
--- No tuning costs
--- No car purchases (other than the initial Honda Fit RS)

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Renault Clio RS '11 --------- 57.8 miles
Honda S2000 '06 ----------- 31.8 miles
Honda Fit RS '10 ----------- 31.6 miles
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ---- 13.7 miles
Racing Kart Junior ---------- 5.7 miles

Summary results at the 20% mark:
--- Longest Distance: 69.6 miles - Renault Clio RS '11
--- Most Wins: 15 with the Renault Clio RS '11
--- Favorite Course: 29.5 miles - Goodwood Hillclimb
--- Total Distance: 241.4 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Renault Clio RS '11 ----------------- 69.6 miles
Honda S2000 '06 ------------------- 31.8 miles
Honda Fit RS '10 -------------------- 31.6 miles
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ------------ 28.5 miles
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 15.2 miles

As you can see, the '59 Corvette StingRay Concept makes its appearance!👍 Who knew that its such a giant killer!:) I also begin my repeated assents of the Goodwood Hill, so the mileage there begins to add up.

Summary results at the 25% mark:
--- Top Speed: 152mph - KTM X-Bow Street '12
--- Favorite Course: 29.5 miles - Goodwood Hillclimb
--- Total Distance: 335.0 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
KTM X-Bow Street '12 -------------- 50.1 miles
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ------------ 28.5 miles

The KTM X-Bow Street is quite a nice car, so once I win it by doing the National A License tests, I take it for a spin on the Matterhorn tracks in the Gornergrat League against a lineup of '80's Rally Cars:)

Summary results at the 30% mark:
--- Top Speed: 167mph - Cizeta V16T '94
--- Favorite Course: 36.2 miles - Goodwood Hillclimb
--- Total Distance: 411.7 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ------------ 65.4 miles

I use the Cizeta V16T '94 for the three Italia Festival races (Nat'l A Series) and set a new top speed mark.:) even though I had to de-tune it down to 500PP to meet the Race requirements.

Summary results at the 35% mark:
--- Top Speed: 178mph - Mercedes SL 55 AMG '02
--- Favorite Course: 36.5 miles - Silverstone
--- Total Distance: 535.4 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ------------ 65.4 miles
Mercedes SL 55 AMG '02 ----------- 57.1 miles
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 45.2 miles

The Mercedes SL 55 AMG '02 makes its initial appearance with some wins in the Tour of Europe Series (Int'l B), and sets a new top speed record in the process!:) The Silverstone race track has suplanted Goodwood as my favorite course.:) I have also passed the $1 million mark in Total Earnings and now have $1,329,320 in credits.:)

Summary results at the 40% mark:
--- Longest Distance: 109.6 miles - Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Most Wins: 17 with the Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Favorite Course: 43.7 miles - Mount Panorama
--- Total Distance: 641.1 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ----------- 109.6 miles
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 60.4 miles

The Mits Lancer EVO VI TME gets some more track time so it takes over top honors with the most wins, and I get to put in some quality time at Bathurst!:)

Summary results at the 45% mark:
--- Longest Distance: 109.6 miles - Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Most Wins: 17 with the Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Favorite Course: 47.8 miles - Silverstone
--- Total Distance: 742.7 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ----------- 109.6 miles

As you can see, I didn't use any of the top mileage cars for this particular 5% stint. I was mainly working on the Red Bull Challenges, so I didn't need to put many miles on my own cars.:) My Total Earnings has ballooned up to $3,800,860 at this mark.:) Silverstone has eeked back out in front as my favorite course.:)

Results at the 50% mark:
--- License: International B
--- Awards: 45/75
--- Stars: 273/573
--- Cars Owned: 46
--- No of Races: 106
--- No of Wins: 106
--- Current Credits: $4,423,860
--- Total Earnings: $4,410,860
*Note*I am not signing into PSN, so the above earnings are without any sign-on bonuses
--- Cost of Tuning: $0
--- Total Distance: 885.3 miles
--- Driving Time: 9.8 hours
--- Photos taken: 0
--- Paint: 114
--- Gear: 3
--- Longest Distance: 175.5 miles - Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Most Wins: 23 with the Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Favorite Dealer: 1 car - Honda
--- Favorite Course: 66.1 miles - Circuito di Roma

Top ten cars used:
---------------------
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ----------- 175.5 miles
KTM X-Bow Street '12 -------------- 101.2 miles
Renault Clio RS '11 ------------------ 69.6 miles
Mercedes SL 55 AMG '02 ------------ 57.1 miles
Cizeta V16T '94 ---------------------- 44.0 miles
Honda S2000 '06 -------------------- 31.8 miles
Acura NSX '91 ----------------------- 27.6 miles
LCC Rocket '07 ---------------------- 20.5 miles

The LCC Rocket wins me the "Three of a Kind" trophy with a lap time of 1:18.222:)

Summary results at the 55% mark:
--- Top Speed: 201mph - GT by Citroen Road Car
--- Favorite Course: 73.3 miles - Circuito di Roma
--- Total Distance: 1,061.1 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 113.3 miles
GT by Citroen Road Car ------------ 104.7 miles
KTM X-Bow Street '12 ------------- 101.2 miles

The GT by Citroen Road Car sets a new top speed record with a fast run at La Sarthe in the Supercar Festival (Int'l B Series).

Summary results at the 60% mark:
Unable to resist the siren call from the salespeople at the new car Dealerships, I have opened up my checkbook and purchased three new cars:

The electrifying Toyota Prius G '09 for $24,500
GT Racing Kart 100 for $6,500
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car for $175,000

They have helped me win a few races that I had skipped, so my progress continues:
--- No. of Races: 134, No. of Wins: 134
--- Favorite Dealer: 1 car - Dodge
--- Favorite Course: 80.1 miles - Brands Hatch
--- Total Distance: 1,184.3 miles
--- No tuning costs
--- Total spent on 4 cars: $223,000 (including Honda Fit RS)

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 113.3 miles
GT by Citroen Road Car ------------ 104.7 miles
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car ---- 72.9 miles

Having all these new cars has allowed me to finish off all of the National A Series races, so I have been gifted a new RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 for my troubles.

Its interesting that my favorite Dealer is now Dodge. I guess the game compares the spending amount at each Dealership if there is a tie in the number of cars purchased.

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
So I'm a little bit stuck at the moment. I'm on 72% (220 days) and I have only three possible races I can do with my existing fleet - the 15 Minute Races - but they'll be very tricky AND even if I manage them I'll still be stuck.

It might be time to receive the Mercedes AMG VGT as a gift - but then apart from Like the Wind, I'm not sure that will get me any further either...

Good job I have plenty of spending money left...

Oh, me of little faith...

Phase 5...

The fact I don't own any racing cars and GT World Championship will pretty much require one - so all of the S-level events and indeed the S-licence itself (where I'd get a GT3 Audi which would be useful for GTWC) is preying on my mind right now.

Since aim 1 is to get as deep into the game as possible without buying anything at all, I'm going to head back and mop up what I can, even if that means car jumping...

Days 184-186 - Festival Italia (National A)
The lowest ranked remaining event I don't need a purchase for as Clubman Kart (purchase required) and Electric Circuits (prize car available... in S-licence) are off limits for now. I have four Italian cars and only two of them meet PP limits. So, into the 403PP Integrale...

*sproink* Star Attraction: 300 Stars
*sproink* Trailblazer - that little FIAT 500 just isn't suited to these events...

Day 187 - BMW 1 Series 1MR (National A)
A brief flit with the BMW 1 Series tii Concept. 5 laps is 6 laps too many. Moving on.

Days 188-190 - Tour of Europe (International B)
Time to dig the KTM out again and this event is a formality.

Days 191-193 - Tour of America (International B)
This sounds like a job for the High End G37. Nine more stars mopped up.

Days 194-196 - Supercar Festival
In for a penny. I can't be bothered to switch to the Citroen GT and the G37 is on the requisite Sports Softs, so in it goes. Silverstone is fairly untroubling, Le Mans is ridiculous - I twice got battered at absolutely insane speeds by the One-77, punching me up to an instantaneous 195mph...

*sproink* Speed Demon (International B)

... but kept it together for the win. When I backed out to check my status, I was awarded a Jaguar XKR-S and was tempted to switch, but ran Monza in the G37 again (because Sport Softs) for three wins.

Days 197-199 - Tuned Car Festival (International B)
Since I'm in the G37 and this event was literally made for it (it's one of the AI cars), I may as well. The large PP limit and the relative low PP of the G37 (531) means...

*sproink* David & Goliath

... neat.

Days 200-202 - Midnight Racers (International B)
And the AI field here is identical. For that matter, the entire Daytona Road race is identical, just in the dark. Woo. Nine more stars without trial.

Days 203-205 - 550PP World Touring Car Championship (International A)
Since the KTM did well with the GT300s and I've already got the G37 out...

This didn't go well. Getting to the front was tricky enough with a Falken R34 and an A4 DTM squabbling, but staying there was nightmareish. I think we've found the limit of races I can enter, unless the Ferrari F430 and Citroen GT can do better - on worse tyres...

Days 206-207 - World Circuit Tour (International A)
Nearly forgot to mop up Spa and Daytona with the G37...

Days 208-210 - British Lightweights (International B)
Amazingly I've never driven the LCC Rocket and with the addition of just 15kg ballast it qualifies for this series. Which proves not tricky, despite two races also involving AI Rockets...

Days 211-213 - GT Kart Championship 125 (International B)
And since I've got that Red Bull Kart, I may as well use it. As mentioned before, no kart series outside IA's Shifter series is all that tricky, and 300pt and 9 stars says I'm not wrong.

It's starting to get difficult to mop up races now. Along with the two series at National A (Clubman Kart requires purchase, Electric Circuits requires S-Licence pass), I've got three series at IB level too. Historics needs a car purchase (probably) and Dirt Trials needs a tuning purchase (dirt tyres), but Fighting Muscle remains open to me. I wonder how the Corvette will fare...

Day 214 - Corvette 1MR (International B)
So there's a scale of bad ideas and somewhere just below "trim your toenails with a scythe" there is "race 12 Corvette C7 Stingrays at Willow Springs in a '59 racer concept with a 127mph limit".

This would make a superb challenge - you need four back-to-back low 1'28 laps following a 1'30 opener. The 1959 car has, at least, racing suspension which allows for some tweaking out of handling habits, so Mr. Salinas and his C7 cohorts fell by the wayside.

By 0.079s.

Days 215-217 - Fighting Muscle (International B)
Still, compared to racing a C6 ZR1, a Viper ACR and two Ford GTs, that seems relatively sane.

In the end, though Spa was a little close, none of these races were all that troublesome - and now all I've got left are car purchases, tyre purchases and International A. Oh joy.

Days 218-220 - Rainmasters (International A)
This is not a lot of fun in the Citroen GT, with the 'Ring in particular being supremely annoying. Three wins takes me nine stars closer to that NASCAR Stock car, but I'm not sure I'm going to have enough ammo left.

Days 221-222 - Fifteen Minute Races (International A)
An epiphany strikes while scouring races to see what I've missed. The Elise Race car seems ideal for the Elise 1MR, but alas it's on racing hard ty... wait a minute...

I have a 500PP Elise racing car on racing tyres in my fleet, perfect for the Fifteen Minute Races. Apricot Hill and Ascari are a blast, but it's badly outclassed on the straights and this leaves me concerned about how it'll pass Schwedenkreuz, Kesselchen, Adenauer, Klostertal and, of course, Dottinger Hohe at the 'Ring. What I need is more pace, perhaps at the expense of a tyre grade...

Day 223 - Fifteen Minute Races (International A)
... and the HEP G37 provides that on soft tyres. The win is a breeze and that gets me thinking... the lead AI here are GT1 class McLarens and Ford GTs, while GT3s are easy prey, passed in the very early stages...

Days 224-228 - Group GT3 (International A)
And indeed the GT3s are not sufficient to keep the G37 from taking five straight wins. Their prodigious straight line speed by comparison makes Monza a bind, but if the former Infiniti can latch onto the slipstream it's a much less tricky affair.

And with that we've crested the 75% mark with our wallets intact. But what's next? The stock car is 8 stars away from me (well, 9 since I'm minimum day-ing), the 600PP World Touring Car series contains some far too serious weaponry - as does Dream Car Championship - and that really only leaves me with Like the Wind (for which I'm seriously underequipped) and the GT500 event... Or give in and buy a car.

Choices...

Game completion: 75%
Trophy Count: 29
Credits earned this chapter: 4,842,160cr
Total money earned: 22,000,620cr

GTPEDIA_0-100_75.jpg

My car history:
High End Performance G37: 29 races (29 wins)
Chevrolet Corvette Racing Concept '59: 19 races (19 wins)
KTM X-Bow Street: 8 races (8 wins)
Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car: 8 races (8 wins)
Red Bull Racing Kart 125: 7 races (7 wins)
VW Scirocco R: 6 races (6 wins)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale: 3 races (3 wins)
LCC Rocket Car: 3 races (3 wins)
Lotus Elise Race Car '96: 2 races (2 wins)
BMW 1 Series Concept tii: 1 race (1 win)
Plus

Well done Famine!👍
Excellent work getting to the 75% mark without buying any cars:tup:

I've already purchased two Kart's and the Dodge Challenger Race Car on my run-thru to the 75% mark.....

Summary results at the 65% mark:
--- Favorite Course: 92.5 miles - Brands Hatch
--- Total Distance: 1,486.6 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
GT by Citroen Road Car ------------ 202.5 miles
Dodge Challenger Race Car -------- 141.9 miles
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 123.5 miles
KTM X-Bow Street '12 ------------- 101.2 miles

Summary results at the 70% mark:
--- Favorite Course: 92.5 miles - Brands Hatch
--- Total Distance: 1,636.8 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Dodge Challenger Race Car -------- 196.2 miles
Lotus Elise Race Car '96 ------------ 141.9 miles
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 123.5 miles

Summary results at the 73% mark:
--- Favorite Course: 104.8 miles - Willow Springs
--- Total Distance: 1,714.8 miles
--- No tuning costs

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Dodge Challenger Race Car -------- 228.7 miles
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 160.3 miles

Once I pass the 73% Mark as shown above, I decide to spend some of my winnings, so I drop $3,500 on a set of dirt tires for the Mits Lancer EVO VI GSR TME and take the Lancer EVO to the Dirt Trials (International B Series) and have some fun off-roading.:)

Results at the 75% mark:
--- License: International A
--- Awards: 60/75
--- Stars: 468/573
--- Cars Owned: 60
--- No of Races: 173
--- No of Wins: 173
--- Current Credits: $8,359,880
--- Total Earnings: $8,566,380
--- Cost of Tuning: $3,500
--- Total Distance: 1,801.4 miles
--- Driving Time: 19.2 hours
--- Photos taken: 0
--- Paint: 117
--- Gear: 4
--- Longest Distance: 302.3 miles - Dodge Challenger Race Car
--- Most Wins: 26 with the Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Favorite Dealer: 2 cars - Gran Turismo
--- Favorite Course: 104.8 miles - Willow Springs
--- Cars purchased: 5 for $233,000

The initial Honda Fit RS '10 for $17,000
The electrifying Toyota Prius G '09 for $24,500
GT Racing Kart 100 for $6,500
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car for $175,000
GT Racing Kart 125 shifter for $10,000

Top ten cars used:
---------------------
Dodge Challenger Race Car -------- 302.3 miles
GT by Citroen Road Car ------------- 202.5 miles
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ------------ 188.5 miles
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 160.3 miles
Renault Clio RS '11 ------------------ 69.6 miles
Mercedes SL 55 AMG '02 ------------ 57.1 miles
Cizeta V16T '94 ---------------------- 44.0 miles
High End Perf. G37 ------------------- 33.2 miles

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
Apologies - I missed @TheProRacer post due to work and @GTsail290 PM due to my router bricking!

Long and short, no. I've been busy with Le Mans and Goodwood and catching up on writing things and all sorts of crazy. I am on Day 234 currently, having bought two things - a set of dirt tyres for my Evo and a Dodge Challenger R/T '70 Race Car. This has enabled me to clean up International B to win a Diablo GT2 that I'm probably going to take to GT All Stars to unlock the S-Licence and another purchase-less breather.

Apologies - I missed @TheProRacer post due to work and @GTsail290 PM due to my router bricking!

That's ok! I appreciate your response! 👍

Long and short, no. I've been busy with Le Mans and Goodwood and catching up on writing things and all sorts of crazy. I am on Day 234 currently, having bought two things - a set of dirt tyres for my Evo and a Dodge Challenger R/T '70 Race Car. This has enabled me to clean up International B to win a Diablo GT2 that I'm probably going to take to GT All Stars to unlock the S-Licence and another purchase-less breather.

I hope you have had a good time at those events. Still you've only purchased very minuscule items. Good luck to the rest of your GT career! :cheers:

Very interesting. Have you completed the whole career yet? (as of July 5th)

I've made additional progress, and have continued on past the 90% completion mark, but have not reached the end yet.

So far, at the 90% mark, the only tuning costs incurred has been $3,500 for a set of dirt tires.

I haven't posted my results because I was waiting for Famine to post his race details. I haven't been making detailed notes about each race, since Famine's have been quite good,👍 and mine would have been mostly redundant. So, mostly, all I have kept are the progress totals as I have proceeded, which aren't nearly as interesting as Famine's race reports.👍

Running thru the game using such a limited selection of cars has been great fun, even if a few of the races are extremely challenging!:eek:

Respectfully,
GTsail

Just a brief note to say that putting the Jeff Gordon Drive to End Hunger NASCAR stock car into the GT World Championship is really tough - it's actually marginally easier to use the same Dodge Challenger you use for the Historics, but slap the supercharger onto it... I'm sticking it out for now :D

Yeah, tough, but its great fun beating the LeMans Prototypes with Jeff Gordon's Chevy!:):)

The races at Spa, Silverstone and the 'Ring were tough and close, but in the end I was able to claim the victory.:scared::)

A little chrome horn might have been employed.;)::D

GTsail

Back