A Yorkshire Gamer: 0-100% for pennies

• Thread starter Famine
  • 40 comments
Phase 6
Looking at the remaining options, I'm unenthused. I don't want to use the AMG Vision GT (and in any case it's no better than the CGT), the Elise can win most of the GT500 events but it'll not get near Fuji... so it's time to break my spending duck...

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR TME - Dirt Tyres purchased (3,500cr)

Days 229-231 - Dirt Trials (International B)
A romp. It seems the GT6 AI are awfuller on dirt than they are on tarmac...

This leaves me with only the Historic Racing Car Cup left at this level and there is only the one choice for a skinflint here...

Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70 purchased (175,000cr)

*sproink* Two Car Garage - yes, really!

Days 232-234 - Historic Racing Car Cup (International B)
My last nine remaining stars at International B. I opt to do it in reverse order and get a favourable Silverstone grid - the Chaparral 2D is at the front in a pair, no 2J or Toyota '70 to be found - and it's a walkover... The Toyota 7 shows up at Apricot Hill to hold up the Chappy 2J for me and Cote d'Azur is an irrelevance. Turns out the Dodge can do this series with no tuning at all...

For completing International B's stars, a Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98 is mine...

Gran Turismo Kart 125 Shifter purchased (10,000cr)
Since I'm buying cars, I may as well put out some money onto the Shifter kart - a required purchase for the game - and grab those important nine stars to get that NASCAR stock car.

Days 235-237 - GT 125 Kart Shifter Championship (International A)
You should all know by now that this is the hardest series in the game - primarily due to the final race at GT Arena - but if you can maintain decent laptimes it's just a case of waiting for the AI to give up at halfway as usual and stroke it home for the series win.

*sproink* Three Miraculous Laps during the GT Arena round, a bunch of consecutive 28.2 laps!

Also, that's International A half stars and that means... Drive To End Hunger Chevrolet SS 2014 is mine! All mine! Shall we see if it can cope with the GT World Championship?

Days 238-242 - GT World Championship (International A)
And the answer is "Yes" and "Really quite badly". I've managed to conjure up a reasonable track setting for it, but ultimately your ability to win this race in this car probably hinges on the presence of the Toyota 7 '70 in the line-up (he holds everyone up in the bends on the first two laps) and the absence of machinery like the Sauber C9 and, particularly, the Minolta 88C-V...

Bathurst is a tricky one to win - reeling in the leaders, particularly with Conrod Straight just before the finish, isn't easy, nor is defending from them, nor is pushing the bulk of the stock car up the hill or through the twists. With only 4 laps to do it, it's tough. Laguna Seca is easy - but then 6 laps will do that and the LMP/Group C cars suck at the Corkscrew. Spa is very tricky indeed with the two high speed sections hurting you and the same goes for Silverstone. The Ring is a lot easier than you might think - again the pack is held up by the Toyota 7 and you can take the lead on lap 1. Being passed on Dottinger is nothing - just latch onto the back and drag them until the braking point.

*sproink* Grand Finale

Days 243-247 - Super Licence
Yeah, nothing needed here. 5 hot laps, done and dusted. Aventador needed two bites as usual but the Veyron test is great - I don't know why people complain about it. Okay, so it understeers a bit because of excess speed and weight, but the power-on neutrality of it is fabulous.

*sproink* Careerist International A
Oooh, Tesla Roadster '08 - I know just the place for it.
*sproink* All Gold S Licence
And an Audi Team Phoenix R8 GT3...

Okay. So now we're faced with cleaning up somewhere behind us - there's a lot of International A to tidy up and two events still at National A (to say nothing of 1MR) - or cracking out a couple of S-Class races to get the stars to do the Mission Races... 9% remains until the next chapter, but I think while I'm in Jeff's seat I may as well sort out those NASCAR event races...

Days 248-252 - NASCAR Cup (International A)
I'd quite forgotten how utterly irritating the Daytona race is. The AI flit happily from incompetent and hesitant to aggressive and oblivious in the blink of an eye.

The good track setup from the GTWC is a real help in the road races - nearly lapping one of the AI cars - and the two other speedway races are a breeze.

Days 253-255 - Electric Circuits (National A)
So those missing stars low down are annoying me and now I've got a Tesla to compete in the electric race - pending 200kg of ballast and a 64% power limiter - I can mop them up.

They are, understandably, easy. The Roadster may be handicapped but even at nearly 1.5 tonnes, the 180hp it offers is far too much for this competition.

Nine stars left to get at this level... may as well buy that Kart 100 SPL...

Gran Turismo Kart 100 SPL purchased (6,500cr)

Days 256-258 - Clubman Kart Cup 100 (National A)
Pretty standard karting fare and trauma free - and an RE Amemiya FD3S awarded for clearing my National A stars.

So. By my reckoning we've got left:
National B - 2x 1MR (Prius, 86GT)
National A - 2x 1MR (Civic, MX-5)
International B - 1x 1MR (Elise)
International A - Dream Car Championship, 600PP, GT500, Like the Wind (16 races); 3x 1MR
Super - All 9 races, 5x Mission, 1x Coffee Break

I could do the Elise race right now - but it wouldn't get me any cars and I'd quite like a few more cars to open up my options. I could fight through the rest of International A - surely Dream Car isn't as hard as GTWC and I've got the NASCAR to do it? I think it might be best to crack off the easier Super level races and plough through the missions to hit the 90% break...

Day 259 - Ascari Resort 10 Lap Challenge (Super)
I've got a few bits and bobs that could do this race, but with "Normal" 650PP cars and a limit of sport soft tyres that I don't have access to (the G37 has them, but it's not a "normal" car), the sensible choice is something light to save fuel, tyres and pitstops. So, the KTM X-Bow.

In the end this proves a bit of a walkover - I've actually got legs on the eventual 2nd place Huayra even when he's not in the pits, which he is. A lot. It's a 41s win over the heavy, oft-pitting V12s in the Huayra, Enzo and FXX.

One more race will open the Missions and I think it's time to test my new GT3 Audi out for later use in the GT500 and 600PP events.

Day 260 - Nurburgring 24 Minute Challenge (Super)
It's a little bit wobbly the R8, but it's fine for this purpose. Everything was okay in this race until the end of the first lap when, with 45% surface moisture and raining, most of the AI decided to pit and I figured I'd tough out the 4 minutes of complete saturation on the next lap without pitting for rain tyres.

Which was fortunate, because I'd forgotten that you have to buy them and I hadn't.

Luckily when I inherited the lead, a really stupid AI in an Audi TT-R also didn't pit and held the chasing pack up for me to build a 30 second lead by the time the rain had stopped. By the time the R35 got past there was no water left and despite not pitting again (seriously?) I kept the advantage to the end. I didn't pit at all in this race...

And that's Mission Races unlocked!

Days 261-265 - Mission Races (Super)
Buzzed through with nary a worry - even the Porsche Curves test in the 787B is being kind to me with just three restarts. A nice GT Academy N24 '13 car is mine for my efforts - I wonder if it'll survive the 1MR GT-R Challenge...

I'm at 87% now and two more Super "endurances" will unlock the S-level Coffee Break, so back to the R8 we go - to the British tracks!

Day 266 - Brands Hatch 15 Lap Challenge (Super)
At first it seemed like the Super GT cars had the measure of the R8 - trading 1'27-1'29 laps I didn't even get up to 13th before I pitted at half distance for some fuel (tyres were fine, but they were swapped anyway). From that point on, the AI just gave up. After their stops on the next lap I was 6th - and three other cars hadn't pitted at all, putting me 3rd by the next lap. It took one more lap to take the lead and then, inexplicably, they all pitted again on laps 14-15, leaving me some 40s clear. Weird.

Day 267 - Silverstone 10 Lap Challenge (Super)
It's a largely Touring Car field here with the odd GT3 thrown in and it's much of a muchness as races go. 3rd before the halfway pitstop, deliberate slight underfuelling to leap into 2nd, passed the 1st place GT-R on cold tyres - avoided the spinning R8 LMS failing to negotiate Stowe - ran out of fuel just before the finish...

*sproink* By The Skin Of Your Teeth

And that's the Coffee Break unlocked. You know... one more race to get me to half stars won't hurt...

Day 268 - Apricot Hill 20 Minute Challenge (Super)
I'm a bit bored of the Audi's muted note right now, so I've switched back to the Challenger R/T which, while sounding like a real car with a playing card in the spokes, is at least interesting.

I don't actually know what happened in this race - the lead McLaren F1 was 18s down the track one lap and 2s the next, so when I pitted at halfway and he followed suit the next lap I came out 12s ahead of him. I just managed the gap until the end (also held my breath - the Citroen GT Road Car pits for the first time in the last 3 minutes and he was 15s up the road most of the time).

Oooh, a shiny beige McLaren F1 :D

I'm only a nudge away from 90% now, so I'll tidy away one of the easier outstanding series and perhaps hit up a 1MR or Coffee Break if that doesn't take me over to the next section...

Day 269-271 - 600PP World Touring Car Championship (International A)
Well, that was a little more awkward than it really needed to be. A bunch of GT3/Touring cars with a front three lineup of R35 TC, GT Test Car and McLaren F1 does not amuse. A couple of more than tight finishes (0.087s at Tokyo) but Bathurst is a stomping...

89%! Gah. Might have to do that bloody drift trial just to get all the coffee breaks ticked off...

Day 272 - Coffee Break (Super)
Mmm-mmm-mmm! I loooove drift challenges. No wait, the other thing. Still, that racks up the 90th percentage point. Now it's time to tidy up that last 10%!

Game completion: 90%
Trophy Count: 35
Car purchases this chapter: 191,500cr
Car tuning this chapter: 3,500cr
Credits earned this chapter: 6,185,660cr
Total money earned: 28,186,280cr
Total money spent: 212,000cr

GTPEDIA_0-100_90.jpg

My car history:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6: 35 races (35 wins)
High End Performance G37: 29 races (29 wins)
Honda Fit: 26 races (26 wins)
Chevrolet Corvette Racing Concept '59: 19 races (19 wins)
Chevrolet SS Jeff Gordon 2013: 10 races (10 wins)
KTM X-Bow Street: 9 races (9 wins)
Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car: 8 races (8 wins)
Red Bull Racing Kart 125: 7 races (7 wins)
VW Scirocco R: 6 races (6 wins)
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Team Phoenix): 6 races (6 wins)
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70: 4 races (4 wins)
GT Racing Kart Junior: 3 races (3 wins)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale: 3 races (3 wins)
LCC Rocket: 3 races (3 wins)
GT Racing Kart 125 Shifter: 3 races (3 wins)
GT Racing Kart 100 SPL: 3 races (3 wins)
Lotus Elise Race Car '96: 2 races (2 wins)
BMW 1 Series Concept tii: 1 race (1 win)
Plus
Red Bull X2014 Junior: 5 races (5 wins)
Red Bull X2014 Standard: 5 races (5 wins)

Here's my progress up to the 90% mark....:

Summary results at the 80% mark:
--- Most Wins: 26 with the Mits Lancer EVO VI TME
--- Top Speed: 210mph - 2013 Jeff Gordon # 24
--- Favorite Course: 111.0 miles - Willow Springs
--- Total Distance: 1,934.7 miles
--- Tuning costs: $3,500

Top five cars used:
---------------------
Dodge Challenger Race Car -------- 302.3 miles
GT by Citroen Road Car ------------ 202.5 miles
Mits Lancer EVO VI TME ------------ 188.5 miles
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept -- 160.3 miles
Lotus Elise Race Car '96 ------------ 141.9 miles

Summary results at the 85% mark:
--- Top Speed: 210mph - Jeff Gordon # 24
--- Favorite Course: 131.9 miles - Willow Springs
--- Total Distance: 2,119.3 miles
--- Tuning costs: $3,500

Top five cars used:
---------------------
GT by Citroen Road Car ------------ 202.5 miles

Results at the 90% mark:
--- License: Super
--- Awards: 75/75
--- Stars: 528/573
--- Cars Owned: 65
--- No of Races: 195
--- No of Wins: 195
--- Current Credits: $12,018,580
--- Total Earnings: $12,625,080
--- Cost of Tuning: $3,500
--- Total Distance: 2,384.7 miles
--- Driving Time: 25.2 hours
--- Photos taken: 0
--- Paint: 119
--- Gear: 4
--- Longest Distance: 302.3 miles - Dodge Challenger Race Car
--- Top Speed: 210mph - 2013 Jeff Gordon # 24
--- Favorite Dealer: 2 cars - Gran Turismo
--- Favorite Course: 166.2 miles - Nurburgring
--- Cars purchased: 6 for $633,000

The initial Honda Fit RS '10 for $17,000
The electrifying Toyota Prius G '09 for $24,500
GT Racing Kart 100 for $6,500
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car for $175,000
GT Racing Kart 125 shifter for $10,000
Lambo Aventador LP700-4 for $400,000

Top ten cars used:
---------------------
Audi R8 LMS Team Phoenix --------- 244.6 miles
GT by Citroen Road Car ------------- 202.5 miles
2013 Jeff Gordon # 24 ------------- 163.7 miles
KTM X-Bow Street '12 -------------- 101.2 miles
Renault Clio RS '11 ------------------ 69.6 miles
Mercedes SL 55 AMG '02 ------------ 57.1 miles

More to follow...
GTsail

Last edited:
Two notes.

Firstly, the Senna Tribute content is now included in the 100%. This isn't a problem for the miser.
Secondly, it is now impossible to win LM24 with a McLaren F1 in the minimum state of tune required to win SSR7/Like the Wind - or any of the other previous possible cars like the LCC Rocket. However, @GTsail290 and I have been chatting and we think it's possible to do with Racing Medium tyres and less than another 10k of mods, for around 36k of extra cost. This is still annoying though.

Phase 7

I'm at a similar impasse to the one I reached at the start of Phase 6. Like the Wind is going to be a nightmare and I'm going to have to work out how little money I can get away with spending on the McLaren F1 to get it to win - though I think the Jeffcar will cope with the SSRX round, if I lengthen the gears to over 250mph and keep hold of the slipstream in the last corner, which is a bonus.

Other than that, I've got the Jeffcar for Dream Car and GT500 and maybe the Le Mans/Spa endurances and an awful lot of buying. The most expensive single purchase remaining for me is the Lamborghini Aventador at 400,000cr so...

Day 273 - Dance of the Aventadors 1MR (International A)
Aventador bought (trebling my costs to this point!), racing hard tyres recommended and ignored. If you can manage the understeer, this is a piece of cake.

Day 274 - Willow Springs 20 Mile Challenge (Super)
Since the X-Bow did a job on the field at the Ascari endurance - and to do a race for free after that awful 400k spend - I whip it out again here. It's actually a tricky old race this at just 8 laps and only just over 11 minutes to make up the initial 20s deficit, but without stopping (taking care to keep the X-Bow from sliding) I manage a 7s margin of victory.

Moving on. The thought occurs that I don't really want any major championships standing between me and my 100% - just one last little race to wind down. Over to you, Jeff:

Day 275-279 - Dream Car Championship (International A)
Well...

surely Dream Car isn't as hard as GTWC
Yes. Yes it is. Willow Springs in particular barely allows enough distance to cut the deficit to the leaders, never mind pass them. This was phenomenally difficult and I think I'll have to find a less stressful way of doing this next time I fancy a cheapy 0-100% game. Incidentally, Cape Ring...

*sproink* High Flyer - turns out the Jeffcar can soar!

I've now got 5 events left where I need no purchase - 3 "endurances", the GT500 championship (5 races) and the GT-R 1 Make Race - as the Elise needs race tyres and I think the McLaren F1 will need quite a few tweaks for at least the SSRX race in Like the Wind.

Days 280-282 - Like the Wind (International A)
I've not been looking forward to this. There's only two ways to win LTW - buy a fast car or tune one up to go fast and both mean lots of credits.

There's two big problems too. The first is that the lead AI cars can crack 235mph in clean air, so you need at least 255mph in the slipstream to catch up. So you need either a 20k racing gearbox or a gearbox that gets that far. Guess how many prize cars there are with a gearbox that will even reach that? Yep, 4 - the Audi R8 LMS, the Nissan GT-R Schulze, the Jeffcar and the McLaren F1 (the Citroen GT gets close). Of those, only the Jeffcar and the McLaren have enough power to stay up over 200mph of their own accord and the McLaren is the better of the two at doing this.

But it's on road tyres and that won't do at the Indianapolis oval and SS Route 7 against the LMP cars, so that's 17,500cr right out of the window.

The second is that, despite real world characteristics, it won't really hold 220mph on its own - and certainly not at Route 7, so we need more power. About 100hp more power, as it happens - so into the McLaren goes an oil change (my first!) for 250cr, NA Tuning Stage 1 for 5,000cr and a Sports ECU for 2,000cr and we're up at 24,750cr spent.

Route 7 is the nut to crack - the four VERY fast braking zones are what require the extra power. With the Pescarolo C60 '05 missing from the line-up - and he's a rabbit and no mistake - it's an easier run and gold is a sweaty one.

*sproink* 111 Meters a Second - in fact the McLaren eventually hits 284mph at SSRX!

Indianapolis is still a bit squeaky, but SSRX is a walkover now. Pity. Still, that was a possible big expense done for just 24,750cr including the tyres.

Little milestone there at SSRX - my 200th race (and 200th win)!

Days 283-287 - GT500 Championship (International A)
Moving on, I've only got one series left and only one more event to clear the stars at International A and it's GT500s. Since the Audi GT3 is almost a GT500...

Motegi brings a little gift...

*sproink* Route Master

Which leads us to an interesting note. The trophy description says it should ping at 3945km/2451mi, but my mileage after Suzuka was 2453mi - sufficient for the trophy. In fact the conversion for the trophy description is correct, but the conversion in the game isn't and the trophy doesn't ping until 2465.6mi (3945/1.6), which I passed during the Motegi race. This also means that when you go for Autobarmy you'll need 7948.8mi, not the 7903mi in the trophy description. The more you know.

Anyway, it's not a complicated series win and I complete my IA stars and get an Enzo for my troubles. And pass 30m in the bank for the first time!

Now what remains? There's three endurances that I should probably do ASAP and 7 One Make Races - 5 needing cars, 1 needing tyres and 1 I'm equipped to do already.

And that's a little concerning. When I started at 90% I had 23 events left. I'm now at 95% and I have 10 events left. Best case scenario suggests I'm 1% behind where I should be. Worst case scenario suggests I'm missing 5 events from my list... Now as it happens, I can think of 4 events I've not included...

Days 288-291 - Ayrton Senna Tribute (Special Events)
And here they are. Luckily polished off with very few retries, oddly - considering the Brands Hatch one took me 3 hours when it came out and just 15 minutes this time (and I was 0.2s faster). Monza was a breeze. Speaking of which...

*sproink* Snappy Dresser

Yup, without making a purchase, the Senna suit prizes (and my 15AE one) make a 5 suit collection :lol:

All four events dusted off and having just broken past 30m credits for the first time, I now have 40m credits. There's a LOT of money floating around this game.

*sproink* Hero's Trophy
*sproink* Senna Master

And trophies. So, now that's out of the way (wish I'd known earlier!) let's finish off the big races and leave just little ones to tick off the percentages...

Day 292 - Suzuka 10 Lap Challenge (Super)
The R8 ultra is dusted off again for a GT500 competition and I could probably not have bothered. The "lead" AI - a pair of GT-R '08 GT500s - pit on laps 6, 7 and 9 to effectively ruin this as a contest and I managed a 22s victory over one of the HSV-010s in their place. Ho hum.

Day 293 - Le Mans 24 Minutes (Super)
Do you remember a time you could enter an LCC Rocket into the Le Mans 24 Minutes and win due to not having to pit and stupidly long AI pit times and daft strategy? Famine remembers.

Yeah, not happening any more. This race is tough. I though I could walk in, win with my Like the Wind McLaren F1 and get on with my life. Nope.

It has enough speed, just not enough speed in the corners and it's a fuel guzzler. That means there's nothing for it but to fit softer tyres (Race Medium - 27,500cr) and strip some weight out (WR Stage 2 - 15,000cr; this is the cheapest option weight reduction, there is no stage 1) and yet still I have to baby the car to make a four lap stint stick.

I had to use fuel saving techniques throughout - on the straights shift from 4th straight into 6th because 205mph in 6th is better on fuel and very little different on speed than 208mph in 5th, plus you have better control when doing high speed braking; when braking stay in the high gear and then rattle down the box when you're stopped; short-shifting at 6,200rpm for fuel save laps - but my strategy was to go hell for leather on the first three laps and then pit (average 3'46s), then short shift for three laps (4'30 out lap, back to back 3'55s) and then for the last lap, as you sail past everyone in the pits, take it as you find it. Some short shifting is still required, but when it's clear you're going to make it to the finish line (should just turn red between Indianapolis and Arnage), gun it.

The AI will try to batter you, particularly in high speed braking points. Encourage them to your outside in the two chicanes, Indianapolis approach and especially Porsche Curves, but use the outside line yourself at Mulsanne...

27'38 was my eventual victory time, along with the shaving off of some time from my life. Unfortunately the money required to tune for this race guarantees I'm going to break through the 1m credit spend :(

Day 294 - Spa 24 Minutes (Super)
So. I haven't used the Red Bull Junior yet...

The RBJ makes this ludicrously easy. No need to pit for fuel or tyres, even on the standard Racing Softs and it's capable of making up almost all of the time it loses from La Source up to Les Combes on the rest of the track. An 11th lap is needed, just, as the leading C60 Hybride made it over the finish line with a second to spare (while in the pits - interesting to note that the Speed 8 was in the pits with him, crossed the finish line just after time expired and never left his pit box after that).

Now we've mopped up all the stars and won an Audi quattro Pikes Peak (ooooh, wing), it's just a handful of one-make races left. One's expensive, so let's sort that out first...

Day 295 - Ferrari 458 Challenge 1MR (International A)
One Ferrari 458 bought - how much?!

This is actually quite a challenge now in the stock 458, but if you can keep the first three laps together the giving-up-AI will allow you to win.

Day 296 - GT-R Maestros 1MR (International A)
May as well do these in order of (in theory) most to least difficult to make the run in easier.

The Schulze GT-R prize car is ideal for this race - in theory. In practice this is an absolute nightmare, especially with v1.10 AI who will batter you as soon as look at you, usually while you're braking. Passed the lead AI R35 TC going into the braking zone for the final chicane (clatter) and held on to win in 7'11 by 0.2s...

Day 297 - Elise Trophy 1MR (International B)
So I have an Elise - the Elise Race Car '96 - but it's on racing tyres. Another 6,800 into the tuning budget for the requisite Sport Hards and away we go.

Incidentally, this is a perfect place to nab the One Make Wonder Win trophy with your overpowered Elise Racer - just hang back on the final straight and it's all yours. Incidentally...

*sproink* One Make Wonder Win

Yes.

Day 298 - Civic Sprint 1MR (National A)
Now, a lot of people think that the slowest you can go and still win this race is with the 1991 Civic EG SiR. Turns out that you can in fact go even slower. Like... way slower. Like... Civic 1500 3 door 25i '83 slow (in fact if you take a liberal attitude to track limits, you can do it with the '79 - but we'll stay between the lines and take a 2k hit to get an upgrade on tyres and power). With 11,890cr spent on my sluggish steed, I head off to Suzuka and take the win.

Day 299 - 86 & BRZ Festival 1MR (National B)
Not challenging the conventional wisdom on this one, one Toyota GT86 "Racing" '13 purchased and Fuji Speedway duly slaughtered.

Day 300 - Prius Cup 1MR (National B)
Yeah, so somehow my 300th game day sees me racing a Prius. Whatever.

Going against the grain here, the cheapest option - the '02 model - is actually sufficient car to win this race. The entry to Maggotts and the exit onto the Wellington Straight are key, as is the slipstream, but it's easily doable if you know how to keep your momentum up in dog slow cars like this. 22,800cr well spent...

And that leads us into what ought to be the last race...

Day 301 - 1MR (National A)
Tsukuba I hate, but MX-5s I love. With a choice of three MX-5s at 17,000cr, I plump for the premium model Eunos Roadster for my final few miles...

Game completion: 100%
Trophy Count: 42
Car purchases this chapter: 762,690cr
Car tuning this chapter: 74,050cr
Credits earned this chapter: 14,078,060cr
Total money earned: 42,264,340cr
Total money spent: 1,048,740cr

GTPEDIA_0-100_100.jpg

My car history:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6: 35 races (35 wins)
High End Performance G37: 29 races (29 wins)
Honda Fit: 26 races (26 wins)
Chevrolet Corvette Racing Concept '59: 19 races (19 wins)
Chevrolet SS Jeff Gordon 2013: 15 races (15 wins)
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Team Phoenix): 11 races (11 wins)
KTM X-Bow Street: 10 races (10 wins)
Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car: 8 races (8 wins)
Red Bull Racing Kart 125: 7 races (7 wins)
VW Scirocco R: 6 races (6 wins)
Red Bull X2014 Junior: 6 races (6 wins)
Red Bull X2014 Standard: 5 races (5 wins)
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70: 4 races (4 wins)
McLaren F1 '94: 4 races (4 wins)
Lotus Elise Race Car '96: 4 races (4 wins)
GT Racing Kart Junior: 3 races (3 wins)
Lancia Delta HF Integrale: 3 races (3 wins)
LCC Rocket: 3 races (3 wins)
GT Racing Kart 125 Shifter: 3 races (3 wins)
GT Racing Kart 100 SPL: 3 races (3 wins)
BMW 1 Series Concept tii: 1 race (1 win)
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4: 1 race (1 win)
Ferrari 458 Italia: 1 race (1 win)
Nissan GT-R R35 Schulze N24: 1 race (1 win)
Honda Civic 1500 3 door 25i '83: 1 race (1 win)
Toyota 86GT "Racing": 1 race (1 win)
Toyota Prius G '02: 1 race (1 win)
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89: 1 race (1 win)

Total spent
Cars:
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - 400,000cr
Ferrari 458 Italia - 283,000cr
Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70 - 175,000cr
Toyota 86GT "Racing" - 28,000cr
Toyota Prius G '02 - 22,800cr
Honda Fit - 17,000cr
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) '89 - 17,000cr
Honda Civic 1500 3 door 25i '83 - 11,890cr
GT Racing Kart 125 Shifter - 10,000cr
GT Racing Kart 100 SPL - 6,500cr
Car Budget - 971,190cr

Tuning:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, Dirt Tyres - 3,500cr
Lotus Elise Race Car '96, Sport Hard Tyres - 6,800cr
McLaren F1 '94, Racing Hard Tyres (LTW) - 17,500cr
McLaren F1 '94, Oil Change (LTW) - 250cr
McLaren F1 '94, NA Stage 1 (LTW) - 5,000cr
McLaren F1 '94, ECU Upgrade (LTW) - 2,000cr
McLaren F1 '94, Racing Medium Tyres (LM24) - 27,500cr
McLaren F1 '94, WR Stage 2 (LM24) - 15,000cr
Tuning Budget - 77,550cr

Total Spent - 1,048,740cr

^^^^Well done Famine!!!👍👍:bowdown:

I've only been able to reach the 98% mark so far...must find more driving skills.:D

I will pull together my notes and post my progress so far:...

Results at the 98% mark:
--- Stars: 570/573
--- Cars Owned: 72
--- No of Races: 214
--- No of Wins: 214
--- Current Credits: $16,553,080
--- Total Earnings: $17,529,020
--- Cost of Tuning: $33,050
--- Total Distance: 2,804.9 miles
--- Driving Time: 28.8 hours
--- Paint: 124
--- Gear: 5
--- Longest Distance: 318.2 miles - Audi R8 LMS Team Phoenix
--- Top Speed: 269mph - McLaren F1 '94
--- Favorite Dealer: 2 cars - Honda
--- Favorite Course: 198.7 miles - Nurburgring
--- Cars purchased: 10 for $972,890

Ferrari 458 Italia '09 for $283,000
Toyota 86 Racing '13 for $28,000
Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89 for $17,000
Honda Civic 1500 3door '83 for $11,890

Top ten cars used:
---------------------
Audi R8 LMS Team Phoenix --------- 318.2 miles
2013 Jeff Gordon # 24 ------------- 316.8 miles
McLaren F1 '94 ---------------------- 63.5 miles

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
I'm Finished!!!:):)

Well....... as far as my skills seem to allow.:( I haven't done the three Drift Challenges, because I'm just terrible at drifting and can only bronze them.:(

Results at the 99% mark:
--- Stars: 573/573
--- Cars Owned: 74
--- No of Races: 215
--- No of Wins: 215
--- Current Credits: $20,087,580
--- Total Earnings: $21,108,020
--- Cost of Tuning: $77,550
--- Total Distance: 2,917.1 miles
--- Driving Time: 29.6 hours
--- Paint: 124
--- Gear: 6
--- Longest Distance: 318.2 miles - Audi R8 LMS Team Phoenix
--- Top Speed: 269mph - McLaren F1 '94
--- Favorite Dealer: 2 cars - Honda
--- Favorite Course: 198.7 miles - Nurburgring

Cars purchased: 10 for $972,890:
-----------------------------------------
Ferrari 458 Italia '09 for $283,000
Toyota 86 Racing '13 for $28,000
Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89 for $17,000
Honda Civic 1500 3door '83 for $11,890

I purchased the same tuning/parts that Famine lists above in post # 34, and installed most of them on the McLaren F1.:D

Top ten cars used:
---------------------
Audi R8 LMS Team Phoenix --------- 318.2 miles
2013 Jeff Gordon # 24 ------------- 316.8 miles
McLaren F1 '94 ---------------------- 124.1 miles

For my final race, I ran the 24 minutes of LeMans with the McLaren F1 '94 and won by 0.387 seconds:eek: and won the "By the Skin of your teeth" trophy since I ran out of fuel as I was driving thru the final Ford chicanes, which allowed the 2nd place Sauber Mercedes C9 to run right up to my rear-bumper.

Note: during my test runs, I found that it is possible to win the SSR7(Like the Wind) race and the 24min LeMans race with $2,000 less spending than shown above, if you don't mind constantly exceeding the track limits at LeMans and smashing into the AI in the turns at SSR7.

The increase in mileage from the 98% mark is due to the 24min LeMans race, and the laps I needed to run at Monza and Brands Hatch in order to pass the last two Senna Challenges. Monza took me 19.9 miles. Brands Hatch took me 31.7 miles.:) Great fun! Well worth it for the $1.55million and $1.75million that you earn.:)

Updated with results pictures on 11/3/15:
22125540823_1465e444d0_b.jpg

22123903984_9c69ba8a16_b.jpg

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
The following is a list of some of the different cars used:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Race Series.................................GTsail's car used.........Famine's car
National B Series:Freshman Cup....Renault Clio RS '11....Honda Fit RS '10
National B Series:Clubman Cup.....Renault Clio RS '11....Honda Fit RS '10
National B Series:5 Minute Races...Renault Clio RS '11....Honda Fit RS '10
National B Series:City Trials.........Mits Lancer EVO TME...Honda Fit RS '10
National B Series:FF Challenge......Renault Clio RS '11.....Honda Fit RS '10
National B Series:GT Compact Car..Renault Clio RS '11.....Honda Fit RS '10
National B Series:FR Challenge.....Honda S2000 '06.......Corvette StingRay Racer
National A Series:Clubman Cup.....KTM X-Bow Street.....Mits Lancer EVO TME
National A Series:Night Masters....Acura NSX '91...........Mits Lancer EVO TME
National A Series:Gornergrat Lg....KTM X-Bow Street.....Mits Lancer EVO TME
National A Series:MR Challenge....Cizeta V16T '94.........KTM X-Bow Street
National A Series:Festival Italia....Cizeta V16T '94.........Lancia Delta HF Integrale
National A Series:Schwarzwald.....MB SL 55 AMG '02.....VW Scirocco R '10
National A Series:Electric Circuits...Toyota Prius G '09....Tesla Motors Roadster
Intern'l B Series:Tour of Europe....MB SL 55 AMG '02.....KTM X-Bow Street
Intern'l B Series:10 Min Races......KTM X-Bow Street.....Mit Lancer EVO TME
Intern'l B Series:Tuned Car Fest...GT by Citroen Road....High End Perf. G37
Intern'l B Series: Supercar Fest....GT by Citroen Road....High End Perf. G37
Intern'l B Series:GT All-Stars........D. Challenger Race....GT by Citroen Road
Intern'l A Series:550PP Touring.....D. Challenger Race....High End Perf. G37
Intern'l A Series:Super GT300.......Lotus Elise Race........High End Perf. G37
Intern'l A Series:Super GT500.......D. Challenger Race.....Audi R8 LMS Team Phoenix
Intern'l A Series:Group GT3.........Audi R8 LMS Phoenix...High End Perf. G37
Intern'l A Series:600PP Touring....2013 Jeff Gordon#24...D. Challenger Race Car
Super Series: Willow Springs........Lambo Aventador........KTM X-Bow Street
Super Series: Ascari Resort..........Ferrari 430 Scuderia....KTM X-Bow Street
Super Series: Apricot Hill 20m......Audi R8 LMS Phoenix...D. Challenger Race Car

The Tour of America (Int'l B) had some different cars on my part:
Willow Springs...........................Corvette StingRay Racer...High End Perf. G37
Laguna Seca............................. Dodge Challenger R/T......High End Perf. G37
Indianapolis.............................. High End Perf. G37..........High End Perf. G37

The Classic Muscle Car Series (National A) had some variety:
Willow Springs...........................Corvette StingRay Racer....Corvette StingRay Racer
Laguna Seca..............................Dodge Challenger R/T.......Corvette StingRay Racer
Matterhorn................................Dodge Challenger R/T.......Corvette StingRay Racer

The Midnight Racers (Int'l B) had some different cars on my part:
Daytona...................................GT by Citroen Road..........High End Perf. G37
Spa.........................................GT by Citroen Road...........High End Perf. G37
Nurburgring..............................Lotus Elise Race Car.........High End Perf. G37

The 15 Minute Races (Int'l A) had a variety of cars:
Apricot Hill................................D. Challenger Race..........Lotus Elise Race Car
Ascari Full.................................Lotus Elise Race Car........Lotus Elise Race Car
Nurburgring..............................D. Challenger Race..........High End Perf. G37

The World Circuit Tour (International A Series) was also quite varied:
Motegi Road..............................Lotus Elise Race Car........KTM X-Bow Street
Brands Hatch............................Lotus Elise Race Car.........High End Perf. G37
Daytona Road...........................GT by Citroen Road..........High End Perf. G37
Spa.........................................High End Perf. G37...........High End Perf. G37
Ascari Full................................Lotus Elise Race Car.........KTM X-Bow Steet

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
A minor re-up for this thread.

My previous record for game progress without spending a credit (besides the compulsory 17,000cr Jazz) was 75%, as here:
I'm going through the game again with a similar goal in mind but this time I'm using the 15AE cars. With these included I've been able to go quite a bit further:
GTPEDIA0-100-83nospend.jpg
And this is by only using the 15AE cars - I haven't used a prize car yet, but I think I'm going to need to very shortly. I've only really got the SSR7 Like the Wind race (Huayra is a good candidate) and possibly the Dream Cars (I've got a very heavily used R18 that ought to do it) left - 6 races.

However I've reached the point where limited myself from using prize cars doesn't make that much sense any more, so I'm going to start breaking them out. I'm almost certain that I can get to the middle of the 90s before having to open my wallet...

Well, I beat my own high water mark - I'm now at 90% but I'm running out of races very quickly indeed.

GTPEDIA0-100-90nospend.jpg

In the IB/Historics, the stock Shelby Daytona 15AE will just about take victory at Cote d'Azur and I think I might be able to do Apricot Hill (I'm quite good at that track) with the right AI line-up - but Silverstone may be completely impossible even if I get a good grid without the 7 or the 2J, as the Shelby's 399hp won't be enough for the straights. But we'll see.

The Huayra can win SSR7 in IA/Like the Wind, but only just - and it depends on AI lineup again (no Pescarolo Hybride, no Sauber C9, no Minolta 88C-V) - and Indianapolis will be a bust. Dream Cars... I'm putting off.

With the only other no-spend races being my remaining two IA/NASCAR events and the IA/1MR/GT-R race (a few options for this one - the GT3 15AE car being favourite), we're nearly at the limit...

Ever so tiny update:
In the IB/Historics, the stock Shelby Daytona 15AE will just about take victory at Cote d'Azur and I think I might be able to do Apricot Hill (I'm quite good at that track) with the right AI line-up - but Silverstone may be completely impossible even if I get a good grid without the 7 or the 2J, as the Shelby's 399hp won't be enough for the straights. But we'll see.
We saw. The Shelby took victory in all three races - though all three had odd AI line-ups.

Cote d'Azur had no 2J. Without that pushing it on, the Toyota 7 got himself a big lead that he couldn't be bothered defending.
Apricot Hill had no Toyota 7. The same sort of thing applies, but to the 2J - except I passed him at just over half distance.
Silverstone had neither. With the 2D and two Ferraris as the lead cars, it proved simple - the 2D even got held up between the Ferraris at one point...
Dream Cars... I'm putting off.
Done with complete ease with the Audi R18, even at 600 miles old (no oil change, of course). The Jaguar XJR9 and BMW V12LMR were much easier prey than I feared.
With the only other no-spend races being my remaining two IA/NASCAR events and the IA/1MR/GT-R race (a few options for this one - the GT3 15AE car being favourite), we're nearly at the limit...
Oops. Done both of those too.

So now I'm at 94% without spending a single credit after the compulsory Honda purchase at the start. I have 15 races left that I need to buy things for:
NatB/1MR/Prius - car purchase required (1)
NatA/Clubman Kart - car purchase required (3)
NatA/1MR/Civic - car purchase required (1)
NatA/1MR/MX-5 - car purchase required (1)
IntB/Dirt Trials - tyre purchase required (3)
IntB/1MR/Elise - tyre purchase required (1)
IntA/GT Kart 125 Shifter - car purchase required (3)
IntA/1MR/Aventador - car purchase required (1)
IntA/1MR/458 - car purchase required (1)

And 3 races left that I don't. The LM24 that I've been putting off even more and...
The Huayra can win SSR7 in IA/Like the Wind, but only just - and it depends on AI lineup again (no Pescarolo Hybride, no Sauber C9, no Minolta 88C-V) - and Indianapolis will be a bust.
I don't think that I have anything that will win LM24 without an upgrade and the two remaining races at LTW may well be out of the Huayra's reach, so it looks like 94% will be the limit. Not a bad effort...

GTPEDIA0-100-94nospend.jpg

So I was being a little bit pessimistic earlier. Then this happened:

GTPEDIA0-100-SSRX.jpg

However, LTW/Indianapolis is impossible with my current fleet - as, it seems, is LM24, which will need some parts buying for it.

So this seems to be the limit for what you can achieve without spending a penny on a minimum day game save - no Seasonals for cheaty VGT cars! :D

GTPEDIA0-100-94annabitnospend.jpg

Just need to finish off the final few races, it seems.

It might be worth noting that it I think it's possible to go a step further, with birthday cars. This particular account has another top tier LM car coming soon as a birthday car, which will probably allow me to do both of these final two races. Since that's not really fair to everyone - my own birthday car is a Lancia Stratos, for example - I'm going to ignore it.

On the topic of birthday cars, if you have your birth year set to 2011 you'll save 400,000cr from the "minimum spend" by not having to buy an Aventador...

Latest Posts

Back