Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
tumblr_nj605hpMWN1rpzp9do1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nj605hpMWN1rpzp9do5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nj605hpMWN1rpzp9do6_1280.jpg
tumblr_nj605hpMWN1rpzp9do7_1280.jpg

In fact, iirc that very link has been shared a couple times here. However, it's always good to have it back as some of the cars contained there are absolutely mind-blowing. 👍

I couldn't believe the Peugeot Group C2 and the Senna car, some people....

Last edited:
At least old corvettes are fiberglass. Those cars, (at least the bodies) are completely salvageable with a little bit of love and attention

I would probably restore it. At least get it to move under its own power. It sold for over 1.7 million euros in that condition. I cant imagine what it would be worth in running, driving condition.

Ok, to the point. Restore what? Did you see the condition of the car? Can you trully restore, in the esscence of the word, that car? Considering you have to literally recreate more than half the car, wouldn't it be just easy to take some measurements, make a new one from scratch and keep that one as is? I think that's what I'd ultimately end up doing. I think the car is too far gone to be restorable, and if restored, you'd end up with... too little of the car to really call it a restoration. And since you'll end up basically making a new one with the exception of... well I don't know, the metal that's still there looks pretty damn rotten too, I think it would be cooler to have one made right as it was when new, and show it with the as-is original.

Last edited:
Back