Abortion

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 2,594 comments

There's no telling how many of these male pro life politicians have themselves paid for abortions over the years to "make the problem go away" and are now touting how virtuous they are supporting the complete over turning of Roe v. Wade.

There's no telling how many of these male pro life politicians have themselves paid for abortions over the years to "make the problem go away" and are now touting how virtuous they are supporting the complete over turning of Roe v. Wade.
Kind of like government assistance. "Those people shouldn't get it, but I earned it."

ap22021684852491-bcd0f83cf1146d1608570423c8e5ff2858fa2727-s900-c85.webp

"March for life", yet seems like 80% are male. Guess your body = my choice.

What is the appropriate collective noun for incels?
I was going to say "a basement of incels", but then any young person who has an entire basement to themselves these days is doing all right so I'm not quite sure it's the burn I was going for.

If anything, I think they should both pay people to have kids, and pay people to abort them. Not literally with cash, but like, with tax cuts or something - I don't know. If people like Musk are so concerned about not enough people having kids, how about we actually make having kids affordable instead of this "artificial womb" drek? I say that the more we abort, the less money is spent from social services helping unwanted kids - and potentially unwanted adults, too.

I even had this idea for a hard sci-fi erotica story where viable semen becomes a valuable resource like oil, since there is an actual crisis where male fertility has been dropping like a rock.

Last edited:
there is an actual crisis where male fertility has been dropping like a rock.
What source are you using? I searched a little to see the numbers on this, and what I found was that most of what is cited had occurred by 1992.

What source are you using? I searched a little to see the numbers on this, and what I found was that most of what is cited had occurred by 1992.
It's just what I heard. Heck if I know if what's really true these days.

Last edited:
It's just what I heard. Heck if I know if what's really true these days.
Ok, well based on about 5 seconds of googling, it looks to me like the big report showing a decline in male fertility (~50%) was done in 1992. After that, similar studies corroborated that drop across the same time period (a possible flaw in the research was to look at total count rather than motility, but I digress). A drop of that size doesn't seem to exist after 1992 - meaning that fertility has not continued to drop like that.

It also doesn't seem like we have a big understanding of what "normal" is for male fertility, so it's hard to say that the baseline of whatever it was (I think it was the 70s) is somehow the right number.

Last edited:
Ok, well based on about 5 seconds of googling, it looks to me like the big report showing a decline in male fertility (~50%) was done in 1992. After that, similar studies corroborated that drop across the same time period (a possible flaw in the research was to look at total count rather than motility, but I digress). A drop of that size doesn't seem to exist after 1992 - meaning that fertility has not continued to drop like that.

It also doesn't seem like we have a big understanding of what "normal" is for male fertility, so it's hard to say that the baseline of whatever it was (I think it was the 70s) is somehow the right number.
The 70s also had shag wagons so the data set is probably garbage. I'm probably gonna regret this @Dotini

The 70s also had shag wagons so the data set is probably garbage. I'm probably gonna regret this @Dotini
The 70's were great time for free love, not hard to come by when you had a good job, a muscle car and a horse cock. Yes, I paid for abortions, happily legal and available then.

The 70's were great time for free love, not hard to come by when you had a good job, a muscle car and a horse cock.
Or maybe you believed all that stuff you just said and it made you confident.

Dotini: makes a pass
70s girl: Hang on buddy, let's see some paperwork. I wanna see W2s, a dyno report, and some measurements! Then we'll talk.

Hell am I clicking on that.

Don't know if I saw the clean version, but nothing is "shown". It's all really silly and the dubbing just put it over the top.

It was also like 1995 when I saw it, because that's what you do when you think you've seen it all at the video store (no, not the X-rated ones), and your friends are working overtime rewinding all the returned stuff.

Last edited:
You must not go on Reddit.
I do, but not those parts. I have my subreddits set up for my home page and a bunch of multireddits set up. I do not venture outside of those very often. I have also filtered a number of subreddits on /r/all.

Last edited:
What the actual, how on earth can that be remotely constitutional?
It's likely not. Due Process Clause. But that doesn't really matter anymore, because...reasons.

I gather this one rolls with the novel civil enforcement mechanism devised by right trash mother****ers in Texas to go after those who aid women in getting abortions out of state, so the acts are still enforceable within the state.

What the actual, how on earth can that be remotely constitutional?
It'll be dependent on how they frame the law. Medical stuff can be a bit odd, especially when it comes to getting care in other states. A good example came to light during the pandemic with telehealth. Unless a physician is licensed to practice medicine in a given state, they can't provide telehealth there. To give a practical example, when I traveled back to Michigan I had to reschedule a virtual appointment since none of our doctors are licensed to practice medicine there.

I'm just spitballing here, but I suspect Missouri could use that to make it illegal to get an abortion across state lines by defining what constitutes "care". So say you live in Missouri and call a clinic in Illinois to get an appointment to have an abortion. Depending on how Missouri defines care, they could say that merely calling a clinic counts as "medical advice" thus subject to having physicians that need to be licensed in that state.

They couldn't go after the patient, but they could certainly make a fuss with the state licensing board.

Or they could phase it in a way to say that someone going to another state for a procedure is a form of tax aversion. I think that's how Utah can technically make it illegal for me to go to Wyoming to buy alcohol and then transport it back into the state.

They'd still have to prove it though and since HIPAA is a thing, it's not like the states could easily get medical records without jumping through hoops. I believe to access them, they'd need a warrant and interstate warrants are a tricky thing.

It'll be dependent on how they frame the law. Medical stuff can be a bit odd, especially when it comes to getting care in other states. A good example came to light during the pandemic with telehealth. Unless a physician is licensed to practice medicine in a given state, they can't provide telehealth there. To give a practical example, when I traveled back to Michigan I had to reschedule a virtual appointment since none of our doctors are licensed to practice medicine there.

I'm just spitballing here, but I suspect Missouri could use that to make it illegal to get an abortion across state lines by defining what constitutes "care". So say you live in Missouri and call a clinic in Illinois to get an appointment to have an abortion. Depending on how Missouri defines care, they could say that merely calling a clinic counts as "medical advice" thus subject to having physicians that need to be licensed in that state.

They couldn't go after the patient, but they could certainly make a fuss with the state licensing board.

Or they could phase it in a way to say that someone going to another state for a procedure is a form of tax aversion. I think that's how Utah can technically make it illegal for me to go to Wyoming to buy alcohol and then transport it back into the state.

They'd still have to prove it though and since HIPAA is a thing, it's not like the states could easily get medical records without jumping through hoops. I believe to access them, they'd need a warrant and interstate warrants are a tricky thing.
It looks like you're trying to find ways this might be prosecuted. Like Texas the recent Texas law, this proposal bypasses all of that.

Also, and this is definitely off-topic, I'm fairly certain Utah can actually just prohibit leaving the state to purchase contraband and bring it into the state upon returning without having to go after perpetrators for something dubious and tangential like tax avoidance.

Wouldn't such a law also infringe on one's right to interstate travel? That's the first thing that popped into my head.

Back