About Gold Licences...

  • Thread starter Thread starter DCSemi
  • 35 comments
  • 1,962 views
Messages
319
Canada
Chicoutimi, QC
Messages
Uncle_Carlos
Sup guys!

I'd like to get some advices about those darn licences. I *REALLY* wish I could get 'em all GOLD.

I'd like to get some tips, advices... anything that can help a "n00b" to achieve this.

Please note that I am using a standard controller... I don't plan to get a steering wheel or anything. I'm using the right analog for gas/brake, (I hate Square/X button combination).

How did you get all goldies?

Many thanks for the input :)

Peace!
 
I used DS3, Auto transmission, golded all in around 3 hours.

My best advice = Youtube. You should only need this for a few though, most are relatively easy when you do them a few times, but a few are difficult.
 
First of all, use sellotape or similar to secure controller to hand - this will prevent you 'accidentally' throwing said controller out of any nearby windows.

Then you just play and play and play.

Give it up for a while and maybe do some spec B or some online posturing in some car you spent way too much money on tuning it badly.

Get bored and play something else

Get bored of that, then play GT5 again, after installing all the inumerable updates you missed previously.

Forget how much you hated the licenses and give them another go.

Goto step 1
 
I used DS3, Auto transmission, golded all in around 3 hours.

My best advice = Youtube. You should only need this for a few though, most are relatively easy when you do them a few times, but a few are difficult.

3 hours? Wow pretty sick!

I tried like 10 times to get the Gold on the very first test... nah! I was pissed!

I'll check on youtube tho!
 
The first thing you want to do for most if not all tests is set ASM to off and TC to as low a number as you can while still being able to drive quick enough, 1 was the right setting for me. You should prob leave ABS to 1 cos no ABS will make them harder

most of them can just come with practise practise practise. If not then youtube whichever one you are stuck on, user Stune has all of them on and give pointers, following youtube vids helped me on the ones that i just couldnt do no matter how hard i tried.

If you get stuck on one gold for ages and hundreds of retries, leave it silver and move on, a couple are real sticking points but the ones that follow are comparatively easy, for instance IB3 was a real pain for me, but 4,5,6,7,8 i whizzed through.

With this technique i golded all licenses with a DS3 and Auto gears
 
First of all, use sellotape or similar to secure controller to hand - this will prevent you 'accidentally' throwing said controller out of any nearby windows.

Hahahahaha, that made me lol. I've already broken 1 and half broken another controller because of black ops & alcohol :P.

Dunno what suffered more though, the controller or my hand, because i punched them -.-
 
On some of the tests with really tight tolerances it can help to try creative driving lines, and also fooling around with the driving aids. I normally drive with ABS set to 1, but for IC3 (I think) It really helped to set ABS to zero for that test. If you're really frustrated and stuck, try to think a little out of the box. And when all else fails... Youtube.
 
The only one i REALLY struggled with was probably the one with a BMW at the end straight corner of Trial Mountain, seemed pretty hard for many tries until i blitzed it by like .2 of a second, lol.
 
It can get pretty frustrating when you've missed gold by .001 for the 13th time (yes, I kept track), so always remember to give yourself a break to go race or play an FPS

General tips
-braking in straight lines decreases stopping distance
-dragging the brakes a bit in long corners really helps
-better racing lines usually go faster than more speed
-stay calm and keep the driving smooth
-use bumper cam and MT for best results
 
First of all, use sellotape or similar to secure controller to hand - this will prevent you 'accidentally' throwing said controller out of any nearby windows.

Then you just play and play and play.

Give it up for a while and maybe do some spec B or some online posturing in some car you spent way too much money on tuning it badly.

Get bored and play something else

Get bored of that, then play GT5 again, after installing all the inumerable updates you missed previously.

Forget how much you hated the licenses and give them another go.

Goto step 1





hey have you been talking to my wife? Because that sure sounds like ME !!!!:ouch:
 
The cone slaloms I found especially tough. Especially the FT-86 one, took someone suggesting skipping 3rd gear and heading straight to 4th to better control speed for me to get that one.
 
It can get pretty frustrating when you've missed gold by .001 for the 13th time (yes, I kept track), so always remember to give yourself a break to go race or play an FPS

General tips
-braking in straight lines decreases stopping distance
-dragging the brakes a bit in long corners really helps
-better racing lines usually go faster than more speed
-stay calm and keep the driving smooth
-use bumper cam and MT for best results

I dunno, Hood cam seemed to be the best for me, i use it 24/7 in GT5 because it's pretty much a bumper cam that has no stupid up and down hypnotics.
 
oh and for the stopping distance tests, timely use of the handbrake helps if you cant do them in a straight line
 
Hahahahaha, that made me lol. I've already broken 1 and half broken another controller because of black ops & alcohol :P.

Dunno what suffered more though, the controller or my hand, because i punched them -.-

First Vietnam level on the way down the hill or the one in the Russian space center, down the hallway? :p (speaking of playing on Veteran, obviously)
 
Watch the demonstration video for each licence test, you can probably get a pretty good idea from them.
 
I *REALLY* wish I could get 'em all GOLD.

in the same boat. they're tough on the ds3. my recommendation is use as little driving aids as possible.
 
First Vietnam level on the way down the hill or the one in the Russian space center, down the hallway? :p (speaking of playing on Veteran, obviously)

Aced it, russion hallway, absolute asshole of a level lol.

Online play has the opposite effect though, pwning on there makes you happy :)
 
Slashzor308
I used DS3, Auto transmission, golded all in around 3 hours.

My best advice = Youtube. You should only need this for a few though, most are relatively easy when you do them a few times, but a few are difficult.

Interesting, took me about that length of time to do the schumacher s in the 1 series with my DS3 and manual trans. I guess you must have gilded well over half the 60 tests on you first attempt, as to do all 60 gold in 3 hours equates to 3 minutes a test inc. loading of the test, no mean feat at all.
 
eran0004
Watch the demonstration video for each licence test, you can probably get a pretty good idea from them.

No no no!

The demos often times don't get anywhere near gold. If you want an example, check YouTube. The example videos stick to a very conventional racing line that doesn't work for going around most corners at any sort of speed.

If you want to drive like Bspec Bob, watch the demos, if you want gold, find another way.
 
Last edited:
Watch the demonstration video for each licence test, you can probably get a pretty good idea from them.
What helped me was playing for a bit (and by a bit, I mean I'm now level 33 A-spec), then going back, and watching the demonstration videos. Having clocked a lot of time on the DS3 has helped me IMMENSELY with golding all the tests I'd missed previously.

I'm still in the process of trading those silvers for gold, but it's coming along nicely. =)
 
Bring up the RA menu and turn front & rear brake balances up to 10.
(Not sure if it really improves braking or if it's just psycological)
 
I have managed to get at least silver on all tests (45 gold, 15 silver), but some of them I can't do period. I did A-8 with the Schumacher S on one account, but I can't do it again on another. I can't get gold period on the 370Z at Indy RC test. Tried it 40 times and still can't do it.
 
I'm not a very patient guy so it might be a hell of a ride haha! :)

Oh well, GT5 is so awesome, it's totally worth it! But I'll get my golds when GT6 will be out haha!
 
Why turning off those options help? I'm very curious about that!
 
I see I see...

Quick question: Are you going "full throttle" at the beginning of the race when the countdown is starting? Does it changes something in general?
 
I see I see...

Quick question: Are you going "full throttle" at the beginning of the race when the countdown is starting? Does it changes something in general?

Keep it full throttle to get the quickest start possible.
 
Back