About Gold Licences...

  • Thread starter Thread starter DCSemi
  • 35 comments
  • 1,962 views
I can't get gold period on the 370Z at Indy RC test. Tried it 40 times and still can't do it.
That one took me the longest. Even after revisiting it at level 33 A-spec, it still took me an hour and change to finally get that *one* good run in. What helped me was braking fairly hard into the first left to get the back end to step out, and taking the first right fairly wide, trying to carry a lot of speed through the turn.
 
That one took me the longest. Even after revisiting it at level 33 A-spec, it still took me an hour and change to finally get that *one* good run in. What helped me was braking fairly hard into the first left to get the back end to step out, and taking the first right fairly wide, trying to carry a lot of speed through the turn.

Yes, I did something similar with getting the back end to kick out in the first right hand turn, this pulled the nose in and tightened the line enough to then allow a quicker exit through the left hander. Essential to have TCS switched off to stop the car bogging down on the direction change. I think you can use a fair bit of the rumble strips as well without incurring any penalty, this straightens out the corner a little allowing more speed to be carried through it.
 
Got to around 50 gold through spending time (and I mean a lot) at the controller, using AT and default driver aid settings. The last couple, I realised that I had to change the driving aids (TRC=off) and play around with the ABS (usually low) and got a couple more. Then, after a while, switched to MT and voila. Got them. In the process, the sticky tape might have been a good idea...:sly:
 
Last edited:
Not to state the obvious, but...

Practice Practice Practice. Don't look at the time so much, but focus on how to beat your ghost car. On events with standing starts (like the Aston Martin 1,000ft breaking challenge) make sure your getting a good jump off the line. Keep at it and you will improve. That's the other thing... attitude. When I enter a license challenge I enter it with the thought "I am good enough to Gold this test, now let's make it happen". Don't beat yourself mentally because you think you can't do it. Remember, racing is like martial arts; your never done learning and you can always get better (faster)!
 
I watched a few videos yestrerday. I might switch to MT, it looks like it helps a lot.

Thanks for your advices!

@B Quiet N Drive: I love the Deftones' reference :D
 
You need a good wheel and plenty of time to practise thats all you can do.

PS read the info at the start and watch the demos by the game ive just managed to get shot of all my bronzes now on to silvers.
I never got a single gold with the ds3 pad soon as my wheel came they started to roll in.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back