ABS Bug/Glitch? *no fix atm*

• Thread starter MINKIHL
  • 55 comments
I'm having issues again with my G29 today. Phantom braking, I'm going to call it. It seems to coincide with updates. Goes away in day or 2. Sometimes when I try again later the same day. It's not that noticeable, it's just a little irritating.

I don't stress about it anymore. I just do a few miles, most days the car runs smooth and I keep going, some days it's better to find something else to do.

G29 user here, also had that issue I believe. Will look into the gameplay later, I recorded that race

EDIT: Forget it, my PlayStation seems to not have recorded...

Last edited:
I Use The Standard PS4 Dual shock controller for GT Sport and have been having this issue for months now. So annoying. I only participate in Daily Races online . It NEVER happens in Qualifying or even Warm up only during the race. I’ll try the work around. Any news let this thread know?

I can confirm the work around mentioned in earlier threads worked for me.

1. During warm up turn off ABS
2. Go into car settings then exit
3. Turn ABS back to default
Nothing more needed

to answer earlier question .... the ABS is definitely off when this bug occurs. I know because I change ABS for different tracks and can tell the difference when it’s OFF weak or default.. even though you can check in the options while the race is on and the ABS settings say they’re set to default, The front wheels will lock up on hard braking proving the ABS is actually off altogether. It’s not on weak either... its off

BAD bug and been around a long time. Through many updates and patches it still remains. Happens to me every online race. I’ve had a shocker since it started dealing with understeer every online race

please fix programmers... it’s killing me

Last edited:
I can confirm the work around mentioned in earlier threads worked for me.

1. During warm up turn off ABS
2. Go into car settings then exit
3. Turn ABS back to default
Nothing more needed

to answer earlier question .... the ABS is definitely off when this bug occurs. I know because I change ABS for different tracks and can tell the difference when it’s OFF weak or default.. even though you can check in the options while the race is on and the ABS settings say they’re set to default, The front wheels will lock up on hard braking proving the ABS is actually off altogether. It’s not on weak either... its off

BAD bug and been around a long time. Through many updates and patches it still remains. Happens to me every online race. I’ve had a shocker since it started dealing with understeer every online race

please fix programmers... it’s killing me

It's easy to tell if ABS is off, your brake warning light will be yellow instead of red.

In the hopes this gets fixed sometime. I made this video today. I'm using a G29. ABS default, switched off then on. Won't go away today.

Sometimes it goes away. I was able to race on Monday. But couldn't Tuesday. Wednesday I did a FIA race while pounding on the brakes every few laps.

In the hopes this gets fixed sometime. I made this video today. I'm using a G29. ABS default, switched off then on. Won't go away today.

Sometimes it goes away. I was able to race on Monday. But couldn't Tuesday. Wednesday I did a FIA race while pounding on the brakes every few laps.
Nothing to do with the game bugging out. Potentiometer in your pedals is dusty. It might be fine in some games because every game has different deadzones.

Try this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-g25-g27-pedal-pontentiometers.247510/

I get the ABS glich every time I don't get out in warm-up. Don't need to have it turned off then on. Just go out with it turned on. Then I don't get it in the race. If I don't get out in warm-up, I will have the ABS glitch, causing the tires to lock up a bit under braking, which is very annoying.

Done this many times already.

I never cleaned that in the many years I used logitech , the only thing I needed to do when having the issue you had was take the things with the spring inside apart and clean inside there and give it some new "grease" to make it go smooth again ... so iff you havent done that before you should try that

Edit. I used this grease - silicone grease henkel loctite acidfree - batch nr 203181

I've never had an ABS issue. I don't turn it off at any point. It's always left on default.

I have had throttle issue asweel , where it did excactly like in the video , so iff you are going to take it apart grease inside both pedal`s :)

I have had throttle issue asweel , where it did excactly like in the video , so iff you are going to take it apart grease inside both pedal`s :)
Great tip, thanks. I do have a G29. It's only a few months old though now. I always do warm ups in sport mode. So I guess i'm perplexed why a bug exists on ABS. And that some can't seem to get rid of it.

Other developers if a bug like this occurs "Hello community. We're aware of this issue and working hard on it. We have a fix on the way for next week. Stay tuned for more!"
PD if a bug like this occurs ".............."

I dont think that's ABS off. Try driving with ABS actually off once to see how different it is.

I've only noticed the "ABS bug" once. Not that it hasn't happened to me more. But, the fix is to go out in the warm up or practice before the race it seems.

I dont think that's ABS off. Try driving with ABS actually off once to see how different it is.
It doesn't happen with ABS off.

Took my brakes apart last night. Didn't have grease but cleaned that part. Hopefully I'll get to check it later.

I never cleaned that in the many years I used logitech , the only thing I needed to do when having the issue you had was take the things with the spring inside apart and clean inside there and give it some new "grease" to make it go smooth again ... so iff you havent done that before you should try that

Edit. I used this grease - silicone grease henkel loctite acidfree - batch nr 203181

This might be it (time will tell). As that cylinder pumps it picks up lint and stuff with the grease and some sneaks it's way in causing friction which gets sensed. 💡

I cleaned around it. But haven't got the grease now. In the meantime I did set my Controller Sensitivity Setting down and that seems to work this morning.

Last edited:
It doesn't happen with ABS off.

Took my brakes apart last night. Didn't have grease but cleaned that part. Hopefully I'll get to check it later.

This might be it (time will tell). As that cylinder pumps it picks up lint and stuff with the grease and some sneaks it's way in causing friction which gets sensed. 💡

I cleaned around it. But haven't got the grease now. In the meantime I did set my Controller Sensitivity Setting down and that seems to work this morning.

You got to get some grease for it or the friction will be there shortly , it doesnt have to be ecactly what I used , just make sure it is acidfree grease :)

I've had the same issue with my G29 as well. Taking it apart and cleaning it helps. The other thing I've noticed and you can see it in your video as well is that it somehow seems to correlate with throttle input as well. Almost looks like some crosstalk between the signals.

Experimenting today I set my Controller Sensitivity Setting to max. Counter intuitive. Can't explain it. But it's working.

Is this still a thing?

Definitely felt like ABS weak for me today at Brands Hatch.
Front sliding out a little. The red part of the bar seemed smaller as usual.

((I think I did the warm-up and still it occurred. Will enter next time and test.))

Confirmed
2 races with warm-up: no issue.
1 race without warm-up: ABS BUG is on, feels like "weak".
Still managed to win in personal best (not lap time, but overall)
being gentle on the brakes really helps those tires!

Last edited:
Pretty sure I just had this bug in a lobby for Nations practice. Had been lapping, room owner changed settings of the tyres :banghead:, then changed them back to the correct settings, so he'd reset the race effectively. I re-entered but didn't go to track, when it all began the car just wanted to spin under braking throughout qualifying and the race.

I'm right in thinking that's the ABS glitch, yes?

Back