absolute best cars to tune

• Thread starter Powripper
  • 30 comments
what car(s) are the best cars to tune ( looks and preformance )
and why? so far i like tuning all the different skylines and wrx's(supras are good too)and also how much cars do u guys have and how much is ur whole garage worth (i got 55 cars total value=27 million) so far my fav car is the toyota gt-ONE road vers\w stage 4 turbo 975hp!!!!! (it can turn on the test course at like 240mph!)

I think the best car to tune that you can but from the line up is any Japanese sports car. eg. Skylines, Supras, RX-7s. I got around 70 cars worth a **** load of money.

Originally posted by powripper
what car(s) are the best cars to tune ( looks and preformance )
and why? so far i like tuning all the different skylines and wrx's(supras are good too)and also how much cars do u guys have and how much is ur whole garage worth (i got 55 cars total value=27 million) so far my fav car is the toyota gt-ONE road vers\w stage 4 turbo 975hp!!!!! (it can turn on the test course at like 240mph!)

240mph... thats it?? I've gotten her out to 261.8mph..:)

For best cars to tune, I'd defintily agree with F20, Skylines, RX-7's, and Supra's are awesome to tune. My Skyline pushes 800hp, and 230mph, my Supra is pushing 750hp, and is doing 230mph. I also think that if you pick the right one out, WRX's are very good for tuning.

Japanese cars are definitly the ones who can take greater moddifications. For me the GT-R (R34) v-spec skyline is the car that most completly changes face. I mean it goes from a fairly good car to a racing beast from the east - 234 hp(??) in stock to 774 hp with racing moddification (by the way Christer 774 is the max for the skylines). Of course the GT-one is where the excess is but it´s all the way a race car with a good amount of inicial horsepower whereas the skyline is kinda disguised under that agressive yet sedanish looks. Try that four stage turbo in the jag xj-220 race car too, you´ll be impressed but you´ll have to tune it first with asm and stuff cause he´s twitchy. I don´t keep track of my garage´s value as for car number it´s full, took me a while to refine my choices.

I think the best Tuner car as of right now would have to be the Impreza LM. That's atleast the best out of what I have in my garage. The handling on that car is amazing. I have set it up good enough to corner like there's no tomorrow.

Bla, I said pushes, I didn't mean I had 800 heh

Pow, I can keep it at top speed through the turns, just needs a set of Super Softs, and there ya go

My fully modded xj-220 is second to my two gt-ones, escudo, speed 12 and r390 gt1. I don´t have a 600hp car that can come close to it probably just the elise gt-one cerbera LM or crx del sol LM. Are you talking about a fully modded xj-220 :odd: ? Or are you just joking as I think you are?

Originally posted by bla
My fully modded xj-220 is second to my two gt-ones, escudo, speed 12 and r390 gt1. I don´t have a 600hp car that can come close to it probably just the elise gt-one cerbera LM or crx del sol LM. Are you talking about a fully modded xj-220 :odd: ? Or are you just joking as I think you are?

Yeah but that 5 speed sucks.

i got my toyota GT-ONE to go 270mph....has any one got it to go faster???? because thats the best ive been able to do, and yah, i was so pumped up to drive my xj220 at 900+ hp but with the 5 speed it feels way slower than that!! i finaly got it to go good with some carefull tunning......

The xj-220 definitly suffers from that 5-speed gearbox sindrome but I can reach the end of red rock valley straight at something like 330kph (205mph aprox.) wich is an higher value than most my cars can achive. I was shocked when my rx7 gt-c (a five speeder) got a 392kph (243mph) in the max speed test only 1mph slower than my speed 12 who easily defeated him in track speed. I also managed to get more speed in the max speed test from the gt-one after messing with gear ratios using only 5th gear. Didn´t test around that much, max speed isn´t really my game but it was faster. At any rate I like the xj-220, could´ve been a six speeder, the prototype was suposed to be as it was suposed to be awd with a v12... :(

of the Japanese crowd:
looks...grey Altezza RS200, yellow [R] Nismo 400R.
performance...Mazda RX-7 RZ, Spoon Integra Type-R.

looks, chaser sport edition (the one you win, looks sexy when tuned w/racing mods.) performance- mini-cooper, it rocks when tuned.....well......for the size.

Well, I agree with alot of you about the Supra's and the Skylines are good cars to get the job done, after getting the right setups. I also like the RX-7 LM Edition, when you achive a good setup, it really sticks to certain tracks and gets fast lap times. I just can't say what my favorite car is, because I like quiet a few of them after getting a great setup so that you can exit certain turns at a good fast speed. I have around 90 cars in my garage and I wouldn't attempt to say what the total value of the cars are worth. And in my opinion, if you choose the right setup for any car, you can achive good top speeds on the test track, but the real skill is tuning the cars to get the fast lap times like the pro's do is really awesome to me.

Originally posted by milefile
I forgot about that disappointing 5 speed.
Aye. When I discovered two years ago that you could Stage4-turbo the car, I thought, yeah...I'm kicking some Escudos....Crap, you can't upgrade the tranny!

So I leave the XJ220 at 542hp, I don't feel as cheated that way. It's more of a challenge that way, too.

Best cars to tune? That's a toughie. But...

FF: Mazda Demio.
Make this your first car. No, it ain't sexy, not fast, nothing exciting at first. Okay, you'll have 98hp, which is the minimum power rating for any race. Do the Tahiti Road/Sunday Cup race and earn credits, win the Kei races, max it out for FF races, the Compacts...before you know it you'll have pocket-sized 250-hp ass-kickin' machine.

4WD: Impreza WRX '98/'99
Take your pick. You'll be rewarded with a flawless car that can do no wrong. Max it out, and you'll have a rally car that's hard to beat. Clean up those 4wd races, and have a GT300 challenger to boot. If you choose the WRX wagon, you'll beat the Station Wagons easily.

FR: '98 RX-7 Type RS (or R)
Polish off the FR crew, Pure Sports, Grand Touring, and eventually the GT500/World League series.

MR: Toyota MR2 GT-S '98
Learn the ways of the mid-engined cars for mind-boggling results. The MR2 is just one of them.

Just a few suggestions for some fair racing on a budget.

Forgot one. I believe the stagea 260 rs to be unknown to most of gt2 players... maybe unapreciated too but I think it´s a marvelous van. In pumping departement she´s the horsy type, racing mod friendly too but what´s really cool about this van is the driving - she´s one of my slidiest biggest oversterer of all tyme and what´s fun is bringing that big large fat rear of hers in place again:D

The Yellow Submarine!

It's fun a for a while, but few of the wagons really get me stirred up though. The Legacy wagon's got some guts, though. And I've won quite a number of ~591hp races with a '96 Accord Wagon...definately closer racing.

Not the yellow one the one from new car lot. Not much of a difference, just a couple more horses and racing mod.

there is an easy way to figure out how much your total garage is worth, just look at the top of the screen and u will see those icons at the top left side, (home,race..etc) and on will be a pic of a trophie (game stats i think..) and there it should tell you how many races you have been in and the percentage won...and closer to the bottom it should tell you how many cars you have and how much your garage is worth :)

I like all the 4WD cars. I recently got a 500+ horsepower RUF CTR 2 sport and used it to win the seattle circuit 100mile race (overkill, I know). I's a bit prone to understeer, but overall very good, if expensive. I've also been using a '95 Lancer Evo with 350-some horsepower. More manuverable than the CTR, but still, you have to work to spin it.

Gt40 cause i entered a champ race and i thought i had it on its highest turbo but it only had 300 hp and i still blew away the Japanese crap(calsonic,zexel,one,all road cars) cant beat that huh but also maybe cause i go the skillz to pay teh bills too!!!

Gt40 cause i entered a champ race and i thought i had it on its highest turbo but it only had 300 hp and i still blew away the Japanese crap(calsonic,zexel,one,all road cars) cant beat that huh but also maybe cause i go the skillz to pay teh bills too!!!

Hey as much as i don't like to admit it, the best cars i the game are japanese (modified of course!) the most powerfull cars by far are the imports, any car lover knows for a fact, that they are not crap! ( i like em even though im a big german car fan)

Back