AC Baseline Setups

• Thread starter dyr_gl
  • 26 comments
Spain
Spain
dyr_gl
There are more setups HERE (post 19)

The idea of this thread is to group all the baseline setups I´ll create over time. They are all oriented to be RACED, so they are good for use over a long stint, so on top of being fast, they also have as targets being balance and providing good driveability.

I go over all the changes made and the reasons for them, so if you are looking to improve on tuning cars yourself -or you want to tweak the setup I provide- you are likely to find this useful.

They include some car specific driving tips too.

Last edited:
The idea of this thread is to group all the baseline setups I´ll create over time. They are all oriented to be RACED, so they are good for use over a long stint, so on top of being fast, they also have as targets being balance and providing good driveability.

I go over all the changes made and the reasons for them, so if you are looking to improve on tuning cars yourself -or you want to tweak the setup I provide- you are likely to find this useful.

They include some car specific driving tips too. Here´s the first for the Lotus Exos, good for both the normal and the Stage 1 version.

Very well described and helpful video, I'll be keeping an eye out for more.👍:cheers:

Hi dyr_gl I cannot get near your damper settings (see pic where the numbers are maxed out). e.g you show in your video rear fast bump at 40 mine maxes out at 16 :-(

I am on PS4 update 1.03 what are you tuning in? I suspect PC.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa_1.jpg
    Assetto Corsa_1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 166
Hi dyr_gl I cannot get near your damper settings (see pic where the numbers are maxed out). e.g you show in your video rear fast bump at 40 mine maxes out at 16 :-(

I am on PS4 update 1.03 what are you tuning in? I suspect PC.

If you talk about the Sauber C9, the update has changed the range of dampers completely. I explain it in the video, these are the pre-patch values I was using, after the patch the new default levels work really well.

If you talk about the Sauber C9, the update has changed the range of dampers completely. I explain it in the video, these are the pre-patch values I was using, after the patch the new default levels work really well.
I am sorry to say I missed that in your video as I find your accent very hard to understand :-(

Thanks for the baseline setup for the Lotus Exo 125.

I used it for the hardest race in career, (in my opinion) the Lotus Exo Stage 1 race at Mugello in Formula 1 series.

I after 10+ attempts with my own setups and a best finish of 6th I came here hoping for something to help with the handling.

On second attempt with your setup I won the race by 2.2 seconds. I ran out of gas on my first attempt on lap 8 in 2nd place. So be sure to have fuel at least to 50L for anyone who reads this and is trying to medal that particular race.

I have a few minor adjustments I made for my preferences off your setup and I use a G29 with custom feedback settings so I won't bother posting them unless asked because they probably won't work for everyone.

Thanks for finally helping me get past this race!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-09-10-50-00.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-09-10-50-00.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 83
I can´t blame you haha! I try to add subtitles but I don´t have the time recently. Cheers.
No need to go to any extra effort but perhaps use the odd caption to stress an important point.

I do think it is necessary now to make sure everyone who supplies tips or tunes makes it very clear what platform they are on and (especially now) what version of the software.

Left this completely abandoned for a while. Added one more to the OP, and I bet it´s a popular one, after all everybody is racing these: McLaren 650 GT3.

After 1.09 update the Exos got new values in the setup screen, so I´ve brought the tune up to date with a revision. I just changed it in the OP in place of the old one. Unless they have messed with the values again for 1.11.3 this should work for all platforms.

How do like The Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport ? Hopefully you share your thoughts and numbers.

Thank you for your time.

Can't tell you how much these setups are appreciated. Project Cars tuning became so much easier with your instruction, so I've been doing all my own tuning in Assetto Corsa. Going to try some of these tunes and see how well I've been tuning compared to the professor. :lol:

Very nice thread! I never noticed it before. My ability to tune my own cars is awful...I'll have to give your videos and tuning examples a try. One problem with Assetto Corsa is the developers are always tweaking the cars and the tires - the changes are usually for the better, but the changes often make previous setups invalid. :grumpy: Anyway, keep the racing tunes coming! 👍 :cheers:

Very nice thread! I never noticed it before. My ability to tune my own cars is awful...I'll have to give your videos and tuning examples a try. One problem with Assetto Corsa is the developers are always tweaking the cars and the tires - the changes are usually for the better, but the changes often make previous setups invalid. :grumpy: Anyway, keep the racing tunes coming! 👍 :cheers:

Yes, the changes are usually small but they can throw your previous work out of the window. It´s frustrating if you want to share tunes but as a player it pays off having improvements on the game´s physics often.

Do you use The Setup Market? If not, you should think about it. I'm often browsing for tunes. Thankfully, the author of the website also created an Assetto Corsa app for thesetupmarket which allows users to download setups while on the track. The author was wise to include a column letting users know which version of AC was used when that setup was created.
http://thesetupmarket.com

Do you use The Setup Market? If not, you should think about it. I'm often browsing for tunes. Thankfully, the author of the website also created an Assetto Corsa app for thesetupmarket which allows users to download setups while on the track. The author was wise to include a column letting users know which version of AC was used when that setup was created.
http://thesetupmarket.com
Yes, very cool. But personally, I've found most setups are for the P.C. version. Consoles have different values for suspension settings, and there's no way (that I know of) to convert P.C. values to console values. After finding what I thought was a gold mine, I realized it was pretty much useless for a PS4 user. :irked:

Yes, the changes are usually small but they can throw your previous work out of the window. It´s frustrating if you want to share tunes but as a player it pays off having improvements on the game´s physics often.
Hmmm... Sounds like a positive attitude. Somehow I'm not surprised. :cheers:

Last edited:
I apologize @Gr8_Lakes I should have specified that it was for PC users only. I could ask the creator how much of a pain would it be to add a Console page. You wouldn't have the in-game app, but that's no big deal. 90% of the tunes I've used from there were on a 2nd screen as I punched in the numbers on my gaming screen.

Could you please tune some super cars (Nissan GTR, Ferrari 458, Lambo Gallardo SV, Porsche 911 Turbo, Toyota Supra etc)? I believe they only require basic alignment tuning.

niice stuff. Are there some things you do that you wouldn't IRL? I know some setups exploit the physics and work around the limits. I want to stat tuning myself but dont' know where to start since it's so different from GT Sport/GT6

Back