AC Brooklands Ace 1993

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 5 comments
6980012292_cddea65be5_b.jpg

IMG_8688f.jpg
5865860950_cc3aa96b68_b.jpg
ac_ace_interior_3.jpg

Development
The Brooklands Ace traces its history back to the 1986 concept car called the Ace of Spades that featured a high proportion of Ford parts including the 2.9 V6 engine and four-wheel drive system.

The car underwent significant development before reappearing in 1991 with a new design by IAD, a stainless steel chassis and a Ford 3.0 V6 engine.[2] The second prototype was a standard two-seater, dropping the 2+2 design of the Ace of Spades.

Brooklands Ace (1993-1996)
In 1993 the production model was launched, with a new specification and went into small scale production for two years before AC Cars folded in 1996. The production model is powered by a 5.0 L V8 engine from Ford and is shared with the AC Cobra, producing 225 bhp (168 kW; 228 PS). The final version included an electric hood mechanism but the pop-up headlights from the earlier prototype had been abandoned, but the aluminium body was kept. Production ended with 46 of the original versions made between 1993 and 1996, by which time AC Cars had gone into receivership.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Brooklands_Ace

If you would like another Ace's check out
AC Ace Turbo Prototype 1986 by BJahalt88 (first prototype for this car)
AC Ace 4.6 V8 32v 2000 by Aero2000 (a redesigned, faster and more modern version)
AC Ace Bristol 1956 by Sick Cylinder (a classic Ace)

Last edited:
...:odd: I swear I've seen this before, here in the Car Suggestions forum at some point....hmm.
@JKgo thread by Aero used to have same and wrong pictures for his suggestion

Like Neddo said you remember the car from one of mine suggestions, but the car on my suggestion was the first year of the 4,6 V8 ACE before the face lift, now I had upgrade the suggestion to the facelifted one, so Neddo could do this suggestion without confusion :P

@JKgo thread by Aero used to have same and wrong pictures for his suggestion

Like Neddo said you remember the car from one of mine suggestions, but the car on my suggestion was the first year of the 4,6 V8 ACE before the face lift, now I had upgrade the suggestion to the facelifted one, so Neddo could do this suggestion without confusion :P

...Well okay. {Shrugs shoulders}

Moving on...:)

Back